The Student Room Group

Amy Winehouse deserved to die?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Bardem
Some of the hate/spite being unloaded on this dead girl is frankly grotesque, there are far more worthy candidates for such cynicism and derision than Amy Winehouse. Regardless of one's personal views on her music, I would have hoped that most people would be able to appreciate how sad and untimely her death is- clearly you are totally devoid of such sentiments.

I'm not at all ashamed to say that I am. As I said, she had it coming her way for a long time. Frankly, I'm surprised she lasted this long.
Reply 61
To compare Amy Winehouse to Hitler is just :facepalm:
Original post by aimee1098
I have seen this far too many times on mainly social websites such as facebook & other websites such as youtube. I find it beyond disgraceful. People branding Amy Winehouse as a 'filthy f*cking smack head' fair enough, she took drugs, she drank too much alcohol...but she did this to herself, she was not an evil person, she was not a child molester, a rapist, or a murderer, she was simply a young lady with great talent who sadly wasted her life away, she DID NOT deserve to die. I also find it disgusting how when Ryan Dunn died (which was also a sad loss) he was branded a 'legend' & I did not see one bad comment against him even though he was drinking & driving which caused the crash...which also caused the passenger to die, his foolish actions took anothers life, i'm not saying Ryan Dunn deserved to die but the way he was worshiped was totally wrong. R.I.P Amy Winehouse, such a talented young lady.

I agree. She obviously had issues that caused her to turn to drink and drugs, and some people are in my view, inconsiderate. She was extremely talented, one of the only talented modern female singers in my view, and she will be missed. R.I.P Amy.
Not only was she amazing, pretty. and talented - but she was also Jewish. Tragic loss. RIP X
Reply 64
I met her once, accidentally- i didn't think I'd like her - although I liked her songs and thought she was extremely talented, I didn't like the fact that she did drugs and I didn't expect her to be that nice- I only agreed to meet her because the waitress i was talking to made me. But I can honestly say she was such a lovely person when I met her. She spoke to my family and I perfectly normally and nicely and then went off to play cricket with some kids on the beach who obviously adored her.

I don't think she found drugs glamorous- i think i remember seeing something about her saying how she didn't know she had let herself fall into it. I think fame is probably a very difficult thing which is you can see from the numerous celebs who have problems.

Besides she never hurt anyone except herself and its a horrible thing to say that anyone deserves to die.
(edited 12 years ago)
Her death was her own fault, but I would never say that she deserved to die. I just find it unfortunate that she wasted her talent and her life because the decisions she made.
Reply 66
Original post by ctrl.abandon
Tbh, a song by an artist that goes "they tried to make me go to rehab, i said no, no, no" is laughable enough for me to completely dismiss them. The fact that they turn up dead not long after because of a drug overdose makes me respect them even less. Rest assured, I wasn't the least bit sad to see her go.

I find it funny how you're trying to justify her talent over her life :colone: Are you a musician?

You are immature. Grow up and get a sense of perspective, so many people are taking this view- its not big or cool, just plain juvenile. None of us will ever know what she battled with.

She may not deserve your sympathy, but she at least deserves some compassion on the most basic level. There is a time and place to be cynical, but about someones death? Please.
I think you're missing something here.

Let me make it clear for you: I simply do not care.

grow up, kid.
Reply 68
I think you're missing something here.

Let me make it clear for you: I simply do not care.

I'm not missing anything. What I'm highlighting is the fact that you couldn't give a s***. Its one thing saying that you have no sympathy, fair enough, its easy to see why her destructive lifestyle was the means to her end, but saying that you couldn't care less about her death is sick.
Reply 69
Lmao, wtf is this? Do you guys have some sort of club or something where you arrange what to say beforehand to troll unsuspecting people?

No, its just that more than one person has picked up the notion that you're a douchebag.
Lmao, wtf is this? Do you guys have some sort of club or something where you arrange what to say beforehand to troll unsuspecting people?

stop smoking the high grade bro, its making you paranoid.
Reply 71
Oh and you care about every death, do you? You're so high and moral, aren't you? What do you think caring about her death is going to achieve? I'll tell you shall I? Nothing, she's dead, it's done, get over it. You think you're better than me because you cry over some crack whore?

I'm not "crying over some crack whore", just showing some compassion towards the death of another human being, wtf is wrong with you? Oh, and I do think I'm better than someone who thinks caring about death is nonsensical.
Some people's character comes out on the web, it's either just being unpleasant in a banal sense cos they can, or it's actually that people walk around with jeaolusy and hatred and it's true nature comes out on the web. I can't figure out which. If it's the latter it's more distrubing.
now now, let's not speak ill of the dead....
Original post by oodlesofpoodles
Her death was her own fault, but I would never say that she deserved to die. I just find it unfortunate that she wasted her talent and her life because the decisions she made.

It's easy to blame it on her, yes she chose to take drugs initially I accept that, but these people have temptation shoved in their face all the time, bad influences, theya re young and have money, they are only human, and once you start those drugs just a bit, addiction occurs easily.
You might as well be- the amount of fuss you're making over it. People die all the time. It's no big deal.

You ever heard that song "I get knocked down, but I get up again"? Well... it's not true for dead people. :colone:

You're going out of your way to say it's nothing, that's something different to just not being personally affected by it cos it isn't someone you know.
Reply 76
You might as well be- the amount of fuss you're making over it. People die all the time. It's no big deal.

You ever heard that song "I get knocked down, but I get up again"? Well... it's not true for dead people. :colone:

I'm less making a fuss over her death, but moreso over the fact that you seem unable to comprehend why I choose to to be compassionate about Winehouse's death. Please, expand on your viewpoint.
Original post by Chillaxer
It's easy to blame it on her, yes she chose to take drugs initially I accept that, but these people have temptation shoved in their face all the time, bad influences, theya re young and have money, they are only human, and once you start those drugs just a bit, addiction occurs easily.

I know and I am completely sympathetic to the fact that she made a mistake and it wrecked her life, I was attempting to make a similar point to you tbh but it probably didn't come across the same way.
Original post by aimee1098
I have seen this far too many times on mainly social websites such as facebook & other websites such as youtube. I find it beyond disgraceful. People branding Amy Winehouse as a 'filthy f*cking smack head' fair enough, she took drugs, she drank too much alcohol...but she did this to herself, she was not an evil person, she was not a child molester, a rapist, or a murderer, she was simply a young lady with great talent who sadly wasted her life away, she DID NOT deserve to die. I also find it disgusting how when Ryan Dunn died (which was also a sad loss) he was branded a 'legend' & I did not see one bad comment against him even though he was drinking & driving which caused the crash...which also caused the passenger to die, his foolish actions took anothers life, i'm not saying Ryan Dunn deserved to die but the way he was worshiped was totally wrong. R.I.P Amy Winehouse, such a talented young lady.

Ever thought that most of them where probably trolling?

Or trying to go with the flow of everyone else.

Technically she deserved to die in the fact she did it to herself (if not I don't really know how she died), same with Ryan Dunn, but the passenger of that car accident didn't because it wasn't their fault.

If that makes any sense then good :tongue:
Reply 79
You choose to be compassionate? :eek: Does that mean you could just as easily choose to forget it? Why ever don't you choose the latter?

You are clearly a lost cause. A perfect quote to sum up this argument:

"When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself"

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending