The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
*boo*

Anyone else planning 2 study Economics at Manc in September?

yeh...if nottingham get back to me with a negative (which it looks like they will at this rate...i always figure the longer they take the less likely they are to accept me???stupid or not??) then manc will be where im heading to do eco....ive got a couple of mates there and they both say its wicked although nottingham completely has my heart!!!
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 21
dforster
yeh...if nottingham get back to me with a negative (which it looks like they will at this rate...i always figure the longer they take the less likely they are to accept me???stupid or not??) then manc will be where im heading to do eco....ive got a couple of mates there and they both say its wicked although nottingham completely has my heart!!!

Good luck with your Notts application. Maybe they've received lots of applications this year for Econ which could be why they're taking so long.
Manchester took ages to reply to me but they still offered me a place. I'm only going to use it as insurance though. The course seems good though because there are lots of course options to choose from and lots of people say it's a great uni.
Reply 22
*boo*
Good luck with your Notts application. Maybe they've received lots of applications this year for Econ which could be why they're taking so long.
Manchester took ages to reply to me but they still offered me a place. I'm only going to use it as insurance though. The course seems good though because there are lots of course options to choose from and lots of people say it's a great uni.

its strange cuz manc got back to me within like 13 days...my head was just exploding but then the rest of the people have been more then a little slow/less enthusiastic.
Reply 23
Dazbradbury
Oh right, I didn't think UMIST did comp sci. And from what I hear the 2 departments wont be merging when UMIST and the university of merge... I assumed that was down to the fact that UMIST didn't have a comp sci course... :s-smilie:

Neway, i will ring them as soon as possible. Thanks for the help though.

To be honest, I'm not sure if they're merging Comp Sci courses or not.. though I don't mind as UMIST rocks for employment.
Reply 24
I think they told us the Department of Computation at UMIST will become the School of Informatics... Whereas the Deparment of Computer Science at Manchester will become the School/Faculty of Computer Science? I'm not sure. They told us it wouldn't affect us.
Manchester maths dept definately don't mind you changing your course as i asked one of the proffesors over the phone. He said to me they want students to be happy thats why they allow changing.
Reply 26
*boo*
Anyone else planning 2 study Economics at Manc in September?

Yeah, I've recently accepted Manchester as my firm for Economics. Are you doing the BA Econ or the BSc Economic Studies?

scandalous
Yeah im planning to put manchester as my firm choice for economics too....

scandalous - are you doing the BA or BSc?

If anyone else is doing Econ in Manchester then which of the two are you doing?
Reply 27
Econ
Yeah, I've recently accepted Manchester as my firm for Economics. Are you doing the BA Econ or the BSc Economic Studies?

I got an offer for BA Econ but decided not to accept it.
Reply 28
*boo*
I got an offer for BA Econ but decided not to accept it.

Where are you off too now? - any particular reason you decided against economics at Manchester?
Reply 29
Still haven't sent off my accomodation.I'm kinda torn between Richmond,Pankhurst,Woolton and Canterbury Court.
Reply 30
Loki
Still haven't sent off my accomodation.I'm kinda torn between Richmond,Pankhurst,Woolton and Canterbury Court.
I can only speak for Richmond but it rocks!
Reply 31
Econ
Where are you off too now? - any particular reason you decided against economics at Manchester?

Nothing against Manchester but I decided I'd like to go to London instead because I know more people there and I'm more familar with the places. I put down Firm: SOAS Insurance: UCL

Latest

Trending

Trending