The Student Room Group
The reception
Heriot-Watt University
Visit website

What do people think about Heriot Watt University?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Heriot watt is great for engineering, languages, business and sciences. As far as music goes, i didnt even know if was offered, dont know anyone studying it.
The reception
Heriot-Watt University
Visit website
Reply 41
The bus is really not that big of a deal. I live ( along with a lot of other HW students) in the Dalry-gorgie area. it takes 20 minutes to get the bus in, the only time its annoying is at the beginning of a semester when everoynes still keen the buses are often full. But thats not too big of an issue as they run every 10 minutes. Lectures start at quarter past every hour and buses arrive on the hour 10 past and 15 past (extra ones are laid on as they know how busy it is with students ).

First year i didnt get a bus pass, but second year i found i spent £34 within 2 weeks so definately worth it now ( where it really comes into its own is getting free nightbus home )
My question exactly thinking of applying to the dubai campus
Guys just wanted to know if herriot watt is a good option i mean the dubai campus i heard its good but if i were to get a degree over as opposed to say kings academy would it really make that big of a difference when applying to a job interested in economics so business and finance course
Original post by Student_1011
Guys just wanted to know if herriot watt is a good option i mean the dubai campus i heard its good but if i were to get a degree over as opposed to say kings academy would it really make that big of a difference when applying to a job interested in economics so business and finance course

Hi student 1011,

I hope you don't mind me answering from the University...? It might make a difference as our Economics and Finance courses are very well respected globally and they give you a great base of knowledge and international outlook. We have very established programmes of study that are mainly informed by the most up to date industry practice and research from our academics (We have specific research centres for Economics and Finance that attract brilliant professors!).

If you study in Dubai you can also take advantage of our Go Global project and study 1 semester or more of your degree in Edinburgh which can open up lots of opportunities!

Thanks,

Daniel (School of Social Sciences Admissions Team)

Quick Reply

Latest