The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 980
Original post by samba
You're not getting mata lol. If you think you are, you're dreaming as much as the Utd fans who think they're gonna get modric are.

And title challenge? Not a chance in hell. Maybe top4.

You must be a busy man. In between being Mata's agent, you also take time to trawl message boards.

Wait and see.
Reply 981
Original post by samba
You're not getting mata lol. If you think you are, you're dreaming as much as the Utd fans who think they're gonna get modric are.

And title challenge? Not a chance in hell. Maybe top4.

Manc comments like that aren't welcome in this thread, go troll in your own.

In my opinion I don't think united will do as well as everyone is expecting them to next season. Well... I hope not anyway :biggrin:
Reply 982
Just reading an Article from the othe week. There's a couple of 'Gerrard on' bits, Suarez, himself and Henderson. For the latter he says "It's a really positive signing. Let's hope he is the next Steven Gerrard. Liverpool needs a new Steven Gerrard and it will need a new Jamie Carragher. That's what good football clubs do - they replace their best players.".

Wow. What an unbelievable self-appreciating ****er.
Reply 983
Having watched both of last nights england games I can say a couple things. If Henderson plays anything like he did last night we'll have wasted 15million. He was absolutely shocking, even worse than the other 2 previous matches. The amount of passes that were misplaced and attacks that broke down when the ball reached him was unbelievable. I hope he has a good pre-season here and gels quickly because after that performance I'm not as optimistic about him as I was.

Secondly Sterling had a cracker of a game against Rwanada. Bossed the left hand side of the pitch along with Smith, in the end the only way they could stop him was to repeatedly foul him. He went missing a bit in the middle of the second half and came back with an amazing reply. The goal he scored was an absolute beauty. He is very lightweight but if he gains some muscle over this next season I could easily see him walking into the first team
Reply 984
Original post by Stirlo
Having watched both of last nights england games I can say a couple things. If Henderson plays anything like he did last night we'll have wasted 15million.

Don't take too much out of a under 21s tournament. We bought Babel, Sinama and Bruno based on their performances in such a thing.

Also, it doesn't mean anything when he's playing under a ****e manager enforcing ****e 'roy hodgson two banks of four and no movement' tactics.

Judge him once Kenny has had time to sort him out.
Reply 985
Just seen Raheem Sterling vs Rwanda here:

What great player, what great goal in the end! Could be a Liverpool star in the future!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 986
Agreed he looks a fantastic prospect.

I think I may watch the internet stream from now on. Watching it on eurosport last night was like watching a football match from 20-30 years ago the picture quality was that bad even in HD. lol. I mean if the ball was kicked too fast you couldn't see it you had to try and follow the shadow xD. I didn't even see Raheem's goal go in until the net of the goal moved. All the players had a white angel like glow to them too lol
Original post by Stirlo

Original post by Stirlo
Agreed he looks a fantastic prospect.

I think I may watch the internet stream from now on. Watching it on eurosport last night was like watching a football match from 20-30 years ago the picture quality was that bad even in HD. lol. I mean if the ball was kicked too fast you couldn't see it you had to try and follow the shadow xD. I didn't even see Raheem's goal go in until the net of the goal moved. All the players had a white angel like glow to them too lol

Lol, Eurosport.

Have they changed at all in the last 5-10 years? Probably last watched it 6/7/8 years ago.

I think it got to the stage where every commentary was done by the same guy/voice, no matter what the event/sport etc. was
Reply 988
Original post by cocacola2
Lol, Eurosport.

Have they changed at all in the last 5-10 years? Probably last watched it 6/7/8 years ago.

I think it got to the stage where every commentary was done by the same guy/voice, no matter what the event/sport etc. was

I don't know this is the first time I've watched it for years, I'm not sure if it was eurosport or just the mexican camera's. HD looked like SD from 10 years ago lol though
Original post by Stirlo
Having watched both of last nights england games I can say a couple things. If Henderson plays anything like he did last night we'll have wasted 15million. He was absolutely shocking, even worse than the other 2 previous matches. The amount of passes that were misplaced and attacks that broke down when the ball reached him was unbelievable. I hope he has a good pre-season here and gels quickly because after that performance I'm not as optimistic about him as I was.

