The Student Room Group

Irish Soc

Scroll to see replies

Tomásíona - Mháire
or belfast :rolleyes:

No chance! Us belfast people are civilised folk :biggrin: But you just can't expect culchies to understand that :wink:
Can I join please? :wink:
jojo-irish-jojo
Which players??

My faves;

Peter Canavan (not for looks tho just playing wise)
Oision Mocanval spelling??)
Mattie Forde (lives up the road from me)
Owen Mulligan (good boy muillgan!)

Any of them in your mind??

What about hurling?? Who's the best goalkepper?? Ur fave player??

mine are;

Damien Fitz
Adrian Fenlon
Joe Dean
Brain Corcoran
Diarmuid 'The Rock' 'Sully' O'Sullivan

What county are u from Tomasiona Mhaire - to avoid bashing them in a hurling/football debate????

Fav Footballers would have till be;
1. Oisin Mc Conville (one of the best in the country!)
2. Colm Cooper (The way the man played during the All-Ireland was spectacular)
3. Enda Muldoon (Man who lives up the road from me truly decidated!)
4. Tom Brewster (Fermanagh's backbone IMO)
5. Ryan Mc Menamin (Speedy gonzalis of the gaelic football world)
6. Anthony Tohill (A former but was the backbone of Derry at the time!)

Favourite hurlers!

1. Damien Quinn
2. Conor Phelan
3. DJ Carey
4. Setanta O hAilpin (hes another former but still a f***in good hurler!!!)

I'm from Tyrone, (We have no hurlin team) but me mammys from Antrim so theres a bit of the ol saffron blood in me :wink:

PS worst thing is......an awful lot of Tyrone footballers live near me.....its really weird...one lives in the house straight behind mine :eek:
--------------

viciouscircle
No chance! Us belfast people are civilised folk :biggrin: But you just can't expect culchies to understand that :wink:

:eek: now hows about that.....:p: :rolleyes: :p:

--------------

jaydoh

Am sure ye can :biggrin: :biggrin:
jaydoh

Course you can, welcome to the Soc for one heck of a great country in my and many other's opinions just to be correct for the pedantic one :biggrin:
viciouscircle

Have I just bn called a cluiche??? How dare u........ :biggrin: after all its us who contribute to Irelands popularity!!! Dont knock the cluiches!!!! :mad: :biggrin:
jojo-irish-jojo
Have I just bn called a cluiche??? How dare u........ :biggrin: after all its us who contribute to Irelands popularity!!! Dont knock the cluiches!!!! :mad: :biggrin:

am a culchie meself and a know that........i live in the arsehole of nowhere......(when livin with me ma!!!!) :rolleyes:
Tomásíona - Mháire
Fav Footballers would have till be;
1. Oisin Mc Conville (one of the best in the country!)
2. Colm Cooper (The way the man played during the All-Ireland was spectacular)
3. Enda Muldoon (Man who lives up the road from me truly decidated!)
4. Tom Brewster (Fermanagh's backbone IMO)
5. Ryan Mc Menamin (Speedy gonzalis of the gaelic football world)
6. Anthony Tohill (A former but was the backbone of Derry at the time!)

Favourite hurlers!

1. Damien Quinn
2. Conor Phelan
3. DJ Carey
4. Setanta O hAilpin (hes another former but still a f***in good hurler!!!)

I'm from Tyrone, (We have no hurlin team) but me mammys from Antrim so theres a bit of the ol saffron blood in me :wink:

PS worst thing is......an awful lot of Tyrone footballers live near me.....its really weird...one lives in the house straight behind mine :eek:

No wat u mean! So many of the Wexford Senior Hurlers live all around me! And little bit of trivia for ye my cuz went to college in waterford with Setanta O hAilpin! He was always called 'Santy' for short!!!

Ive meat Sean Kely - cudn't understand a feckin' word mind - and all the cork players well not so much as meat them but they were in the same rm as me!!

Sorry not a fan of ur Hurlers! Just personal taste and the fact im from Wexford means i have to hate Kilkenny no matter what - stupid really but a fact!! It's like Ireland V England!!

Love ur fottball list tho! and the corret spelling of Oisin (thanx) and wat the hell made me forget the Gouch in my list (tut tut for me)

Wat u think of Mattie Ford? One Hit Wonder or a football contender??
jojo-irish-jojo

No wat u mean! So many of the Wexford Senior Hurlers live all around me! And little bit of trivia for ye my cuz went to college in waterford with Setanta O hAilpin! He was always called 'Santy' for short!!!

Ive meat Sean Kely - cudn't understand a feckin' word mind - and all the cork players well not so much as meat them but they were in the same rm as me!!

Sorry not a fan of ur Hurlers! Just personal taste and the fact im from Wexford means i have to hate Kilkenny no matter what - stupid really but a fact!! It's like Ireland V England!!

