The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 260
Original post by dreamer9501
Lol I have no idea if manesh is veggie. Ask him.

Hey isn't ravneet veggie? Do it with her.

Lol yup my parents are like that. Why did you put that there? Why is that still like that? What the hell are you doing? Etc etc. Argue over stupid things. Lol going on your own? Mannnn why do I never get to do that?

Oh oh bollywood. I self teach myself bollywood. But tbh I'm more of a classical person. It's a sacred dance form you know? Nearly got wiped out when the Mughals invaded India and then when the gore came they liked to use the temple dancers as their slags. Temple dancers lost all their dignity and respect. :mad: but a few very clever people kept the dance alive in it's pure form and nurtured it. :biggrin: so it grew back as a temple dance in the 1930s and spread to be a symbol of Indian fine arts. :biggrin:

Woah! I totally get what you mean, I've always wanted to do classical but I've never had the chance :frown: Bollywood came to my mandir so I grabbed the opportunity haha. I know India's history has been tainted by invaders but atleast the sanskruti still lives on; to a point anyway!

The arguments are crazy. I get soo annoyed at them! Come with me!!! It's still not too late, come come come!!!

Oh yeah, ravneet's veggie; I'll have to make do with her :P
(edited 12 years ago)
Oh yeah forgot I posted that. :tongue:

Hmmm I'm not white. It says white chicks.

:tongue:

lololol i was asking you, not what the guy that made the post asked :tongue:
Original post by Devyani
Woah! I totally get what you mean, I've always wanted to do classical but I've never had the chance :frown: Bollywood came to my mandir so I grabbed the opportunity haha. I know India's history has been tainted by invaders but atleast the sanskruti still lives on; to a point anyway!

The arguments are crazy. I get soo annoyed at them! Come with me!!! It's still not too late, come come come!!!

Oh yeah, ravneet's veggie; I'll have to make do with her :P

Yup our sanskruti is like eternal. I dont think anything can destroy it.:biggrin:

Lol you've known me for five years If you asked me in year 7 you could've been pretty advanced by now. But no you ask me in year 11. Lol. Dw you still have plenty of time to learn. You end up getting addicted once you start tbh.:smile:

Lol come India with you? Lol no thanks. I think I should spend as much time as possible with my friends this summer which going to India won't let me do. That's why I told my rents I didn't want to go this year. But hey in the future maybe. I'm planning on taking Susan on like a tour of India because I think she needs to see a bit more than whatbollywood movies show. She's so white it's unreal. You would think she'd be really fresh when she's best friends with me but nope. . . Still a cocunut.
Original post by Indian_Prince
:tongue:

lololol i was asking you, not what the guy that made the post asked :tongue:

I don't know.
I don't know.

poor guy :redface:, they got some random guys picture from thegumtree lololol
poor guy :redface:, they got some random guys picture from thegumtree lololol

Lol. Na he doesn't look that good but who knows his personality might just over ride his looks but still no I wouldn't tbh.
Lol. Na he doesn't look that good but who knows his personality might just over ride his looks but still no I wouldn't tbh.

very dark :redface:
cya everyone
WOAH! INDIAN SOC???? :eek2:
very dark :redface:

Lol. I'm south Indian. I have seen people a lot darker. Like black dark. Skin colour makes no real difference to me.:smile:
Lol. I'm south Indian. I have seen people a lot darker. Like black dark. Skin colour makes no real difference to me.:smile:

:redface: i thought you were more to the west :redface: thats really good though:smile:
:redface: i thought you were more to the west :redface: thats really good though:smile:

Well where I'm from comes under south India but it isn't that south. It's actually quite central. But my dads originally from chennai and thats pretty south. But yeah people are still quite dark there compared to like the northern areas of India. I'm not from the west, I'm more from the east actually.

Thanks. :smile:
So, who's Marathi or Gujju onn this thread??
Well where I'm from comes under south India but it isn't that south. It's actually quite central. But my dads originally from chennai and thats pretty south. But yeah people are still quite dark there compared to like the northern areas of India. I'm not from the west, I'm more from the east actually.

Thanks. :smile:

sorryyy i mean east :tongue: got my west and east confused :redface: yup yup cose like you're opposite to mumbai well like on the other side of india :tongue: indias huge :frown:
sorryyy i mean east :tongue: got my west and east confused :redface: yup yup cose like you're opposite to mumbai well like on the other side of india :tongue: indias huge :frown:

Yup yup. On the sameish level as Mumbai but on the other side of the country. Have no idea why it comes under south tbh if mumbai doesn't. :s-smilie:
Reply 275
Original post by anuradha_d
So, who's Marathi or Gujju onn this thread??

I'm gujjju! :biggrin:
Reply 276
Yup our sanskruti is like eternal. I dont think anything can destroy it.:biggrin:

Lol you've known me for five years If you asked me in year 7 you could've been pretty advanced by now. But no you ask me in year 11. Lol. Dw you still have plenty of time to learn. You end up getting addicted once you start tbh.:smile:

Lol come India with you? Lol no thanks. I think I should spend as much time as possible with my friends this summer which going to India won't let me do. That's why I told my rents I didn't want to go this year. But hey in the future maybe. I'm planning on taking Susan on like a tour of India because I think she needs to see a bit more than whatbollywood movies show. She's so white it's unreal. You would think she'd be really fresh when she's best friends with me but nope. . . Still a cocunut.

