The Student Room Group

The TSR Pokémon Society III

Scroll to see replies

God now I'm excited lol
i personally think 6th gen won't be complete without a Z (third version), plus I doubt they'll break with tradition
Indeed, they've just confirmed that the sun and moon are rising. Gen VI lasted just three years like the one before.
Oh yes the hype train has just left the station :woo:
Can't wait to see new Pokemons. Hope that 7th generation has a better look. I didn't like the most of them from the 6th generation.
pretty hyped about the sun moon ting....following a reddit discussion now and got some other threads open GET HYPE!!!
Original post by neal95
pretty hyped about the sun moon ting....following a reddit discussion now and got some other threads open GET HYPE!!!

Have you been there? the discussions in that thread are intensively. Many users are hyped.
Original post by skipp
Hello & Welcome to the Pokemon Society's 3rd thread :h:

Here you can discuss anything to do with the pokemon franchise: the video games, competitive battling, the tcg, collectibles & merchandise, the anime & anything else relating to the pokemon universe.
Please keep conversation on topic & within tsr rules & in accordance with these please do not post links to emulators or illegal download or streaming sites, many thanks

As it's the year of the water dragon this year's thread mascot is kingdra, the image was selected by (very one-sided :mmm:) contest winner R.J. Omega :awesome:

Here's the stats from the last thread:

Stats

They're a little distorted due to the length of time the last thread went on...but let's hope the posting continues in this new thread :cute:

Following on from previous years we're hoping to set up a gym tournament for society members to compete in:

Gym tournament; under construction

Gofre - Dragon type Gym
Latias/Kingdra/Latios/Dragonite/Gyarados/Salamence

Skipp - Grass

Breloom/Virizion/Ferrothorn/Celebi others tbc

We're also running a Battle subway challenge, post your team & longest run to be entered on the leaderboard:

1.RJ Omega -75 Wins (Cloyster/Darmanitan/Hydreigon)

The society has it's own page on the tsr wiki which can be found here; the page can be edited by anyone, so if you want to add useful links or information please do

Off-topic thread can be found here

More to follow - Skipp x

I am nearly 30 and still love Pokemon :biggrin:

God, my childhood....:smile:
Allow me to say, on behalf of anyone who ever liked pokemon; mega evolution was a mistake. Thank you. *bows*
Allow me to say, on behalf of anyone who ever liked pokemon; mega evolution was a mistake. Thank you. *bows*
Original post by Username002.0

I disagree, I personally like the new dimension they've brought to competitive battling :yep:
Or the two dimensions removed from any battle involving legendaries as anyone who isn't a complete idiot has Mega Rayquaza and a Primal. Can't say I like Arceus either. The power creep is getting too strong.
Original post by DJMayes
Or the two dimensions removed from any battle involving legendaries as anyone who isn't a complete idiot has Mega Rayquaza and a Primal. Can't say I like Arceus either. The power creep is getting too strong.

Pokemon has never been a balanced game, either in an anything-goes environment or in Nintendo's formats. I love it, but it is undeniable that it's only balanced when players agree on banlists themselves. Ever since Gen I, where Mewtwo destroyed everything and banning Mewtwo still only meant 12-15 viable Pokémon for "proper" battling, successive generations started by trying to patch up broken stuff by adding more broken stuff, until eventually they just started adding as much broken stuff as they liked around gen 4-5. If you want fair environments and minimal broken stuff, find a forum where you can arrange battles under Smogon formats. If you're going to be annoyed by a generation adding to the power creep, it's pretty much the only environment where that won't annoy you.
I have more issues with Pokemon than requiring a specific Pokemon on your team to win in the format I enjoy the most - the endless grinding required being the main thing. I used to play competitively but burned out.

I wish that I could play Pokemon as a child again. By that I mean being able to just catch a Pokemon I like, train it up and not care about the deeper mechanics of the game. My most recent, resounding memory of Pokemon was spending an inordinate amount of hours breeding a Shiny Growlithe. Kid me would've freaked out and never touched another Pokemon, but older me? I saw that it didn't have one single perfect IV passed down and it is somewhere in a box at around level 20.
Original post by DJMayes
I have more issues with Pokemon than requiring a specific Pokemon on your team to win in the format I enjoy the most - the endless grinding required being the main thing. I used to play competitively but burned out.

I wish that I could play Pokemon as a child again. By that I mean being able to just catch a Pokemon I like, train it up and not care about the deeper mechanics of the game. My most recent, resounding memory of Pokemon was spending an inordinate amount of hours breeding a Shiny Growlithe. Kid me would've freaked out and never touched another Pokemon, but older me? I saw that it didn't have one single perfect IV passed down and it is somewhere in a box at around level 20.

I agree with you on most of that, the focus on grinding hasn't aged well and you can see Nintendo's attempts to speed up the process and reduce the necessity of grinding so that teams are playable earlier, such as EV accelerating items, changes to Pokerus and IV breeding, auto-levelling in online battles, using level 50 as the standard for their tournaments, and filtering by level in the GTS. I was just trying to make the point that in the grand scheme of Nintendo's poorly balanced game, Megas aren't exactly making things that much worse :yep:

These days I generally play through the storyline and postgame content with a Nuzlocke run, then move over to sims like PokemonOnline for battling and use the cartridge games for trying to complete the Pokedex.
My favourite Pokemon is Bruce Jenner.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just got a mixed tier battle with youtuber Pimpnite and he said he'd upload it to his channel. If you follow him be sure to look out for it in the next few days. Was a close battle.
Just bought myself a New 3DS with Alpha Sapphire :jive:
Really? Have you found new pokemons during playing the new edition? the new ones are still not released...
Got to battle the Youtuber Pimpnite with my own theme team suggestion. Such a crazy battle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=refXA7OAgVw

Quick Reply

Latest