The Student Room Group

A*A*A for economics

These are my predicted grades for Maths, Physics and Econ respectively. I am looking to study econ - my choices are UCL, KCL, Bath and Loughborough as my insurance. I am not sure whether I should go for another A*AA such as Exeter or go for an AAA - pls help
What do you mean by going for A*AA or AAA? These grades are fantastic, congratulations!
Reply 2
Original post by iL1L
What do you mean by going for A*AA or AAA? These grades are fantastic, congratulations!

Presume they mean whether they should apply to a university with AAA or AAA as their entry requirements for their fifth option. I'd say it depends on which ones you want to go to the most in all honesty. If there is another uni with AAA entry requirements that'd suit you, or massively appeals, go for that, but don't be afraid to go for another one with A*AA if it really sticks out
Original post by aqop
These are my predicted grades for Maths, Physics and Econ respectively. I am looking to study econ - my choices are UCL, KCL, Bath and Loughborough as my insurance. I am not sure whether I should go for another A*AA such as Exeter or go for an AAA - pls help

Honestly, it just depends on which unis like and your risk tolerance.

If there are no AAA courses (and below) that you like, there's little point in making your 5th choice a uni that asks for AAA or below. Equally, you already have 3x A*AA courses, so in terms of balancing risks, I would say it probably makes sense to go for something a bit below A*AA for you final choice but there's no correct answer.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending