The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jack59

I had a offer to go to Russia because I do GCSE Astronomy. The trip is a week's long and you spend most of the time visiting Russian Space guys, seeing where they train, seeing how they plan to go to Mars, things like that. You also go to the Red square and Moscow though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iX-C6vrdrxE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvqb34kn-YM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fr4tOE53K9Y

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tw18WA4wxeg
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by bookworm1997
I went to Spain on the exchange in October
And I'm going to Utah skiing with school in February half term
And then I'm going to France and Belgium for History in June/July.

No normal trips though :frown: but they may plan some

The skiing sounds really fun ,but them i love skiing . Have you been before ?:smile:
Original post by social outcast
The skiing sounds really fun ,but them i love skiing . Have you been before ?:smile:

Yeah, I went last year to the same place. I have never been with my family but it is great skiing with my friends. The place we stayed at was great as well because we were in the middle of loads of restaurants and shops and we were given money and allowed to choose where to go to eat.
Reply 983
Homework time... yay....
Ah, playing Skyrim all day really gets in the way of homework :colonhash:
Reply 985
Original post by MangoFreak
Ah, playing Skyrim all day really gets in the way of homework :colonhash:

I used to play Skyrim.. but then I took an arrow to the knee..
Original post by LucasXD
I used to play Skyrim.. but then I took an arrow to the knee..

I took a Physics book to the face :colonhash:

EDIT: I actually like Physics, so it's OK :biggrin:
Reply 987
Same, Physics is awesome. Biology on the other hand.. >.>
Original post by LucasXD
Same, Physics is awesome. Biology on the other hand.. >.>

Biology is quite interesting, although I have no interest in it past GCSE. Chemistry though...although I think I dislike it thanks to a lack of good teaching, like ever.

There are so many f**cking practicals that we do this year, they're completely pointless. I might be more forgiving if we didn't spend the entire lesson doing them. In the other subjects we've only done about three altogether, that take about 15 mins, we do a Chemistry practical most lessons.
Reply 989
Original post by MangoFreak
Biology is quite interesting, although I have no interest in it past GCSE. Chemistry though...although I think I dislike it thanks to a lack of good teaching, like ever.

There are so many f**cking practicals that we do this year, they're completely pointless. I might be more forgiving if we didn't spend the entire lesson doing them. In the other subjects we've only done about three altogether, that take about 15 mins, we do a Chemistry practical most lessons.

Chemistry prcticals are pretty cool. They make everything easier to understand. :P The problem with biology practicals is that.. there aren't any. :frown:
Original post by LucasXD
Chemistry prcticals are pretty cool. They make everything easier to understand. :P The problem with biology practicals is that.. there aren't any. :frown:

Oh, I see, you like doing practicals... :colonhash::naughty:
Reply 991
Biology > Physics (The Astronomy side anyway..) > Chemistry.

I don't hate any of them, Biology is really interesting I find, although I'm not great at it I'm considering taking it for AS Level. Physics is interesting but I do not like some subjects such as voltage and stuff. Chemistry I like but I struggle at so much, its like Maths in my case - I just ''don't get it''

I like Science, wish I took Triple instead of Business studies.
Reply 992
Original post by Jack59
Biology > Physics (The Astronomy side anyway..) > Chemistry.

I don't hate any of them, Biology is really interesting I find, although I'm not great at it I'm considering taking it for AS Level. Physics is interesting but I do not like some subjects such as voltage and stuff. Chemistry I like but I struggle at so much, its like Maths in my case - I just ''don't get it''

I like Science, wish I took Triple instead of Business studies.

I'm quite different from you for science.
Physics > Chemistry >>> Biology

Physics is my favourite, but probably because it's quite close to Math (which I love), and then I find Chemistry fascinating, and Biology.. I just don't like it.

----------------------

I feel like we should have a roll call and work out who is who so we actually know each other, and don't call each other by our names~ /idea.
Reply 993
Sounds like a plan. :biggrin:
Reply 994
Original post by chloe--
I'm quite different from you for science.
Physics > Chemistry >>> Biology

Physics is my favourite, but probably because it's quite close to Math (which I love), and then I find Chemistry fascinating, and Biology.. I just don't like it.

----------------------

I feel like we should have a roll call and work out who is who so we actually know each other, and don't call each other by our names~ /idea.

For me: Biology> Chemistry> Physics

Biology is definately my best and the most fun chemistry is alright and physics is just.. *shivers*
Anyone got English Language exam resit tomorrow at 9am?I have :mwuaha:
Original post by Dalek1099
Anyone got English Language exam resit tomorrow at 9am?I have :mwuaha:

Yahh I'm doing the EngLan exam tomorrow :s
Mines not a resit or the real thing, I'm doing it as a "mock" for my school-even more pressure
Reply 997
Anyone else getting maths results on the 12th? So nervous.
Reply 998
Doesn't everyone like chemistry practicals?! ;D I'm such a liability. Broke a crucible today. Oops.
Original post by chloe--

Original post by Cynical.
Doesn't everyone like chemistry practicals?! ;D I'm such a liability. Broke a crucible today. Oops.

I don't even know what a crucible is :colonhash: practicals are pointless when demonstrating simple concepts that aren't difficult to grasp :biggrin:

My maths teacher has actually noticed me and has let me go through textbooks learning actual fun/difficult (basically the same thing to me in maths) topics, instead of waiting around for the idiots in my class to get it.

Set 1 really should be reserved for people who actually want to learn. Although there'd be like 3 people in my maths class then... :frown:

Latest