The Student Room Group

Edexcel Linear Higher Non-Calc June 2011 Model answers on the actual paper (1st post)

Scroll to see replies

if i got 64 can i get an A* or an A???
Reply 81
Original post by needhelplease
samee :s im year 11, next year doing a levels but one is maths, so it wouldnt take up much time cause id already be studying it and may just have to do a bit more revision

Same issue here. Its just I'm worried I will have to replace the A level with a resit and AS. :frown:
Reply 82
where is the exam paper and the model answers?
Original post by MairaY
where is the exam paper and the model answers?

Did you not bother looking at the first post?
Reply 84
im going to be a pain and ask:

i think i got 62 from looking at the paper, do you think it would be possible for me to still get an A grade overall? if so, what would i need to get? :smile:
Reply 85
Original post by InadequateJusticex
Did you not bother looking at the first post?

yh i did but i dont know where the link is. the attached files are only the revision list and P3 stuff :/
where are the files?
the attached file is the model answers
Reply 87
okay im confused. theres only 2 attached files. one is a reviison list and the other is about science?
can someone show me the link again pleasee ? or the attached files?
Original post by MairaY
okay im confused. theres only 2 attached files. one is a reviison list and the other is about science?
can someone show me the link again pleasee ? or the attached files?

The P3 stuff isn't actually Science. It's the Maths paper scanned in. :tongue: I don't know why it's called P3, but just click and open it.
Reply 89
The higher non-calc is paper 3.

foundation is papers 1&2

higher is 3&4
Original post by Quiero
Hey, I'm glad you did well. But don't come on a thread full of people hating how badly they did and complain that you made a few silly mistakes and didn't get 100% even though you have secured an A*.

Sorry, didn't mean to complain, didn't really read many other posts, just the mark scheme so I wasn't aware of loads of people hating how badly they did...I dunno how well you did, but if you did do well, congrats, and if not, then you've got Friday to do well.

I'm sitting additional maths next Monday, and tbh, I am so worried for that, it was just a relief that I did well in the GCSE, didn't mean to boast
Guys for the last Question, did you end up with a quadratic equation? and then was there two Answers?

I think it was -3 and 2, or -2 and 3?

Correct me if I'm wrong???
Original post by examgirl
for the make k the subject i got:
tk-2t=k
-2t=k-tk
-2t=k-tk
-2t=k(-t+1)
k=-2t/-t+1

Absolutely right! I got (1-t) but yeh same thing :smile:
Thanks for the exam paper btw, really helped visually understand what I had done right and wrong !! Thanks a lot!!!
Reply 93
Thanks so much for this! Unsure about two, can someone enlighten me?

12b, I put 4x^-1 instead of 4/x but they're the same thing. Would I lose any marks there?

25, I put h= root 3 x squared instead of h= x root 3... again, same thing so would I lose marks?
Reply 94
Original post by InadequateJusticex
The P3 stuff isn't actually Science. It's the Maths paper scanned in. :tongue: I don't know why it's called P3, but just click and open it.

ohh right, ha thanks. i didnt actually bother opening it so :colondollar:
Reply 95
and also why does it say 11th june then? :/
Reply 96
Original post by MairaY
and also why does it say 11th june then? :/

6/6/11

6th June 2011
Reply 97
messed that up silly. one thing though, is the calculator paper harder or easier than the non-calc?
Reply 98
do edexcel give e.c.f marks, say for the mass question, if you had calculated the area wrong but then times it by 200 and then by 8 would you still get say 4 out of 5 marks?
Positive Rating!
Original post by Rose.1994
do edexcel give e.c.f marks, say for the mass question, if you had calculated the area wrong but then times it by 200 and then by 8 would you still get say 4 out of 5 marks?
Positive Rating!

Yes they do. :smile: So yes, you would receive 4 out of 5 marks, I would imagine. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending