The Student Room Group

Border Force Apprenticeships September 2022 campaign

This thread is for anyone who has applied for Border Force Apprenticeship roles September 2022.
(edited 1 year ago)

Scroll to see replies

I’ve just completed my video interview today. Rushed it as I always do with pre recorded interviews.
Original post by Runner1708
I’ve just completed my video interview today. Rushed it as I always do with pre recorded interviews.

Did you do the video sift on the April campaign? If so would you say it was just like that or different?
Original post by Lizzy2301
Did you do the video sift on the April campaign? If so would you say it was just like that or different?

Hi Lizzy

Sorry I didn’t do that one
Reply 4
I have a video interview coming up, could you please share what kind of questions there were? I’ve seen people mentioning they are not what you would expect? Were there any question relating directly to the role?

Thank you

Original post by Runner1708
Original post by kf.24
I have a video interview coming up, could you please share what kind of questions there were? I’ve seen people mentioning they are not what you would expect? Were there any question relating directly to the role?

Thank you

They are all strength questions that you can’t really prepare for. Just be honest and be yourself. Think about the qualities they are looking for to carry out the role. Good luck 🤞🏻
Reply 6
Hey all, I applied for the role a few weeks ago after realising the apprenticeship was probably more accessible to me. I completed the video recorded interview last week and haven’t heard anything other than an automated response to say the interview had been completed and uploaded.

I just wondered how long it has taken others on the apprenticeship to hear back after the video interview?

Also, has anyone else applied for the North?

Reply 7
Original post by kf.24

Thank you

Obviously we can’t post specific questions here, however I’d say the best approach would be to be honest and open. Relax into the interview and just be yourself. There was an example question at the start that gives you the chance to understand the tone of the interview etc.

The first 2 questions were random ones that are clearly designed to assess your tone and communication style so just try to be as comfortable and clear as possible!

Hope this helps :smile:
Original post by Lizzy2301

Yes it’s same as the prerecorded interview. The questions will be asked u have to press record and answer
Reply 9
Good morning all,
REALLY basic question but did you put references down on CV and is it an actual CV I need to compile or does the application lead you through it online?
First time applying for a new job in 20 years and so don’t want to mess it up!!
Original post by C72B
Good morning all,
REALLY basic question but did you put references down on CV and is it an actual CV I need to compile or does the application lead you through it online?
First time applying for a new job in 20 years and so don’t want to mess it up!!

Prepare a cv in a way tat should match the essential criteria Requirements. Do not use any personal details and do not give any references. I explain in detail how ur experience match the essential criteria and wat r u best at.
Reply 11
@GGovindaraju that’s a big help, thank you!
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 12
I’m a bit late to the party but fingers crossed!
Original post by C72B
I’m a bit late to the party but fingers crossed!

All the best!!
Reply 14
For those of you that have completed the video interview, have you heard back yet?
Original post by MissNV
For those of you that have completed the video interview, have you heard back yet?

Not yet, probably we will hear by the end of December
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by MissNV

No nothing
Reply 17
Original post by GGovindaraju
Not yet, probably we will hear by the end of December

The closing date for this round of applications is 26/10/2022 so I’m hoping it won’t be long!
Reply 18
Hi. Anyone applied for Tilbury? I am also waiting for the results after video interview. Good luck to all of us.
Anyone heard from video interview yet?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending