The Student Room Group

medicine with A*ABC

I have achieved A levels A*ABC in history, biology, chemistry and maths respectively (The C looks bad, I know, but I have sent maths for a remark since I'm one mark off a B). Anyways, would any unis likely take me for medicine based on the fact that I am a *contextual applicant*? I have emailed a few and they confirmed that they would accept the AAB but I'm just wondering if this lowers my chances compared to say, AAA, competing for the same position - should I retake my chemistry? I think there's around 8 that say they accept the AAB (brighton and sussex, nottingham, lincoln, manchester to name a few)
Reply 1
(Original post by epoch.ly)I have achieved A levels A*ABC in history, biology, chemistry and maths respectively (The C looks bad, I know, but I have sent maths for a remark since I'm one mark off a B). Anyways, would any unis likely take me for medicine based on the fact that I am a *contextual applicant*? I have emailed a few and they confirmed that they would accept the AAB but I'm just wondering if this lowers my chances compared to say, AAA, competing for the same position - should I retake my chemistry? I think there's around 8 that say they accept the AAB (brighton and sussex, nottingham, lincoln, manchester to name a few)

some unis take A* A, B and i know a few years back someone went to Liverpool, A^ in Biology A in chemistry and B in maths. I think it might depend on the subjects the A and A" are in but don't quote me on this.
Reply 2
Original post by Pramela
(Original post by epoch.ly)I have achieved A levels A*ABC in history, biology, chemistry and maths respectively (The C looks bad, I know, but I have sent maths for a remark since I'm one mark off a B). Anyways, would any unis likely take me for medicine based on the fact that I am a *contextual applicant*? I have emailed a few and they confirmed that they would accept the AAB but I'm just wondering if this lowers my chances compared to say, AAA, competing for the same position - should I retake my chemistry? I think there's around 8 that say they accept the AAB (brighton and sussex, nottingham, lincoln, manchester to name a few)

some unis take A* A, B and i know a few years back someone went to Liverpool, A^ in Biology A in chemistry and B in maths. I think it might depend on the subjects the A and A" are in but don't quote me on this.

oh okay thanks I'll check liverpool out then!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending