The Student Room Group

A-level options

Hey, I was just wondering whether these A-level options sounded ok and were well-rounded:

Maths
Economics
German
Sociology

I don't know what I want to do as a career (not science or law) but don't want to shut doors for uni

I also enjoy RS and french but not as much, but just to help you guys if you thought the top four weren't quite ok or whatever (I do know that I would obviously be better off doing subjects that I enjoy)

I know this is vague but just wondered if anyone had any comments - any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks :smile:
If you could manage it, perhaps English Lit in placement of sociology. I'm a socio student, and I love it, but it's not considered to be particularly strong.
I doubt anybody can offer you really solid advice without knowing what you want to do in life.
They seem ok to me but one thing I would say is to include an essay subject like English Lit or History. Have a language is good but maybe replace Economics for one of the 2 I mentioned. This might give a more well rounded appearance.
well, you said no science or law so I guess that rules out me telling you to pick a science and/or english or history... I mean ideally you would want to pick at least one science.
But yes those are certainly well rounded subjects, it's good you have a language and maths and economics are good, especially the former. Sociology, it's not the BEST A level ever, but if you do well in it then it's fine. I can't give a lot more details unless I know more about you, your plans for the future etc but yes they seem good :smile:
or sociology
Reply 5
thanks guys, if I did sociology it would be the one I would drop after AS :smile:
I don't think I really enjoy english enough to do it and I didn't take history for gcse (kind of wish I had) so can't do it at A-level :frown:
Thanks for your comments though, I know how vague the post was :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest