The Student Room Group
Frenchay Campus, Bristol University of the West of England
University of the West of England, Bristol
Bristol
Visit website

UWE Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

206 Quantock Court, architecture and environmental engineering..can't find any of my house mates on here as of yet, I'm wondering if it's actually a room arghh! Haha
Frenchay Campus, Bristol University of the West of England
University of the West of England, Bristol
Bristol
Visit website
Reply 1181
Finally!!! Haha you found anyone else ??
Original post by RossB-rfc
I'm looking to join a 5 a side or something like that! I quit 3 years ago but play 5 a side now and again. Hope there are 5 a side league's!!

I'd play 5 a side in a league, I play every week!
Reply 1183
Anyone in Quantock 213?!
Original post by DannyR2811
I'd play 5 a side in a league, I play every week!

Sweet, sounds like we may have a team forming! What position you play mate?
Sweet, sounds like we may have a team forming! What position you play mate?

Defence/Midfield depending, but the way our 5 a side is everywhere! as people can't play indoors well
Defence/Midfield depending, but the way our 5 a side is everywhere! as people can't play indoors well

Yeah my team is quite organised here! I play in goal for my team but been a defender all the time I've played. What court you in?
Yeah my team is quite organised here! I play in goal for my team but been a defender all the time I've played. What court you in?

In Cotswold, Yeah I try and organise them but it never works, its not competitive we play, just a group we have playing, recovering from a fractured foot so should be back to a decent fitness come september
Reply 1188
Don't think there will be but.... Is there anyone that trains Brazilian Jiu Jitsu or MMA, Muay Thai
Reply 1189
Don't think there will be but.... Is there anyone that currently trains Brazilian Jiu Jitsu or MMA, Muay Thai or is wanting to start ??
The societies list has been updated!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
What team do you support? I'm a Reading fan :smile: what position do you play too?

Chelsea fan [for some time so don't judge :wink: ]

As for position I really like the idea of playing in goal, but I've never really had any experience in that position :frown:

Hence why I don't want to rock up for training for the team and be really bad

Need some practice to see if I can do it :P

How about you?
Reply 1192
I'll be going for the football team :smile:. Coming straight out of my county's academy from school :smile:. Not a typical British player as I'm only 5 foot 8 and weigh 59kg :P. I play as a number 10 trequartista and I am a massive Spain and Chelsea fan (reason for Spain is I hate and despise British football culture).
Anyone know if there is a golf society as I want to keep it up

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by MrIronDream
Chelsea fan [for some time so don't judge :wink: ]

As for position I really like the idea of playing in goal, but I've never really had any experience in that position :frown:

Hence why I don't want to rock up for training for the team and be really bad

Need some practice to see if I can do it :P

How about you?

I don't judge mate, got loads of Chelsea mates! Besides someone has to support them :wink:

I actually play in goal for my team but I have played on pitch for 5 and 11 a side so I really don't mind!

I'm sure there will be a mish mash of play styles and abilities! It's all about a bit of fun at the end of the day but winning is fun :smile:

Where you from?
Original post by CJMata
I'll be going for the football team :smile:. Coming straight out of my county's academy from school :smile:. Not a typical British player as I'm only 5 foot 8 and weigh 59kg :P. I play as a number 10 trequartista and I am a massive Spain and Chelsea fan (reason for Spain is I hate and despise British football culture).

Sweet mate! I doubt i'll go for the main team, involves too much commitment for me and I gave up 11 a side for a reason ha! Got too stressful and now i'm so unfit i'd really struggle :/

I don't blame you for hating English football as we suck and our play style is terrible compared to the rest of Europe!

Where you coming from mate?
In Cotswold, Yeah I try and organise them but it never works, its not competitive we play, just a group we have playing, recovering from a fractured foot so should be back to a decent fitness come september

Our is competitive to a certain level but it's mainly a chilled league. I play in goal if i can as my fitness is literally 0 ha!

Where you coming to Bristol from?
Reply 1197
Flat 614 Cotswold Court. I've seen someone post here for that room but my computer's being sucky! Studying business management. :smile:
Our is competitive to a certain level but it's mainly a chilled league. I play in goal if i can as my fitness is literally 0 ha!

Where you coming to Bristol from?

Coming down from Wirral (Near Liverpool)

I was down in Bristol last night as I was helping a friend move into a house, and we went the pub and they couldn't understand my accent, which is a worry for September!

I actually play in goal for my team but I have played on pitch for 5 and 11 a side so I really don't mind!

I'm sure there will be a mish mash of play styles and abilities! It's all about a bit of fun at the end of the day but winning is fun :smile:

Where you from?

Haha, well i'd hate to replace someone who's actually played in goal before - but we could always play on opposite sides :wink:

And i'm from Hamshire :P
Yourself?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending