The Student Room Group

Ramadam brawl at American theme park

Scroll to see replies

Reply 220
Original post by tufc
Thank you, I am aware of what the Niqab/Hijab are for. And I understand that they are an important part of your religion. But if you come into a secular country, you have to understand that rides are not designed to accommodate religion. If you want to go on a ride that allows headscarfs, you should go to an Islamic country.

dats being silly now, ur not just gonna go to another country just to enjoy a ride or eid unless its a holiday, everything is a risk, jewellery, caps, chaings, rings etc to h and s. im afraid their can be no compromise in this deen(religion) we worship a greater force than any corrupt law and government especially uk and america. so unless the women are beaten or forced to take if off, they wont do it, this is such a stupid and minor thing as well, if someone dies it is gods will anyway, so who cares let them go on it. we respect the laws of this country and obviously abide by them otherwise we wudn't be living here but their is a line women aren't prepared to cross end of.
Reply 221
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 222
Original post by Adidas90
Or so you believe.

Or so you believe.

donn't believe me ask a muslim woman who is practicing, they wont take it off im tellin ya, its fact mate
Reply 223
Original post by ah.7
dats being silly now, ur not just gonna go to another country just to enjoy a ride or eid unless its a holiday, everything is a risk, jewellery, caps, chaings, rings etc to h and s. im afraid their can be no compromise in this deen(religion) we worship a greater force than any corrupt law and government especially uk and america. so unless the women are beaten or forced to take if off, they wont do it, this is such a stupid and minor thing as well, if someone dies it is gods will anyway, so who cares let them go on it. we respect the laws of this country and obviously abide by them otherwise we wudn't be living here but their is a line women aren't prepared to cross end of.

I didn't actually mean they should go to a different country to go on a rollercoaster - what I meant is that if they are going to come to a secular country, they must accept that they will have to make compromises.

And the fact is, whatever religion you worship, to a completely objective mind (like mine, as I follow no religion), it is no more valid than any other religion. As such, if you decide to emigrate to a secular society, then you must accept that the law of that country takes priority over your religious beliefs.

And, tbh, I don't care what lines you draw. They can keep causing trouble, but they will keep getting arrested, with non-Muslim police men touching them all over their body as they arrest them. Isn't that a more serious problem than taking their Hijabs off?
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by ah.7

Health & Safety is enforced by the law/regulations. :u:

You done goofed big style. :unimpressed:
Reply 225
Original post by AreYouDizzeeBlud_x
Health & Safety is enforced by the law/regulations. :u:

You done goofed big style. :unimpressed:

yeah am dune u must be dizzy blad
Why is it that Muslims are always getting annoyed about this sort of nonsense but you hardly hear a peep from Orthodox Jewish women...?

I don't get why you would move to the USA when you obviously want to live in a Muslim country. It's like complaining about Norwegian weather being too cold. Surely instead of moaning, you would save some money and move to California or something, or just simply stop complaining.
Reply 227
Original post by tufc
Are you insane?

I don't know whether (s)he's trolling or serious. If it was another forum I would assume trolling, but as it's TSR (s)he could be serious.

EDIT: Just seen the person's post history and threads created. GOT to be a troll.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 228
Original post by Facebook
Islam is not a race, but Muslims are.
Exactly

muslims present a very specific mythocondrial RNA on the 5th autosomal chromosome pair, with muslimine alternating with the more common thimine, cytosine, guanine and adenine in producing the special helycoidal quranic codification in thirteen different qirra't and twenty-six riwayat, of unequal value due to different chains of transmission

the most common include hafs and warsh proteins
Reply 229
Original post by giordano
Exactly

muslims present a very specific mythocondrial RNA on the 5th autosomal chromosome pair, with muslimine alternating with the more common thimine, cytosine, guanine and adenine in producing the special helycoidal quranic codification in thirteen different qirra't and twenty-six riwayat, of unequal value due to different chains of transmission

the most common include hafs and warsh proteins

Whoa. Calm down. Several definitions of race don't have anything to do with genes. You're thinking of ethnicity.

Here are several definitions of race:

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/Race

2. A group of people united or classified together on the basis of common history, nationality, or geographic distribution: the German race.
4. Humans considered as a group
Usage Note: The notion of race is nearly as problematic from a scientific point of view as it is from a social one.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/race

race^2
1. a group of persons related by common descent or heredity. (Doesn't have to be gene related)
5. any people united by common history, language, cultural traits, etc.: the Dutch race.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 230
off topic much
This is one time where i can understand the health and safety and think that what was done was right, at least to begin with.
Reply 232
Original post by tufc
They probably would all have been OK riding with headscarfs. But the USA is a secular country, that puts health and safety before religion. That's part of the USA. An Islamic country would probably put religion before health and safety. That's the point - they are in a secular country, so where their religion clashes with the secularism, the secularism comes first.

Wait, I'm sure the USA is a Christian country.
Reply 233
Original post by Besakt
Wait, I'm sure the USA is a Christian country.

It's constitutionally secular.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending