The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1580
Original post by MangoFreak
Um, what does that have to do with that?

before when I didn't go on tsr i didn't know about 'respected' and not very respected subjects i just thought the ocr national gave you a lot of GCSEs for not much effort. same as your friends i'm guessing.
Reply 1581
Gutted i'll only have 9.5 real GCSEs.
Reply 1582
Original post by Mahii

why is it because of btecs and OCR national? i know our school forced everyone to do ocr national IT.
Reply 1583
Original post by non
why is it because of btecs and OCR national? i know our school forced everyone to do ocr national IT.

Yeah that's the exact reason.
Original post by Mahii

I think that's pretty average.
Reply 1585
I think that's pretty average.

I'd rather have a few more to be slightly above average :frown: but my school don't offer it.

11 I think would be perfect!
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Mahii
I'd rather have a few more to be slightly above average :frown: but my school don't offer it.

11 I think would be perfect!

I get the feeling the 15 I'll get excluding vocational qualifications (Work Skills :mad2:) might be a bit much :tongue:
Reply 1587
I get the feeling the 15 I'll get excluding vocational qualifications (Work Skills :mad2:) might be a bit much :tongue:

WOW! abit to much? thats alot! Can't imagine how you manage. :smile:
Are you doing all 15 during school lessons or outside of school & is everyone in your school doing that many?
Original post by Mahii
WOW! abit to much? thats alot! Can't imagine how you manage. :smile:
Are you doing all 15 during school lessons or outside of school & is everyone in your school doing that many?

I think I'm doing one more than most thanks to German, otherwise it's a careful mix of finding enjoyment in certain subjects (Maths, Latin, etc.) and procrastination :biggrin:
I laugh at my friends when they say it is :colonhash:

they're fully equivalent to GCSEs
Hi guys! i'm new.. *facepalm*

i am currently doing 8 (getting 9 qualifications out) gcses :redface: ... which i thought was much? compared to many schools in my borough who only do 6.. i am predicted A* in spanish and As & Bs everwhere else.. though i think i'll get much lower *sadface*
how are you guys coping?
Original post by jennifer.tariah

i am currently doing 8 (getting 9 qualifications out) gcses :redface: ... which i thought was much? compared to many schools in my borough who only do 6.. i am predicted A* in spanish and As & Bs everwhere else.. though i think i'll get much lower *sadface*
how are you guys coping?

I should get 16 GCSE Equivalents by the end of Y11:German,French,Double PE,Double ICT,Double Science,Double Business,RE,English Language,English Literature,Maths,Film Studies and Geography.
Original post by Dalek1099
they're fully equivalent to GCSEs

I should get 16 GCSE Equivalents by the end of Y11:German,French,Double PE,Double ICT,Double Science,Double Business,RE,English Language,English Literature,Maths,Film Studies and Geography.

(edited 12 years ago)

how are you guys coping?

Hi, welcome, that amount is pretty average I think.

What subjects are you doing?
English, Maths, Science, Spanish, IT, History, R.E., Stats(year 11), thats all i think..

Wooow! thats a bundle! your school offers a VERY wide range of subjects. how many were you allow to choose?
Wooow! thats a bundle! your school offers a VERY wide range of subjects. how many were you allow to choose?

I chose German(Y7 Options),Geography,Double Business and 1 extra GCSE in ICT(the other GCSE is compulsory).The rest are compulsory.
WHAT!? you could choose options in year 7?!! You school is definitely not a state school
WHAT!? you could choose options in year 7?!! You school is definitely not a state school

actually it is a state school and you got to choose one subject out of four(Technology, Performing Arts,Art and German),in Y7, for completion in Y9.
Ohh well we didn't have that.. we only got a BTEC in year 9 (i did business and got a distinction*)

Latest