The Student Room Group

Should i get chemistry remarked? (F331)

I got:

F331= 54/90
F332= 141/150 , and im sure i didnt do THAT bad in f331...i think they must have made a mistake in the marking..i remember i wrote alot of answers at the back of the paper because i had run out of space :s-smilie: And the paper was really messy because i panicked alot..

I only need 8ums marks (4raw marks off an F331 paper) for an A overall should i go for a remark of f331?? Any chances that my mark might go up? :/
(edited 12 years ago)
Re-marks can go up or down.

Rare to do THAT badly in 331 and then that well in 332 (which is a lot harder). Might be worth talking it through with your teacher. Ideally you should have submitted a priority request for the script back (deadline for that was august) and could have gone over that with the teacher and got a better idea.
Reply 2
Original post by gingerbreadman85
Re-marks can go up or down.

Rare to do THAT badly in 331 and then that well in 332 (which is a lot harder). Might be worth talking it through with your teacher. Ideally you should have submitted a priority request for the script back (deadline for that was august) and could have gone over that with the teacher and got a better idea.

I dont really mind if it goes down since i got 232 ums so if it goes down a little i would still have a B. And i know right?! Most people did so good, got a's and b's on it f331 but did really badly on f332 but it was the opposite for me :s-smilie: Im going to talk with the examination officer at my school today...hopefully he sends it off for a remark..
Reply 3
nice ums in unit 2 man, I had 137 myself :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Jay_Kay_72

lol thanks man and congratz! i revised my arse off for this unit lol...guess i didnt revise as much on unit 1, some of the questions on f331 were so weird though! how did u do in f331? sent mine off a remark just now lol...i just hope i get 4marks *fingers crossed* lol
:s-smilie: it might be a marking mistake, considering i did about as well in F331 as F332, so i doubt it's the fact that F331 was a significantly evil exam or anything, i suppose you might as well try for a remark?

Although, if you're continuing Chemistry into A2 then maybe you could just aim for a high enough UMS then to get an A overall? :smile:

3 of one of my classes got 150. Based on the UMS breakdown, 141 can't have been more than a few marks off 150.......

Def a bit dodgy that you did SO weakly in 331. At least 332 is worth a LOT more though, if you'd done a smidgin better in 333 you'd have got that A regardless!

We actually had a yr13 total 595/600 for the whole course last year. Given how HARD Salters is, particularly the investigation, that is pretty damn impressive.
Reply 7
Original post by Hanz_a93
lol thanks man and congratz! i revised my arse off for this unit lol...guess i didnt revise as much on unit 1, some of the questions on f331 were so weird though! how did u do in f331? sent mine off a remark just now lol...i just hope i get 4marks *fingers crossed* lol

Well it paid off :smile:, Yeah I think it's strange, fingers crossed for the remark. Although if it doesn't turn out better, your clearly capable and those 4 marks shouldn't be much of a worry in a resit for you :smile:. I didn't sit the most recent f331, I got 77 on the first time so I thought that was decent. Might consider doing it in january :L
Original post by gingerbreadman85
3 of one of my classes got 150. Based on the UMS breakdown, 141 can't have been more than a few marks off 150.......

Def a bit dodgy that you did SO weakly in 331. At least 332 is worth a LOT more though, if you'd done a smidgin better in 333 you'd have got that A regardless!

We actually had a yr13 total 595/600 for the whole course last year. Given how HARD Salters is, particularly the investigation, that is pretty damn impressive.

Kudos to them, I think we had one 141 in my class and that was the highest. I would have loved to get full ums, takes a very intelligent person to do so though :L 595/600 is an amazing score! I know what you mean about salters, the class I'm in had about 33 people in it, it now has 8. With the majority of drop outs having Es etc :/
I know what you mean about salters, the class I'm in had about 33 people in it, it now has 8. With the majority of drop outs having Es etc :/

And no wonder! 33 is big for a GCSE class, let alone A-level. Not to mention the fact that Salters is highly practical based (oxidation of alcohols must have been a nightmare for one!).

Largest group ever here has been 26, and that was too many. Most of the time we try and keep it below 20, optimal i think is 12 or so.

Incredibly well done for the 141 with a class size like that! Your 137 likewise! With smaller numbers you would have undoubtably done better.

If you can pull that out with 33, you will really do well with only 8. I think your teacher must be breathing a sigh of relief they dont have to drag 33 of you through the A2 Project...... 8 is MUCH better and should give you more feedback than you would have received with 4x as many.

The 595 is headed to Oxford to study Chemistry, the 150s are all Oxbridge/Med/Dent applicants.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending