Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys first post here, I know TSR must get flooded with these sort of silly questions but I'd really appreciate some feedback

I'm currently making the choice of my universities and well it's not going amazingly well. I'm not sure of anything, what course I'd like to do, what career I want or where want to study. Great start I know. :rolleyes:

I'm starting to sway towards geography, mainly physical geography simply because I enjoy it the most, and absolutely love all aspects of being outdoors. I was hoping to put this with my other subjects of either Maths or ICT to give me a wider "safety net". So lets say the course I will choose is physical geography with mathematics.

where I'm really starting to get stuck is where to study.
    Should I stay at a university like Aberystwyth that although not terrificly prestigious is in a beautiful part of the country and is generally a nice place
    Ooooor should I knuckle down and try to get into a more prestigious university, for example Durham.

I should probably mention that I'm predicted A*AA in Geog, Maths and ICT with welsh bac on top that's considered an A at both uni's mentioned

Sorry if this makes no sense, I'm really tired and stressed :rolleyes:
    Thanks for taking the time to look.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.