The Student Room Group

English Literature AQA a level coursework - The Picture of Dorian Gray

hello i am currently in year 12 and doing my nea for english lit, i decided on the picture of dorian gray ages ago as my pre 1900 text and am really enjoying it.however i can’t find anything that i like post 1940s ish to compare it to!!! i’ve researched into books like tender is the night, 1984, catcher in the rye and american psycho but none of them i am enjoying or can see good enough comparisons.i am hoping to write about themes such as morality, appearances vs reality, superficially of society and youth and beauty.any help would be much appreciated, i am looking for post 1900 books if possible. thanks so much, a stressed a level student 😁😁
Original post by em2006
hello i am currently in year 12 and doing my nea for english lit, i decided on the picture of dorian gray ages ago as my pre 1900 text and am really enjoying it.however i can’t find anything that i like post 1940s ish to compare it to!!! i’ve researched into books like tender is the night, 1984, catcher in the rye and american psycho but none of them i am enjoying or can see good enough comparisons.i am hoping to write about themes such as morality, appearances vs reality, superficially of society and youth and beauty.any help would be much appreciated, i am looking for post 1900 books if possible. thanks so much, a stressed a level student 😁😁

hi i do edexcel a level english lit so not sure what the exact specifications are for aqa, but i'd suggest maybe a streetcar named desire (works really well with those themes! and a personal fave of mine) or bonjour tristesse (if you're allowed texts in translation - i found the style had similarities to dorian gray)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending