The Student Room Group

Computer science at uni

Hi, I'm currently finishing my GCSEs and needing to pick my A-levels. I have chosen Math, Further math, Physics and Spanish. But have a feeling that i might not be able to do Spanish A-level so im not sure what to pick as a fourth that would be useful for computer science at uni. Any suggestions?
Reply 1
Original post by Chrono147
Hi, I'm currently finishing my GCSEs and needing to pick my A-levels. I have chosen Math, Further math, Physics and Spanish. But have a feeling that i might not be able to do Spanish A-level so im not sure what to pick as a fourth that would be useful for computer science at uni. Any suggestions?

Those seem like full on options already? Do you have to pick a fourth? If you do, perhaps think about another science to complement your options?
Reply 2
Original post by subbhy
Those seem like full on options already? Do you have to pick a fourth? If you do, perhaps think about another science to complement your options?

thanks, im choosing to do a fourth because it would look better towards unis. I have thought about taking a science but ik i would not be able to cope with all four of those as they are all difficult.
thanks, im choosing to do a fourth because it would look better towards unis.

No it won't look better. Unis require three A levels and you don't get bonus points for taking four. If you take four, unis will usually consider just the results of your best three. Check the entry requirements for some CS courses on uni websites. If maths, FM and physics are fine, stick with those three.
Reply 4
I’m taking the exact same subjects and also applied for Computer Science. I got four offers and I don’t regret choosing them. Except for Physics because it’s hard but considering many uni offers are only 3 grades it hasn’t been horrible.
Reply 5

Heya!
Why not start with 4 and see how you do :h: You can drop Spanish later if it gets too much. If it helps, Study Mind has free resources that can help you out!

I hope this helps!
Milena
UCL PFE
Study Mind

Quick Reply

Latest