The Student Room Group

A-level options

I'm planning on taking psychology, history and Spanish.

I'm good at Spanish and I just love the subject, psychology is a huge interest of mine, and so is history but I regret not taking the GCSE and it really interests me immensely as well.

Is this a good combination of subjects?
Reply 1
it’s worth checking if you can do History a level without the GCSE, bc i know my school has a minimum 6 at GCSE, preferred 7 at GCSE to be able to do the a level course
Original post by meoow

I'm good at Spanish and I just love the subject, psychology is a huge interest of mine, and so is history but I regret not taking the GCSE and it really interests me immensely as well.

Hi @meoow,

I have a huge interest in Psychology as well! I'm a second year psychology student at Birmingham City University.

Do you have any ideas of what career pathway you would like to do in the future post A-Levels? Most universities would require a general correlation between the subjects for you to enrol into the course. If those three subjects you wish to take are suitable for what you wish to do in university, then go ahead!

I hope this helps,
Danish
BCU Student Rep
Original post by meoow

It's good that you have chosen subjects that you love and interest you. It gives you a greater chance of getting high grades, which is what will count when applying to uni. If you know what you might want to study at uni, then check the Entry Requirements section on the course page of uni websites for any 'required' subjects. Otherwise, your choices are fine. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest