The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Rs but thats compulsory. really dont see the point of it. Most people are aware of other religions so i really dont see the point
Reply 181
Graphics, actually failed it, due to various reasons (mainly due to a lack of effort because I hated it that much), should have chose electronics instead.
Reply 182
Original post by ajadams

Original post by ajadams
Graphics, actually failed it, due to various reasons (mainly due to a lack of effort because I hated it that much), should have chose electronics instead.

awwww!
Reply 183
RS is compulsory in my school, as is ICT. I really regret taking Childcare and Art. We were only allowed 3 options in total, previous years you were allowed like 5 but our school reduced it because they said it was too much pressure. Childcare was a double option and it's not even GCSE. I have a horrible teacher, she always finds something to fault with my work and now she's told us the level 1 you don't even need in childcare? You can start straight at level 2 without the level one. I've decided against a career in childcare now though thank god. Art is a nightmare really. I'm not the most talented person in art, just a bit better than average and I struggle to keep up. I only took it because I enjoyed art in ks3 and I'm quite a creative person. Too much work and our teacher gives so little time from our final pieces. The cultures one we had like 4 weeks. 3 weeks of work then 1 week on the work and now we've started the mock preperation so it is sooo much stress.
Reply 184
Music
I don't regret any of them.

In fact, the only thing I regret is that we couldn't pick more than 3 options on top of our 8 compulsory, as I would've loved to do history and/or food tech.
Original post by Geosmi

Duh! Spinning.
To be honest, I regret picking History because I just realised that I'm not truly interested in it,which makes me struggle with studying. Plus, it's my lowest grade so far, which is a C. Other subjects I chose were Graphics and Art, which are quite hard as well, in terms of coursework, but not everything's easy. :smile:
Reply 188
Original post by Deziah
I'm in year eleven, and pretty much everyone I know regrets at least one of their subjects if not all. So, I'm just curious to know if any of you do/did. :smile:

I made the horrible mistake of taking Spanish GCSE, I never paid any attention in class and barely wrote a sentence in Spanish for the whole for first year, I got an E and D in unit 1 and 2 in yr10.

In year 11 I finally came to the realisation that it would be a useful qualification and I'll regret doing badly in Spanish in the future so I put in the effort and got mostly As in the Speaking tests, and As in the writing assignments. I also retook the yr10 modules.

Overall I went from a predicted D grade to A :biggrin:
I regret history. Should have done triple science...
Reply 190
Should have taken RS full course instead of short course but school never offered it.
Out of the subjects I "chose" I took:

History (A)
French (A*)
Music (a year early - A*)
Geography (A)
Single ICT (as opposed to double, urgh - A)

History, Geography and ICT were my only As in all my subjects, which of course is not bad, but I wish I had taken Spanish instead of Geography.

This is because I became very interested in French very quickly (I do A level - see sig) and also Latin (for "fun") and I think if I had taken Spanish I would have done a) better and b) enjoyed it far more because I HATED Geography. Lots.

But now I'm doing A levels and really, apart from restricting which ASs one takes, they really matter very, very little, even in applying for university. So it's no big thing.
I wish I didn't have to do English, RE or Home Economics, but I didn't really have a choice about them. English and RE were compulsory, and I was rubbish at the other subjects in the same block as HE (PE, Music and Art) so it was process of elimination really. :frown:
I was happy with the subjects I got to chose myself (IT, History, Irish instead of French, and Single Science instead of Double), and I don't really regret doing Maths or English Literature either.
Reply 193
I regret taking history, should've taken French!
I wish I'd taken History instead of RS.

I didn't really know what to take at the time, and I liked my RS teacher...yeah, probably one of the worst reasons to pick a subject. :P

I also took Health and Social, which is a pretty pointless subject too, however I got a Young Apprenticeship from there and have gained quite a bit of work experience, so I don't really mind too much.

I also took triple science, which I'm really enjoying right now. :smile:
Reply 195
Law, simply because I'm not good at it :frown:
Media - so much effort for such a under-respected subjected!

French - I just wasnt good at anything but talking it!
Reply 197
I wish I had done food tech instead of art, I probably could have got an A instead of C :frown:
Reply 198
i regret doing geography and i regret it at a level too now, i wish i had done art instead of doing sotmhing my parents wanted me to do
Not really, I liked my GCSE subjects :smile: I did Media Studies, Drama and History.
Though I'd of taken Geography as an extra if I could. Guess I regret not doing that! And Health and Social Care would have probably come in handy with my career choice. We had to do languages already so that wasn't a big deal.
On the whole, I really enjoyed the subjects I did and the way I see it, I'm in a good place now and it's not as if I can go back and change them!

Latest