Love ur fottball list tho! and the corret spelling of Oisin (thanx) and wat the hell made me forget the Gouch in my list (tut tut for me)

Wat u think of Mattie Ford? One Hit Wonder or a football contender??

haha!!!! well thats the same with Tyrone and the rest of the country :rolleyes: lol!!!!!! nah ya see i aint much of a fan of Pete Canavan (arsehole is a teach in me school) and Eoin Mulligan is such a serial dater its unreal he loves himself!!!!!! Nah I live beside Tyrones Gavin Devlin, Tommy and Brian Mc Guigan, Fay Devlin, Michael Coleman and Chris Lawn.... its annoyin lol I'm sitting there with me Antrim jersey getting the piss taken :frown:

Mattie Ford am not particularly sure to be totally honest we're just gonna have ta wait and see with that one! - he could do a musgy we thought he was a one hit wonder.....or well at the start we were like get the f*** of the team you fat bastard.....musgys such a tit though :rolleyes: as long as he don't have the personality as him he'll be alright :p:
*reads it all in an Irish accents* :biggrin: :biggrin: So funny.
hugatree
*reads it all in an Irish accents* :biggrin: :biggrin: So funny.

alrite there blade whats the craic? hows it goin? you gettin up till much badness this weather :wink:

--------------

http://www.uploading.com/?get=ZJWEWWJR

everyone click that link and listen to that tune - drunken americans showing their irish pride.......f***in good laugh!!!!!!!!!
Tomásíona - Mháire
alrite there blade whats the craic? hows it goin? you gettin up till much badness this weather :wink:
Oooh the accent.. :love:

*has no idea how to answer that though* :p: But I'm alright. :biggrin:
hugatree
Oooh the accent.. :love:

*has no idea how to answer that though* :p: But I'm alright. :biggrin:

lol!!!!!! :p: - thats my accent typed out.......:rolleyes: it reads awful hi am tellin ya!!!!!
Ur not huge fan of hurling so u might tat no some of these names! Mattie Forde is a feckin egit and so in love with himself! Nigel Higgins (hurling) also in love with himself. Paul Codd has a potato field beside my house again in love withself and Drink!! Adrain Feno is okay. Mitch Jordan (his brother is married to my aunt) is sound out and LOVES soccer! Damiem Fitz lovely fella! Martin Storey - totally PRICK - but he is from Oulart! Larry Murphy is okay!!

I live in a wee place called Rathnure! Which just happens to be the homestend of the Mighty RACKARDS!!!! Nicky, Bobby and Billy. Legends!! Along with the Quigely Brothers - there was at least five of them - Most memerable Dan n Martin!!

Question; Who won the first 4-in-a-row football titles???
Tomásíona - Mháire
lol!!!!!! :p: - thats my accent typed out.......:rolleyes: it reads awful hi am tellin ya!!!!!
Oh no it doesn't. :love:
jojo-irish-jojo
Ur not huge fan of hurling so u might tat no some of these names! Mattie Forde is a feckin egit and so in love with himself! Nigel Higgins (hurling) also in love with himself. Paul Codd has a potato field beside my house again in love withself and Drink!! Adrain Feno is okay. Mitch Jordan (his brother is married to my aunt) is sound out and LOVES soccer! Damiem Fitz lovely fella! Martin Storey - totally PRICK - but he is from Oulart! Larry Murphy is okay!!

I live in a wee place called Rathnure! Which just happens to be the homestend of the Mighty RACKARDS!!!! Nicky, Bobby and Billy. Legends!! Along with the Quigely Brothers - there was at least five of them - Most memerable Dan n Martin!!

Question; Who won the first 4-in-a-row football titles???

lol dont ask me that question :rolleyes: a wouldnt have a notion lol!!!!!!! I watch the football like and know some of the players but a couldnt be bothered knowin anythin more silverware and titles arent me cuppa tea!!!! - but a can say that the Mc Guigans are class boys!!! (even though I'd be quite biased cause both are going out with cousins of mine!!!) and Chris Lawn and Gavin Devlin are class fellas can't fault them but Michael Colemans a knob! and he lives down me street lol!!!! - I live in a place called Ardboe......(Ghosto Ardboe I know :p: ) did you know know dat Musgy quit his club football because he wasn't liked and got the piss took outta him one day by the girls team so he never went back for ages.....thats why he wasn't allowed to play........feckin upstart! he thought he didn't need club footie for a while......my arse he didn't! He's a **** soo is Mickey Harte lol he does my nut in more than Musgy......!!!!!
LOL you both shout when you type. :biggrin: Irish people are loud I bet. And swearing!
hugatree
Oh no it doesn't. :love:

lol but a have a ***** soundin northern accent :frown: boo mee :bawling:

--------------

hugatree
LOL you both shout when you type. :biggrin: Irish people are loud I bet. And swearing!

lol loud and proud darlin that we be!!!!!!!!!
*bes Irish and practises on her bodhran*

Stoopid hard reel.
YES we are load its in our nature we cant help it! and we have a habit of speakin really fast worse than the french!!!! we are great story tellers tho!!! particularly ghost ones in my area!!

i dont really like mickey harte either but my heart did go out to him after winning the all ireland this yr and he was in tears talking bout Cormac M!! Good Player! RIP

No u dont care - but was actually Wexford!! 4-a-row
Or was it a jig... 3 letters... It's a jig. :wink:

--------------

jojo-irish-jojo
YES we are load its in our nature we cant help it! and we have a habit of speakin really fast worse than the french!!!! we are great story tellers tho!!! particularly ghost ones in my area!!
Tell us a ghost story. :cool:

Quick Reply

Latest