Are you having a laugh?

He's playing there with a team full of other U21 internationals. This should be blatantly obvious but at Liverpool he'll be playing alongside senior internationals like Meireles, Gerrard and Lucas who came on leaps and bounds last season.

Not only that but he still has a lot to learn from Kenny and the training team at Melwood. Henderson even said that in his very first interview on SSN. On his day, he is a brilliant player. You only have to see his performances for Sunderland last season to notice that.

Give him time to learn from Kenny and believe me, he'll be a very good player. Kenny has obviously seen something in him that he likes and thinks he can nurture into a true talent.

Lets be honest, when Ronaldo first joined United, he overdid the tricks and tried to be the God of football. After Ferguson told him to play more football and do more of the simple stuff and man managed him he improved massively as a player. The same could be said for Nani who has become more consistent of late. This was also evident with Lucas since Kenny took over. His performances at times were just mesmerising. It was obvious for all to see that he was enjoying his football more and going into games in a better frame of mind.

Have faith in Kenny and you'll be rewarded for it.

You can't expect a youngster like Henderson to be instantly great and to shine massively in a competition flooded with other youngsters. The only players in recent times I've seen that have stood out from all others in that competition are Muller, Ozil, Khedira and Bojan. The rest of them in the U21 and lower aged competitions are all inconsistent which is a frequent thing with players who are young.
Original post by AreYouDizzeeBlud_x
Are you having a laugh?

He's playing there with a team full of other U21 internationals. This should be blatantly obvious but at Liverpool he'll be playing alongside senior internationals like Meireles, Gerrard and Lucas who came on leaps and bounds last season.

Not only that but he still has a lot to learn from Kenny and the training team at Melwood. Henderson even said that in his very first interview on SSN. On his day, he is a brilliant player. You only have to see his performances for Sunderland last season to notice that.

Give him time to learn from Kenny and believe me, he'll be a very good player. Kenny has obviously seen something in him that he likes and thinks he can nurture into a true talent.

Lets be honest, when Ronaldo first joined United, he overdid the tricks and tried to be the God of football. After Ferguson told him to play more football and do more of the simple stuff and man managed him he improved massively as a player. The same could be said for Nani who has become more consistent of late. This was also evident with Lucas since Kenny took over. His performances at times were just mesmerising. It was obvious for all to see that he was enjoying his football more and going into games in a better frame of mind.

Have faith in Kenny and you'll be rewarded for it.

You can't expect a youngster like Henderson to be instantly great and to shine massively in a competition flooded with other youngsters. The only players in recent times I've seen that have stood out from all others in that competition are Muller, Ozil, Khedira and Bojan. The rest of them in the U21 and lower aged competitions are all inconsistent which is a frequent thing with players who are young.

Please, please don't compare Henderson to Ronaldo, his price tag gives him enough pressure as it is. And actually Lucas has been fantastic all season, there's not been a noticable improvement under Kenny.

Babel, Drenthe destroyed in that competition cheers, and both have messed up their careers.

In all honesty, Henderson was the worst England player throughout the tournament, consistently rubbish and Lansbury really should have started the last game ahead of him. Having said that, it won't make an impact on his career, and he'll be a success here...
i honestly do not understand why we are forking out so much money on average players.
Firstly we spunk 35 million on a geordie alcoholic wife beater who cannot header in a straight line and had under half a season in the premiership. the only reason he scored the amount he did was due to barton and nolans crosses. and apart from that hammershot he scored against us at newcastle most of his goals have come from well placed crosses from barton. honestly, if we cannot get at least 18+ goals a season then we would have been robbed. and please do not give me that rubbish about him being unfit because it does not take peak physical fitness to header or jump for a ball

on the other hand i realise it was the last day of the transfer window and so an extra 5 million was added on as well as an extra 10 mill cos he is english. also it was abramovichs money that paid for him anyways. or we could be in chelseas shoes who burned 50 million on a dud. but for 35 million i honestly dont know why we didnt just pay another 5 million and match Agueros release fee

With the greatest of respects henderson is NOT worth 20 million. not only that but i have watched him play for sunderland and he was average at best. i honestly think spearing would be better than him next season. in addition we also now have gerrard, aquaman, merieles, lucas, spearing, poulsen, shelvey and now henderson for midfield. and there can only be 3 places maximum so who we going to drop? and theres talks of us signing adam where will he play? it is nice to see us spending but why on positions that dont need strengthing? like two wingers for left and right, because i do not care how many hatricks he scores dirk kuyt is an AVERAGE PLAYER at best.

