The Student Room Group

Chem eng GCSE's !!!

Hi, I am a college student hopefully going on to do a Meng chemical engineering at uni, entry 2012. I want to go to a good uni e.g Birmingham,manchester,sheffeild,notts,leeds,loughborough,newcastle,surrey ??

I was just wondering if my gcse's were good enough as i'm not happy with them as I could have done better !

this is what got : A*AAAAABBCC

the grades were for Bio,chem,maths,physics,history,Ict,english lang, religious studies,eng lit and P.E respectively

Please give me an honest answer and not just try to make me feel good ! thanks :smile:
They are fine, get AAA in (Maths, Chemistry, Biology/Physics) A-levels, it's MUCH more important.
Reply 2
Your GCSEs are good. Do you feel you did well in the maths and sciences? As long as you meet the entry requirements for A-levels, your GCSEs shouldn't be a problem. If you think you could have done better then I understand why you're not happy with them but they're fine for uni.
Reply 3
I Have taken maths chemistry physics and bio at AS level. Got AAC in bio chem and physics in january. Hopefully done well in these recent exams so I plan to drop physics and should be getting AAA-AAB In chem bio and maths at A2. What do unis look for in an application ? I was just freaking out because my teacher told me the first thing they look at are you GCSE's ? thanks btw :P
Reply 4
Original post by luketaylor777
I Have taken maths chemistry physics and bio at AS level. Got AAC in bio chem and physics in january. Hopefully done well in these recent exams so I plan to drop physics and should be getting AAA-AAB In chem bio and maths at A2. What do unis look for in an application ? I was just freaking out because my teacher told me the first thing they look at are you GCSE's ? thanks btw :P

Well I think they take only slight consideration into you GCSE grades to be perferctly honest unless your applying to Oxbridge. They are more likely to gaugue what type of student you are by your personal statement, reference and you recent AS/A Level grades so don't worry too much.
Reply 5
they are fine, however birmingham look at gcse's alot for certain subjects, dunno if they do for chem eng, but they have a good department for it so perhaps put more emphasise on gcse's to widdle down the numbers. just do your best!
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest