See all you lot are talking about cricket :smile:
Original post by 4mar_ar5en4l
Hi, I'm new to the Indian Society :biggrin:

See all you lot are talking about cricket :smile:

Welcome. :smile: Well we have to talk about cricket, we are Indians :tongue:
Original post by InItToWinItGetIt?
Welcome. :smile: Well we have to talk about cricket, we are Indians :tongue:

lol, lets get started then.

You been watching the West Indies match?
lol, lets get started then.

You been watching the West Indies match?

Not watching it. Following on cricinfo though. Are you watching it?
Not watching it. Following on cricinfo though. Are you watching it?

I was until it went onto the red button on sky sports :frown:

If India bat until about tea tomorrow then I think they'll have a lead of about 175 ish and can then bowl West Indies out in the remaining day and a bit, even if there is a bit of rain :smile:
I was until it went onto the red button on sky sports :frown:

If India bat until about tea tomorrow then I think they'll have a lead of about 175 ish and can then bowl West Indies out in the remaining day and a bit, even if there is a bit of rain :smile:

Why is it a problem if it went onto the red button?

Possibly we could bowl them out in that time, but if there is rain like there has been so far, I don't see a result. Lead of 56 so far with 5 wickets remaining. 16 overs left, so we can add another 40ish I'd say today. That would take the lead to almost 100 by the end of the day. So maybe even we can bat till lunch tomorrow and have a bowl at them.
Why is it a problem if it went onto the red button?

Possibly we could bowl them out in that time, but if there is rain like there has been so far, I don't see a result. Lead of 56 so far with 5 wickets remaining. 16 overs left, so we can add another 40ish I'd say today. That would take the lead to almost 100 by the end of the day. So maybe even we can bat till lunch tomorrow and have a bowl at them.

A day and a half is more than enough to bowl West Indies out (I'd say we could get it done in a day if there weren't any rain delays), so we should expect to win this :smile:
It could be the case that we lose a wicket or two today and get bowled out, never know!

Don't want to go into why it's a problem about the red button on here, but you can probably guess :smile:
A day and a half is more than enough to bowl West Indies out (I'd say we could get it done in a day if there weren't any rain delays), so we should expect to win this :smile:
It could be the case that we lose a wicket or two today and get bowled out, never know!

Don't want to go into why it's a problem about the red button on here, but you can probably guess :smile:

Yep as usual I have jinxed it. Raina out. He played well.

Still we are in a good position barring rain or anything dramatic. Debatable that we can bowl them out in a day or not. Munaf doesn't look like a wicket taking bowler in tests :s-smilie:
Yep as usual I have jinxed it. Raina out. He played well.

Still we are in a good position barring rain or anything dramatic. Debatable that we can bowl them out in a day or not. Munaf doesn't look like a wicket taking bowler in tests :s-smilie:

Yh Munaf isn't looking threatening but we've got Sharma (who's on fire), Kumar and Bhajji (or harbi as the team are calling him now lol). I think that the West Indies batting line up is incredibly weak (more so than the commentators make it out to be). I mean Chanderpaul has gone sh!t, bravo is decent and they're captain isn't exactly great either. I think that if we can shake 'em a bit then they will crumble.

And yes you jinxed it :angry:
Yh Munaf isn't looking threatening but we've got Sharma (who's on fire), Kumar and Bhajji (or harbi as the team are calling him now lol). I think that the West Indies batting line up is incredibly weak (more so than the commentators make it out to be). I mean Chanderpaul has gone sh!t, bravo is decent and they're captain isn't exactly great either. I think that if we can shake 'em a bit then they will crumble.

And yes you jinxed it :angry:

Yeah Ishant is bowling really well (really really hope I have not jinxed him!). LOL are they calling him Harbi now? lmao. Imagine Praveen was a bit faster, he would awesome!!

They do seem to crumble west indies. They need one or two batsmen to go on and bat long and that hasn't happened so far. It's just been one or two batsmen play a decent sized innings and the rest flop. (also hope they don't go on and bat out of their skins :tongue:)
Yeah Ishant is bowling really well (really really hope I have not jinxed him!). LOL are they calling him Harbi now? lmao. Imagine Praveen was a bit faster, he would awesome!!

They do seem to crumble west indies. They need one or two batsmen to go on and bat long and that hasn't happened so far. It's just been one or two batsmen play a decent sized innings and the rest flop. (also hope they don't go on and bat out of their skins :tongue:)

First of all they need to sort out the Chris Gayle issue they have. If I was them I would give him anything in order to get him to play. Clearly he'll bring revenue from more tickets being sold and West Indies will be winning more.

Some commentators were saying that they changed his nickname after his birthday, then on the stump mick (or mike) Dhoni said harbi. It sounds stupid that nickname.

Kumar was clocking at about 75 mph and I was thinking the same thing. Even if it was like 85 mph he would easily be the best, with the amount of swing he can get. But I guess he sacrifice's speed for swing :biggrin:
First of all they need to sort out the Chris Gayle issue they have. If I was them I would give him anything in order to get him to play. Clearly he'll bring revenue from more tickets being sold and West Indies will be winning more.

Some commentators were saying that they changed his nickname after his birthday, then on the stump mick (or mike) Dhoni said harbi. It sounds stupid that nickname.

Kumar was clocking at about 75 mph and I was thinking the same thing. Even if it was like 85 mph he would easily be the best, with the amount of swing he can get. But I guess he sacrifice's speed for swing :biggrin:

Apparently Chris Gayle's attitude (afaik) is the big problem and letting him have his way would send out a wrong message.

It does lol. Not that ''Bhaji'' is good, but still better than Harbi.

Yeah he would be amazing. But yeah he must have sacrificed pace, and I don't think it would be right to try and get him to increase his pace, as it will make him probs loose his swing too.
Apparently Chris Gayle's attitude (afaik) is the big problem and letting him have his way would send out a wrong message.

It does lol. Not that ''Bhaji'' is good, but still better than Harbi.

Yeah he would be amazing. But yeah he must have sacrificed pace, and I don't think it would be right to try and get him to increase his pace, as it will make him probs loose his swing too.

I don't think that Gayle's attitude is as bad as it's made out to be thought. It was documented that after he never got picked for a series he wasn't even told by the board, he only found out from the tv. The only person that contacted him was a physio some time after. I think that he has the right to be a dickhead after the board to that to him :frown:

Anyways, did you watch the England game? Quite close at the end, but really England were gonna win it all the way through!
I don't think that Gayle's attitude is as bad as it's made out to be thought. It was documented that after he never got picked for a series he wasn't even told by the board, he only found out from the tv. The only person that contacted him was a physio some time after. I think that he has the right to be a dickhead after the board to that to him :frown:

Anyways, did you watch the England game? Quite close at the end, but really England were gonna win it all the way through!

It's a two way street though and of course the WICB are idiots for letting it get this far, but Gayle is to be blamed too.

Nah didn't watch it, was out playing cricket and tennis all afternoon.
It's a two way street though and of course the WICB are idiots for letting it get this far, but Gayle is to be blamed too.

Nah didn't watch it, was out playing cricket and tennis all afternoon.

Ah cool :cool:

India look in a stella position after picking up those late wickets :smile:
If they can finish Windies off before lunch, then we should case them down quite easily.
Ah cool :cool:

India look in a stella position after picking up those late wickets :smile:
If they can finish Windies off before lunch, then we should case them down quite easily.

Late wickets have put us in a good position. Brilliant 100 from Kirk Edwards.

Chasing something like 150 odd might be trickier than it sounds though
Yeah need to step up for England series. Bhaji with his experience is key. there's not really anyone else atm. Maybe Mishra but Bhaji is better I think.

Cricinfo is awesome :biggrin: I think I read somewhere it's some sort of superstition he has to cut his hair after a major win or something.

Yeah 2-0 sounds a lot better.

Not too long till Eng series now :biggrin:

Cricinfo's been my saviour, been catching up on cricket today after missing TWO WHOLE DAYS of cricket :tongue: :redface:

If India can finish the WI lower order quickly, with a lead of about 100-120, we've got a pretty decent chance, given we have at least full 2 sessions of play....and our batting lineup doesn't collapse!

Fed up of the WI series tbh....just waiting for England :biggrin:

Oh and fab 100 by Edwards, on debut as well! Shame Kohli couldn't be inspired by him :frown:
(edited 12 years ago)
Anyone knows whether there is English version of 3 Idiots (dubbed)
Original post by (mahi_x)
Not too long till Eng series now :biggrin:

Cricinfo's been my saviour, been catching up on cricket today after missing TWO WHOLE DAYS of cricket :tongue: :redface:

If India can finish the WI lower order quickly, with a lead of about 100-120, we've got a pretty decent chance, given we have at least full 2 sessions of play....and our batting lineup doesn't collapse!

Fed up of the WI series tbh....just waiting for England :biggrin:

Oh and fab 100 by Edwards, on debut as well! Shame Kohli couldn't be inspired by him :frown:

Yeah july 21st, can't wait :biggrin: cricinfo is amazing!

Bold bit is what I'm worried about. Maybe Kohli will do something in the 2nd innings :tongue:

Latest