The Student Room Group

OCR Chemistry A Level

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
gdgd :smile:
you'll be fine...you can practically make stuff up....OCR don't even ask questions that are covered in the book
Original post by Natalie21
Hey,

1) Is it good?
2) What is particuarly hard?
3) Are the exams hard/ difficult/ very different from GCSE?
4) Is there anything I should work on before starting it?

1) OCR A is a good Chemistry course I think, teaches you a good amount of content and its interesting, so nice to learn :smile:

2) I found unit F325 (A2) very hard, the exam this summer was a nightmare! But past papers were easier, so don't let that worry you. And I also found the practical exams hard at AS but ok in A2.

3) I found the first AS exam difficult, since I last did chemistry a year before since I did my GCSE early. But after that, its not too bad. I can't really comment on if they are like GCSE, since I can't remember what my GCSE paper was :tongue:

4) Enjoy your summer! You will get eased into the course, and other people in my class said it wasn't much different to GCSE (AS) just a lot more detail but works on principles you learned.
Reply 23
Original post by viksta1000
you'll be fine...you can practically make stuff up....OCR don't even ask questions that are covered in the book

Isn't that bad?

Original post by Right Guard 3.D
1) OCR A is a good Chemistry course I think, teaches you a good amount of content and its interesting, so nice to learn :smile:

2) I found unit F325 (A2) very hard, the exam this summer was a nightmare! But past papers were easier, so don't let that worry you. And I also found the practical exams hard at AS but ok in A2.

3) I found the first AS exam difficult, since I last did chemistry a year before since I did my GCSE early. But after that, its not too bad. I can't really comment on if they are like GCSE, since I can't remember what my GCSE paper was :tongue:

4) Enjoy your summer! You will get eased into the course, and other people in my class said it wasn't much different to GCSE (AS) just a lot more detail but works on principles you learned.

Thank you :biggrin:
Original post by viksta1000

*Suprise*

'MAGIC TANG'

ARGHHH
Reply 25
Original post by Right Guard 3.D
*Suprise*

'MAGIC TANG'

ARGHHH

huh?
Original post by Natalie21
huh?

A troll by me, I'm sorry :colondollar:
Just a stupid question that wasn't really covered asked in this years F325.
Reply 27
Original post by gammy
It's a good A level :smile: Take it!

A little tip when it comes to the exams though...
For my final module, I was pushed for time and hadn't done much revision for chemistry...I had a week left to my exam. So I just sat down and started doing past papers (having done nowhere enough revision), and slowly started to learn the markscheme. I failed the first 5 papers, and slowly but surely started gaining more marks until I hit atleast 80% in every paper.

So I guess what I'm saying is while it is essential to understand your subject material, to hit the marks you HAVE to learn the mark scheme. It's stupid I know, but that is A level science for you :/

(and also don't leave it so late, I only left it because chemistry isn't an important subject for my university choices)

good luck! :smile:

Thank you very much for your advice :biggrin: I found that the mark schemes were quite useful in GCSEs as well, to see what exactly they want!
Reply 28
bump

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending