The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Little Tail Chaser
What's the Metro Centre? (Sorry I'm really dense :tongue:) Have fun anyway! :smile:

Work experience is doing my head in :mad: We got our forms yesterday, and my form tutor told us that unless we organise it ourselves, we're probably going to be sent to a nursery or a shop, regardless of what we choose :rolleyes: The forms have to be in next Tuesday, so I have 5 days left to decide where I want to go, apply, and go there to get all the paperwork signed. That's assuming that the first place I apply to accepts me. :rolleyes:

Big shopping centre in Gateshead.

I'm on a thread invading spree today, sorry! :colone:
Ours isn't until July and it's recommended and encouraged that you get your own placements but if not you can pick one through trident ^.^ In PSHE we started writing the letters a week or two ago but there's not massive hurry or anything as of yet ;D
I've had soo much homework this week
i did 6 pages for a homework for History D:

and Yeah the Metro centre, is a massive shopping centre :biggrin: going with a few friends:biggrin:
We can't do it because of the government cuts. The program we do it through has been axed. :frown:
Original post by SweatyGoldfish

I think we do it through an organisation called Trident? Not sure if it costs the school anything :P
Original post by Pabblethefish
I think we do it through an organisation called Trident? Not sure if it costs the school anything :P

I don't really know much about the details, but thats all the teachers have told us about it :frown:

Its really annoying, I was actually looking forward to it as well :colondollar:
Original post by SweatyGoldfish
Its really annoying, I was actually looking forward to it as well :colondollar:

I know I keep saying this :colondollar: but, there's still nothing stopping you from doing it. Depending on what course you want to study, most unis probably want you to organise some of your own WE on top of what was organised by the school anyway. When it comes to applying to Uni (a long time off but still :tongue: ) most universities probably won't accept "Oh my school didn't organise work experience" as a good enough excuse.

My school is organising WE for us, so I know I'm not really in a position to be saying all this, but I'm still organising my own too. I was lucky enough to be in the position of being given the choice of organising it on my own, or doing it through the school, and I'm organising my own (typing the email up now... or at least I was, until I got distracted :tongue: )

*Gets down from soap box* :tongue:

EDIT: How often can I fit 'organising my own' into one paragraph? :tongue: A lot, apparently :tongue:
(edited 12 years ago)
Oh and just to add, I hope you had a nice day off, EloquentlySpoken :smile:
Right, work experience email sent :s-smilie: Wish me luck!

I'm going to stop spamming this thread with my random ramblings now. I look like a right Billy-No-Mates! :tongue:
Original post by Little Tail Chaser
Right, work experience email sent :s-smilie: Wish me luck!

I'm going to stop spamming this thread with my random ramblings now. I look like a right Billy-No-Mates! :tongue:

Good Luck! :biggrin: Where did you apply to? And thanks for the advice, I'll try and sort something out at some point :smile:
Goodluck with the work experience ;D I got accepted because I went to see them and they said they'd send a letter in the post... :s-smilie: Still haven't got it and not sure what to do next but at least I have a semi solid idea of where I'm going in July ;D
Reply 191
Finally the weekend! Thank God<3
Have any of you done a controlled assessment in English for the first chapter of 'Of Mice and Men', If so how did you conclude it?
I'm so glad it's the weekend! 8D

Raza - I haven't done a controlled assessment on that, yet, no. I'm doing poems at the moment. We've done the first controlled assessment for literature and we'll be doing a language one in a few weeks. I'll try and help you if you want me to, but I don't know much about "Of Mice and Men".

Who's got homework to do over the weekend? I've got about two pieces, but I might do some for in the week as well just to get it over and done with. :L
Original post by Dougieowner
I'm so glad it's the weekend! 8D

Raza - I haven't done a controlled assessment on that, yet, no. I'm doing poems at the moment. We've done the first controlled assessment for literature and we'll be doing a language one in a few weeks. I'll try and help you if you want me to, but I don't know much about "Of Mice and Men".

Who's got homework to do over the weekend? I've got about two pieces, but I might do some for in the week as well just to get it over and done with. :L

I have 4 pieces i think
and one is overdue :colondollar:
I have no idea what homeworks due in other than maths but my main concern is my drama! It's not coursework.. It's like an introduction to drama to make sure everyone can handle the subject. We're supposed to do a monologue of a year 7 and we're being recorded on Wednesday!
Reply 196
English practice exam thing on monday! And I have essays in History and Philosophy for monday and I've only just started my history essay! :mad:
My predictions for everything are really low and I'm really annoyed (as are my subject tutors). The predictions are from a computer based off year 7 work. If they're going to base it off something, base it off something recent such as year 9 work. It's ridiculous, I was predicted a D for French when I got an A* at the end of last year. My Spanish teacher's also really annoyed that I got a D for Spanish when I also got an A* at the end of last year. These computer predicted grades are insane. I'll be glad to get teacher's estimated grades, I think I'll find they're actually more accurate and normal. =P
Reply 198
Original post by Raza098
Are any of you doing the Unit A exam for Maths in November?

Yep -___- 25% of our final english grade i think
Hey, I may have written in this thread before. Not sure...

Anyway, I'm in Year 10 and I've chosen French, Spanish, Greek and History. My first exam is the maths one in November (the 9th, I think). Anyone else doing this?

Latest