Oh fair enoughh, I;ll just go by myself then. Alone, vulnerable, scared 8)
I'll come with you on this tour, it could get very interesting, and you'll need someone who is streetwise in India :P
I really thought she would have been fresh because she has really long hair and that- fully thought she was a religious Sikh ennit, only realised that she isn't in like year 11
In the future, yeah man- I'll take you to and we'll go mandir hopping or something :biggrin: (I like mandirs okay :P)
Coconuts miss out on so much! haha, but no worries we can change Susan!
How much have you got planned out for this summer? Lots of day outs and sleepovers I imagine? Go london or something, that'll be fun!
Original post by Devyani
Oh fair enoughh, I;ll just go by myself then. Alone, vulnerable, scared 8)
I'll come with you on this tour, it could get very interesting, and you'll need someone who is streetwise in India :P
I really thought she would have been fresh because she has really long hair and that- fully thought she was a religious Sikh ennit, only realised that she isn't in like year 11
In the future, yeah man- I'll take you to and we'll go mandir hopping or something :biggrin: (I like mandirs okay :P)
Coconuts miss out on so much! haha, but no worries we can change Susan!
How much have you got planned out for this summer? Lots of day outs and sleepovers I imagine? Go london or something, that'll be fun!

Lol. Susans a coconut but she respects her culture a lot even though she doesn't know much about it and shes atheist. If you actually sit and talk to her about it like me and mr dhillow did practically every morning then she does actually get interested. The only reason she has long hair is to fulfil her grandmothers wish apparently. Not because she's actually religious.

Oi I am streetwise!! Well you wouldn't be streetwise where I'm streetwise and I wouldn't be streetwise where you're streetwise. So going together would balance it out. Yup you can come and then Susan can just follow us.:smile:

I love mandirs too. There are so many I need to see. I need to go to all the south ones first because some of those temples are like WOW and they're some of the oldest biggest ones too.:biggrin:

Lol I have nothing planned out. Just gonna go with the flow. The thing is I have two of friends: Susan and co and then parmela, khadeeja, simran etc. I can't meet up with them both together because one group feels awkward with the other group so I'm gonna have to do like a daily swap of who I'm going out with. So confusing yaar. We were thinking drayton manor one day and then London another day and yup lots of sleepovers and I'll probably be spending most days in town from morning to night.

I'm working on your dance translation thing atm. It's actually quite hard to write and explain the expressions. I might just dance in form and show you but people are gonna stare and be like what is she doing. :redface:

Look manesh added you to the members list.:smile: such a sweet boy hain na?:tongue:
(edited 12 years ago)
bruv what you on?

whats man saying though? .
Reply 279
Lol. Susans a coconut but she respects her culture a lot even though she doesn't know much about it and shes atheist. If you actually sit and talk to her about it like me and mr dhillow did practically every morning then she does actually get interested. The only reason she has long hair is to fulfil her grandmothers wish apparently. Not because she's actually religious.

Oi I am streetwise!! Well you wouldn't be streetwise where I'm streetwise and I wouldn't be streetwise where you're streetwise. So going together would balance it out. Yup you can come and then Susan can just follow us.:smile:

I love mandirs too. There are so many I need to see. I need to go to all the south ones first because some of those temples are like WOW and they're some of the oldest biggest ones too.:biggrin:

Lol I have nothing planned out. Just gonna go with the flow. The thing is I have two of friends: Susan and co and then parmela, khadeeja, simran etc. I can't meet up with them both together because one group feels awkward with the other group so I'm gonna have to do like a daily swap of who I'm going out with. So confusing yaar. We were thinking drayton manor one day and then London another day and yup lots of sleepovers and I'll probably be spending most days in town from morning to night.

I'm working on your dance translation thing atm. It's actually quite hard to write and explain the expressions. I might just dance in form and show you but people are gonna stare and be like what is she doing. :redface:

Look manesh added you to the members list.:smile: such a sweet boy hain na?:tongue:

Awh, he's adorable :')
Yeah, susan does look like she's genuinely interested which is good and an independant interest is way better than having your fam and friends bringing you up to be interested in it and you not exactly knowing whats going on, if you get what I mean?

awh siri, you're a star! Show me on the field on monday or something haha, no actually do it in form- make Dhillow watch it :P We can make this trip happen! whoop whoop!

Town is soo much effort! I'd rather chill at someone's house, there's less chances of bumping into unwanted poeple ennit! And tbh, I can think of better places to be than in between loads of people at a shopping centre haha

Temples are amazing! especially the ones down south- they're like breathtaking! I've been to like Mathura, Dwarka, Ayodhya, gujrat ones and stuff but still need to go to other places. Wait I can't remember if I went Ayodhya. Probably didn't y'know, my mind is playing tricks :L

Have you heard of that one mandir which is in the sea and you have to go visit it when the tides go back? I so wanna do that! and then there's also the Shivling in like some mountains near the Himalayas that is formed by ice during the winter or something? I want to go there too! :biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)

Latest