The Student Room Group

Failed 2nd year physio degree

I failed the 2nd year of my physio degree

Trigger warning: Mention of someone who died by suicide

Spoiler

and I had a break down - as well as trying to manage undiagnosed ADHD at the time I tried to carry on but couldn't cope.

I should have just taken a pause and restarted when I was better but i was too mentally sick and hindsight is always 2020

Anyway, I'm desperate complete the degree, even if it means starting all over again.

Does anyone have any experience or know anything about applying for the same course you failed 5 years ago?

I think I've got good mitigating circumstances to be allowed to reapply.

Thank you in advance ☺️
@PQ Could you offer some advice re applying for the same course? Thanks.
Original post by Iamyasmin
I failed the 2nd year of my physio degree
Trigger warning: Mention of someone who died by suicide

Spoiler

and I had a break down - as well as trying to manage undiagnosed ADHD at the time I tried to carry on but couldn't cope.
I should have just taken a pause and restarted when I was better but i was too mentally sick and hindsight is always 2020
Anyway, I'm desperate complete the degree, even if it means starting all over again.
Does anyone have any experience or know anything about applying for the same course you failed 5 years ago?
I think I've got good mitigating circumstances to be allowed to reapply.
Thank you in advance ☺️

Hi, ADD and dyslexia guy who never thought he would pass here 😄 failed my final exam that was an msk condition back then, now actually senior in MSK (shock)

Now studying an MSc so it can be done to make the improvements with hard graft.

I 100% would recommend working as a therapy assistant for a year, seeing how you feel, then going the apprenticeship route! Much more manageable and supported from what I have witnessed. Plus you get paid at the same time and have friendly colleagues and supervision to help you prep for things if you ask nicely.

Some trusts are great and supportive, some trusts are not so pick ones you apply to carefully, where you feel you fit in and belong, and be patient with the apprenticeship route. In getting to a trust as an assistant there will already be like 3 assistants going for one spot plus external applicants. So if you don’t get it don’t be disheartened, hold out until the year after then go again. Make sure if you think you have genuine unfair disadvantages because of ADHD - you declare any issues that warrant an offer of reasonable adjustments so you are interviewed fairly.

On a side note if you don’t fancy apprenticeship route: There are also now some unis offering 3 fails at exams and assignments, not 2 like it used to be so kinda bulletproof un-failable now for the people that could get there with some extra push. I would use the librarian to help you with searches. Book study skills sessions to help you with assignments and exam prep. It’s all about dropping your pride, seeking and making best use of all the support. It’s much better now than it was 5 years ago I have seen when doing postgraduate study

Best of luck, I believe in you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending