The Student Room Group

Applying to King's College with poor UKCAT score

I am thinking of applying to King's College London for medicine with a score of 655. However, my GCSE grades are really good. Is there still a good chance of me getting in or is this score much below average?

Thanks
Reply 1
655 isn't a horrible score. I don't think Kings ranks by UKCAT so you should have a chance if you academics are solid.
Reply 2
I went to the open day for Kings and asked about UKCAT- my score is 655 and he said he thought it would be fine. I've applied there too so fingers crossed.
Reply 3
lol my ukcat is 610 :frown:
Reply 4
x

What Kings do is: They have a "Sliding scale" between GCSE grades (Equivalent) and UKCAT. So poor GCSEs can be balanced by a really good UKCAT score or vice versa.

For you, 655 in UKCAT is not a bad score at all! The average is 600, like it says on our results sheet. Depending on your GCSEs which you say are really good, I would say you have a good chance of an interview for Kings.

Good Luck!! :biggrin:
What did you get at GCSEs. Either way it's too late now so there's no point worrying.
Reply 6
Original post by NinjaRikki
What Kings do is: They have a "Sliding scale" between GCSE grades (Equivalent) and UKCAT. So poor GCSEs can be balanced by a really good UKCAT score or vice versa.

For you, 655 in UKCAT is not a bad score at all! The average is 600, like it says on our results sheet. Depending on your GCSEs which you say are really good, I would say you have a good chance of an interview for Kings.

Good Luck!! :biggrin:

So a score of 655 and (for me) 8A*'s you think would be acceptable? Getting wound up by everyone getting interviews and having a million A*'s and perfect UKCAT scores :frown:
Reply 7
Original post by LiveOne

Original post by LiveOne
So a score of 655 and (for me) 8A*'s you think would be acceptable? Getting wound up by everyone getting interviews and having a million A*'s and perfect UKCAT scores :frown:

A lot of the people who have got interviews so far don't have the most amazing UKCAT scores. Kings are known to take very very long, don't worry...not yet anyway! :smile:
Reply 8
Thankyou, I guess they don't even have our UKCAT scores until the 4th anyways. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending