The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Tippett's "Deep River" from Child of our Time
Reply 101
Joey_Johns
My dads friend is a funeral director. I kid you not, someone had that song played at their funeral.

Brilliant!
Reply 102
alocin
Maybe "Driftwood" by Travis, I love Bright Eyes but even just listening to the song makes me teary so that's just a little too sad.

Yay! Theres two of us that love it... I figured at our funerals we aren't going to be there to be sad...

Zapsta
Beegees - Staying Alive.

I remember on Sky New when one of the Beegees died recently they had that playing in the background! I kid you not.. they had changed it next time they shown the clip tho....

Gimp
Chopin's Funeral March,
and
Steps - 5, 6, 7, 8.

Steps.... NOOOO! Althought Tradegy might be approprate
Reply 103
txt_eva
Steps.... NOOOO! Althought Tradegy might be approprate

Well I wasn't entirely serious. I haven't actually written the programme for my funeral as of yet. Nor do I intend to for many many years. :smile:

In 60 years no doubt there will be a whole range of new music suitable for the occasion :smile:
Buffallo Bill's Lament by Don Mclean lol
Reply 105
fast food rockers - fast food song
Reply 106
TheWolf
fast food rockers - fast food song

Noooooooooooo!!!

*I Hate that song*

And now it's stuck in my head...

/runs away humming "A Pizza hut, a pizza hut..."
I Just died in your arms tonight - Foreigner
Reply 108
Talking of the Bee Gee's when Muarice died Graham Norton made a joke about him dying and he is not so statin' alive now. His joke promoted more complaints to channel 4 than any other programme in the channels history, even more than Brass Eye.

What Graham Norton didn't realise is that the Bee Gee's have sold more than 100 million albums world wide so his joke angered a lot of people. They are also the second most sucessful record producers after Paul McCartney.
teamvillage
Tippett's "Deep River" from Child of our Time

Oh, yes! That would be gorgeous.
Also the Agnus Dei from Britten's War Requiem.
Reply 110
For me, it would have to be Stairway to Heaven .
Reply 111
mmmmmmm. interesting question. I'd quite like "honour him" from the gladiator soundtrack, or perhaps something from the lord of the rings - maybe the lament stuff for Gandalf.

Rank 1 - Airwave (Chillout mix) [a trance track...] would be good too, as would some Einaudi. SO much good music.

I've been thinking a lot about mortality today since I saw that crash on the motorway... and then heard all the stories on here about young people dying.....

Cheerful Stuff. None the less, I think those of you who have said I don't care or whatever... well that's dumb. You could die any time... life could go crap. its a fact. life lived with an awareness of mortality is an enriched life.
ashokan farewell from the Ken Burns' Civil War documentary

Crockett's Theme - Jan Hammer
Reply 113
Lord Huntroyde
For me, it would have to be Stairway to Heaven .

Rolf Harris's rendition I hope? :smile:
Reply 114
Gimp
Rolf Harris's rendition I hope? :smile:

oh definately!
Reply 115
Lord Huntroyde
oh definately!

Oh! Can I come puuleeeeeezzee! :smile:
ABBA - Super Trouper

I've wanted to have some random childrens hymn which includes the line "and if I was a wiggly worm I'd thank the lord that I could squirm" ever since getting the giggles about it in the hymn book at my nanas funeral

I'd like to think of people getting the giggles at my funeral...I'd also like to insist that everyone came dressed as mexican bandits rather than the traditional black...but I doubt my relatives would humour me :biggrin:
Knockin` On Heavens Door - Eric Clapton would be my first choice

Working Class Hero - John Lennon
Reply 118
txt_eva
I remember on Sky New when one of the Beegees died recently they had that playing in the background! I kid you not.. they had changed it next time they shown the clip tho....

Changed it?!? I have lost all faith in the human race :frown:
Reply 119
Zapsta
Changed it?!? I have lost all faith in the human race :frown:

Yesh, I'm afriaid it was a bit controvertal....

Latest

Trending

Trending