Buttt there again it is kenny danglish managing us, and he won the league with BLACK BURN ROVERS, And if he can win with those halfbaked duds then think what he could do for us, and at least we dont have owlman "rubyerface" hodgson in charge anymore or we could be hosting scunthorpe and accrington
Original post by mar junior

Buttt there again it is kenny danglish managing us, and he won the league with BLACK BURN ROVERS, And if he can win with those halfbaked duds then think what he could do for us, and at least we dont have owlman "rubyerface" hodgson in charge anymore or we could be hosting scunthorpe and accrington

Halfbaked duds? OK.
Reply 993
Original post by AreYouDizzeeBlud_x
Are you having a laugh?

I understand what you're saying and I don't doubt he'll improve when being around more senior players, but as Straight Up G said he was by far the worst player in the tournement. Did you watch it yourself? If you did you'll have seen the errors he was making weren't caused by being with a team of U21s. He missed an awful lot of his passes, that quite honestly I could've made myself (and I'm terrible at football). Maybe I was a bit rash to say I'm no longer optimistic, but I'm not happy with what I saw for him, even at an U21 competition
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Kevmeister
Halfbaked duds? OK.

Well theyre not exactly consistent title contenders let alone in the top half of the table....
Well theyre not exactly consistent title contenders let alone in the top half of the table....

They were then. Can you not comprehend that teams change over time? Heck, Liverpool haven't been consistent title contenders for the best part of a decade.
Original post by Kevmeister
They were then. Can you not comprehend that teams change over time? Heck, Liverpool haven't been consistent title contenders for the best part of a decade.

they immediately finished 7th last season and then when kenny left they have only finished in top half on a couple of occasions, and even got relegated. and from then on they were relegation strugglers or stuck in mid table in the premiership
(edited 12 years ago)
they immediately finished 7th last season and then when kenny left they have only finished in top half on a couple of occasions, and even got relegated. and from then on they were relegation strugglers or stuck in mid table in the premiership

Shearer and co were not 'halfbaked duds'. They finished second the season before winning the title. Stop discrediting the players to make your king look good.
Original post by Straight up G
Please, please don't compare Henderson to Ronaldo, his price tag gives him enough pressure as it is. And actually Lucas has been fantastic all season, there's not been a noticable improvement under Kenny.

Babel, Drenthe destroyed in that competition cheers, and both have messed up their careers.

In all honesty, Henderson was the worst England player throughout the tournament, consistently rubbish and Lansbury really should have started the last game ahead of him. Having said that, it won't make an impact on his career, and he'll be a success here...

Lampard has been consistently rubbish for the senior England team, he still does tremendously well for Chelsea.

I also never compared him to Ronaldo in technical ability, I compared him to Ronaldo in the likelihood that Kenny will do the same as Ferguson and nurture him to get the best out of him which will be the case.

Also, Lucas did improve under Kenny and it was noticeable. He even came out and said himself in an interview that Kenny had helped him come on leaps and bounds. You can't get a better source than from the person himself. I'm not saying Lucas was rubbish before Kenny took over, he was playing very well, but he did take it to an extra level when Kenny took over, towards the end of the season he was easily one of the best midfielders in the division.
Shearer and co were not 'halfbaked duds'. They finished second the season before winning the title. Stop discrediting the players to make your king look good.

i am NOT discrediting any player nor did i say that kenny is the god of managing, i am just saying that for a manager, winning the league with blackburn is not as easy as winning a league with a better club like Manchester united or liverpool. as the quality of players is better,

I understand football has changed in that players were different and so were tactics however liverpool were still regarded as a top club back then. Shearer, tony gale, shay given and Le saux are very good players. but what happened when danglish left afterwards? they dropped to seventh

Please read through my whole post instead of picking out phrases and starting full blown arguments about them. also this is a liverpool forum, not a blackburn one. blackburn right now are not title contenders so leave it like that.

Latest