The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Me2
5As 5A*s in mock gcses, bad really bad :frown:

How is that bad? Getting F's and U's is bad. 50% of people don't even get 5 C's.
Reply 21
amazingtrade
How is that bad? Getting F's and U's is bad. 50% of people don't even get 5 C's.

yeah i guess, but i'm the type of person who isn't happy unless i get 100%
Reply 22
amazingtrade

and i dont think its good enough for law :frown:
Me2
5As 5A*s in mock gcses, bad really bad :frown:

er since when has that been bad?

i got 1 a*, 4 a, 5 b and i was really chuffed.
Reply 24
They're only mocks, it's not the end of the world. And of course they're good enough. You'll only annoy people if you talk about it like that (trust me, I know) so just work to get them to what you want.
Reply 25
Me2

There are far bigger obstacles in your path than your lack of 17 A*s.
Reply 26
fishpaste
There are far bigger obstacles in your path than your lack of 17 A*s.

ugh, whoever mentioned 17A*s? im only wanting 10 :biggrin:
Reply 27
Why do you say that 5A*'s and 5A's were 'really bad' results?
Reply 28
kildare
Why do you say that 5A*'s and 5A's were 'really bad' results?

because they aren't 10A*s and they arent all at 100% (in fact none of them were :frown: ) therefore they aren't good enough!
Reply 29
Me2
ugh, whoever mentioned 17A*s? im only wanting 10 :biggrin:

Exaggeration :P But quite seriously, you probably will get 10 A*s in the end, and again, if you don't, there are far more serious barriers to a law career to be worrying about.
Reply 30
fishpaste
Exaggeration :P But quite seriously, you probably will get 10 A*s in the end, and again, if you don't, there are far more serious barriers to a law career to be worrying about.

yes thank you, but you're not helping :frown:
Me2
because they aren't 10A*s and they arent all at 100% (in fact none of them were :frown: ) therefore they aren't good enough!

lol

Shirley you must be joking
Reply 32
Harry Potter
lol

Shirley you must be joking

no i'm not :frown:
Reply 33
Me2

Having high expectations isn't a bad thing. But why do you think they are 'bad, real bad' and go on to claim that they aren't good enough for law (when they quite clearly are)?
Reply 34
i wish i had applied to oxford for psychology ! i have applied to leeds, manchester, newcastle, durham , nottingham and UCL n i know they are all good unis but i cant help wish i had tried for oxford! i got AABB at AS and have been predicted AA A/B at A2 n I know i wud need AAA for oxford but it might have been worth a try! Im sure i will b happy wherever i go anyway, we all will if we make the most of it!
Reply 35
firstly gcses have a tendency to mean absolutely bugger all and secondly they were a mock so dont feel so crappy bout them and thirdly i think u should stop seeking sympathy when the average person would dream of having those results!

people really need to get over the whole gcse thing really do?! u can study them in a week n pass! they have no significance...sorry to sound arsey but it annoys when people are like i got 10As n 4A*s n im gutted! get over it!

you will all realise when u've done em!
Me2

sorry to say that but...what the hell is wrong with u?
If u put such pressure on urself, u might well not get the grades u want...u might not even be able to enjoy life
which is indeed the most important thing...
Reply 37
Me2

If you honestly think this - then you need your head screwed on.
Reply 38
Me2

People like you piss me off. There is more to life than a 100% in each and every GCSE. To do law you don't need that, you need other qualities such as the ability to think on your feet and be outgoing rather than shy etc.

There are many people applying to law who have been rejected from top uni's with 15 A*s or whatever, and many who has been accepted with like 1A*, 7 As and 1B. As it is your mocks were very good, you know it and I feel that you are looking for someone to boost your ego a bit.
Reply 39
Me2

Er, yeah i'm really sorry to say this but you really need to get out a little more. I knew someone at school who was always wanting to be the best, and in the end she had no friends ledt because she got on everyone's nerves so much! Surely its better to have a great personality which will be with you for life, than getting all a's at gcse.

Latest

Trending

Trending