The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Back to school tomorrow after a 2 week break :smile:

What about everyone else?
Reply 381
Original post by bookworm1997
Back to school tomorrow after a 2 week break :smile:

What about everyone else?

2 weeks?!?!? You lucky ***** I only had one.
Original post by Mr.Nor
2 weeks?!?!? You lucky ***** I only had one.

We always get two in October, but we get a shorter Christmas holiday. I was in Spain for one week with the school anyway :smile:
I go back tomorrow too :frown: After a week of waking up half way through the afternoon :colondollar: , waking up early is going to be a nightmare.
I have school on tuesday
Reply 385
I have maths first thing =( Screw maths it's never gonna help me in life with what I wanna do!
Original post by Mr.Nor
I have maths first thing =( Screw maths it's never gonna help me in life with what I wanna do!

Double Greek first thing, with 2 other people in the class, and an 80 year old teacher. This will definitely NEVER help me!
Reply 387
Original post by bookworm1997
Double Greek first thing, with 2 other people in the class, and an 80 year old teacher. This will definitely NEVER help me!

Sounds like a fun lesson!
Original post by Mr.Nor
Sounds like a fun lesson!

I exaggerate, it's not that bad. The subject is really interesting

It is going to be so awkward when my Spanish partner comes over and has to sit in the lesson...
Reply 389
How was everyones first day back? I'm jusy give a load down of what happened. So first of all there's a new girl in my tutor she's in my English so far.

Maths: Sooooo boring! We're doing something about trying to find the mean in relative frequency polygons(?) I just talked to the person on another table =/

Computer Studies: We were taught by a student teacher, he's nice but a bit geeky. The seating plan got changed I still sit in the same place we did something about flow charts for homework we have to draw one about a vending machine :L

Chemistry: My teacher wasn't in :biggrin:! So we had a supply teacher who just said "do these pages" I sit on the back row and we were all like "no b***h -_-" so me and the person next to me talked about tv programs we watched :L

English: Did some research about a book (Animal farm)

Physics: We did about energy conservation and rollercoasters :biggrin:

So a basic day for me =/
Music - Was amazing :biggrin: my first lesson :3. Loved it!
Science - Got my test results back - A* :wink:
Maths - Got my test results back - B/A
Double History - Did a test, then started Roman Medicine Topic

Tomorrow:
ICT - Ew
Core RE - mess about lesson :P don't get a GCSE in it, no exam. So i just relax and listen to music :P
Food Tech - Theory lesson
Spanish - Controlled Assessment
English - Controlled Assessment
Huh, how have I only just found this thread now? I didn't really think there were that many Year 10s on here.
Double Greek- Recovered aorist (past) tense and covered gender and declensions (A barrel of laughs, I know)
French- Did the 'posh' future tense "Je jouerai" and talked about our controlled assessment
English- Talked about our analysis coursework and read a passage
P.E- Volleyball :|
Chemistry: Advantages and disadvantages of alternative fuels, lectured and write notes
Maths- went through past papers
Physics- Measuring kinetic energy and potential energy and work done.

Fun day... I know. But at least I had drama club afterwards :biggrin:
Reply 393
My day today.....

Music: Supply teacher =/ hes like the most hated one in the school so yea not fun.

P.E: So much fun! We were in the gym and I'm doing a cardio program and I was watching Gok Wan while I was on the bike machine :L and whilst on the treadmill that new Rihanna song came so I was jammin out and nearly fell off :L

History: Had two mini exams on the Mormons first one got full marks :biggrin: and second I got 5/7

Computer Studies: Recoring our podcasts It was soo funny the person im with is a good mate so :biggrin:

Physics: Doing about useful and wasted energy could be better...
ICT: Was okk
CORE RE: was hilarious, ahh such banter
Food Tech: was interesting got full marks on test
Spanish - my controlled assesment is going really well!
English - same as above
Reply 395
Year 10....:smile: So young when I think about it. Im in Year 12....Already...wish I was a Year 10 again man...getting old :frown:

Year 10's...take this advice from a Year 12: These two years will go FAST! Very fast! There is no time to waste. Work hard from now and at GCSE time in 2013 (which seems like ages away but believe me!!) you will achieve good grades like A's and A*s then you can successfully climb the ladder to AS's without having to take a step back...Unis look at GCSE's too.

And for those of you doing BTEC Science or mostly BTEC's...don't make the same mistake I did. Switch to GCSE. BTEC Science is not respected at all and will get you no where. I did BTEC in Year 10 and 11 because of my silly school, and now have to stay in sixth form for 3 years :frown:
Reply 396
Original post by Saif95
Year 10....:smile: So young when I think about it. Im in Year 12....Already...wish I was a Year 10 again man...getting old :frown:

Year 10's...take this advice from a Year 12: These two years will go FAST! Very fast! There is no time to waste. Work hard from now and at GCSE time in 2013 (which seems like ages away but believe me!!) you will achieve good grades like A's and A*s then you can successfully climb the ladder to AS's without having to take a step back...Unis look at GCSE's too.

And for those of you doing BTEC Science or mostly BTEC's...don't make the same mistake I did. Switch to GCSE. BTEC Science is not respected at all and will get you no where. I did BTEC in Year 10 and 11 because of my silly school, and now have to stay in sixth form for 3 years :frown:

Im doing AQA I think....
Got my first English Lag CA back.
9/10, 10/10
I nerded everywhere :sexface:

Finding Y10 quite interesting.

I'm doing German which is quite horrible.
Original post by MacCuishy
Got my first English Lag CA back.
9/10, 10/10
I nerded everywhere :sexface:

Finding Y10 quite interesting.

I'm doing German which is quite horrible.

Awh come on. German is great. I might be biased doing the GCSE early and an extra-curricular thing though :pierre:

I'm enjoying this year a lot. Probably because I've moved from an OK school to a great school with hilarious teachers.

I totally failed at my English speaking assessment last term. 24/40. C grade :facepalm: I didn't prepare and am completely socially awkward...still, I'll manage to get an A-A* through other stuff...
Okay guy's - so what's all your tie styles then?

Latest