The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Ah god, you see the Y11s have already started invading. :biggrin:

Good luck! Honestly, really go for it this year. I enjoyed year 9 more than I did year 10, but I learned unimaginable amounts more in year 10. It's awesome. And as someone before me said, doing well in Y10 does give you a little - not much, mind - to fall back on in Y11.

Ask away if you're doing any of the subjects in my sig. :smile:
Hey, I've just started Year 10. (We went back to school on the 1st, because we broke up really early)

I've chosen French, Spanish, History and Classical Greek.

I'm reasonably nervous but more nervous about the Science subjects than the others. I can already tell how much more work we have this year. We get 18 homeworks a week this year. Not good :frown:
Just came across the thread as I was trawling and procrastinating doing my AS work.
I finished my GCSEs last academic year and I'm starting A-levels, but I wanted to wish you all good luck.

I don't think it's that big a jump from year 9 to year 10, and I expect you'll find being in classes with people who want to be studying the same subject as you to be more fun. There will be less ruckus and chatter and more focused work. Hope you enjoy it.
Reply 23
Anyone Who did Spanish,R.S,History or Food -.-
Pm me? and tell me how they find them lol
Hopefully won't keep them, but if i do its nice too see what they were like :smile:

Love my Spanish and R.S class :smile:
Reply 24
Original post by Pandora.
Oh sorry. You mean a if you wanted to re do a test? Yes, it's pretty much exactly the same but on a different subject (I think). :smile:

Thanks ! Sorry again, but I meant do we re do it as a class, like the whole class does these tests a few time, then there best one get submitted? I've heard this happening, and was thinking it would be better to wait for this one and hope for better, but if were not doing anymore then I better go to the teacher:tongue:
Reply 25
Original post by Tommy97
Thanks ! Sorry again, but I meant do we re do it as a class, like the whole class does these tests a few time, then there best one get submitted? I've heard this happening, and was thinking it would be better to wait for this one and hope for better, but if were not doing anymore then I better go to the teacher:tongue:

Hmm. We can redo it individually, but it depends on your class teacher really :smile:. Just ask when you get back, I'm sure they won't mind. We didn't have the time to do them lots of times.

And no worries, feel free to PM me for advice/to talk anytime! :smile:
Reply 26
Hmm. We can redo it individually, but it depends on your class teacher really :smile:. Just ask when you get back, I'm sure they won't mind. We didn't have the time to do them lots of times.

And no worries, feel free to PM me for advice/to talk anytime! :smile:

Thanks so much, you've really been really helpful, If there was some way I could help you I would! Been worrying a lot about messing it up so badly, now knowing that we might do some more on class of we have time and I can re do myn if ask.

Thanks so much
Reply 27
Original post by Tommy97
Thanks so much, you've really been really helpful, If there was some way I could help you I would! Been worrying a lot about messing it up so badly, now knowing that we might do some more on class of we have time and I can re do myn if ask.

Thanks so much

No worries! :h:. Good luck, I'm sure you'll do brilliantly! :thumbsup:
hi just wonder whether you are going to have free periods just looked at my timetable and i don't but im sure they did last year is this normal
Reply 29
Original post by social outcast
hi just wonder whether you are going to have free periods just looked at my timetable and i don't but im sure they did last year is this normal

Free periods in Year 10? :confused:
Not normal.

Sorry, I'm still here. You'll all have to chase me out back to the Year 11 thread :ninja::biggrin:
Reply 30
Hey fellow Year 10s :biggrin: (which is a bit confusing, as in Northern Ireland we call ourselves Year 11s :s-smilie:.).
I've chosen History, Physics, Additional Maths, Computing, German and Drama.

Most of my subjects are CCEA/Edexcel, are they good boards?
(edited 12 years ago)
Hello everyone :biggrin:

I'm taking French, Geography, ICT and Art :smile:

I'm a fellow future vet (hopefully!)
(edited 12 years ago)
Good luck guys - it's strange to not be joining this thread! :biggrin:
I'm sure you'll all do fine if you put your mind to it. Year 10 was the best year yet for me, and hopefully Year 11 will be even better!

Feel free to PM me if you ever need any advice, or for any reason at all! :smile:

Haha, lol fancy seeing you here! :tongue:
Reply 33
Hey fellow Year 10s ;D
I'm taking Geography, Business Studies, Graphics & Spanish
How have everyones' first couple of days been? :smile: (Assuming you're all back at school now :tongue: )
Reply 35
I started back today. It wasn't too bad, but my timetable for the rest of the week is dreadful, tomorrow morning especially. I have biology with an awful teacher and then double PE. I detest PE with a strong passion so I'm really annoyed about it. We're forced to do double PE in year 10 and it's insane. The people who like the subject will be happy but most people hate it and will be annoyed just like me. I will hate getting up tomorrow (today I could slightly sleep in as it was a half day).
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 36
Just don't get yourself down about it, everyone has to do it some point of their lives. Just be happy that in two years time you are free from P.E :biggrin:.

My timetable has been fine so far, except for awful English presentations and 2 hours of maths with no breaks on a Monday. But besides from that, I'm pretty happy so far :smile:.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Dougieowner
I started back today. It wasn't too bad, but my timetable for the rest of the week is dreadful, tomorrow morning especially. I have biology with an awful teacher and then double PE. I detest PE with a strong passion so I'm really annoyed about it. We're forced to do double PE in year 10 and it's insane. The people who like the subject will be happy but most people hate it and will be annoyed just like me. I will hate getting up tomorrow (today I could slightly sleep in as it was a half day).

That's a shame :frown: We have to do BTEC PE. We only have two periods a week of it though (seperately, not a double period), so it's not too bad :tongue: One of my friends (doing GCSE PE) does PE twice in one day, but not as a double lesson :s-smilie:

I have to carry around five huge folders every Wednesday. They don't all fit in my bag, which is very annoying. I can't understand why we can't just use books, I don't like writing on paper.

I had my first English lesson of this year today :biggrin: I didn't particularly enjoy English last year, but I think I'm going to find it a lot better now :smile: .

I wish the teachers had told us what to buy BEFORE we broke up, though. I'm going to need to go out this weekend to get more dividers and some oil pastels.
Reply 38
History has Been Changed to Geography :smile:

So I'm now doing for my Options

Spanish
R.S
Geography
Food Tech

Good Variety, and good subjects you all think:biggrin:?

Out on the weekend to get a folder for Food :P

And on the Subject of PE
i haven't done it since Year 7 :wink::biggrin:
Spent Year 8 + 9 in the Library
I just do homework there, so i dont have any at home
Original post by Just-Me

Spanish
R.S
Geography
Food Tech

Good Variety, and good subjects you all think:biggrin:?

Sounds good :tongue: I kind of wanted to do food, but I didn't have enough options left (probably a good thing because I'm terrible at cooking anyway! :wink: )

Original post by Just-Me
And on the Subject of PE
i haven't done it since Year 7 :wink::biggrin:

JEALOUS :eek: How did that work then? :confused: Was it optional for you in years 8 and 9? I thought it was a government rule that all schools have to teach it to everyone up to Year 11.

Latest