The Student Room Group

Philosophy offers 2012

This is a thread for stating Philosophy offers/rejections that have been recieved, so applicants can have an idea which departments are sending out decisions. Also try to include when UCAS processed the application and the date the decision as recieved. Thanks!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I received my first offer a few days ago from Exeter (AAA). I sent in my application on October 12th, so it looks like it took the university just under two weeks to process.

Good luck to everyone else!
Reply 2
I recieved my offer yesterday from UEA (AAB). Sent the application in on the 20th , so it was a very quick turn around of just 4 working days
Good luck :smile: :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by wisey9
I recieved my offer yesterday from UEA (AAB). Sent the application in on the 20th , so it was a very quick turn around of just 4 working days
Good luck :smile: :smile:

Well done, you! Where else are you applying?
Reply 4
Original post by Vestada
Well done, you! Where else are you applying?

thanks :smile: .. and Glasgow , Sheffield , Kent and Essex , what about yourself ? :smile:
Reply 5
I'm going for Cambridge, Durham, St Andrews, Exeter and Nottingham.

Hmm, none the same as yours. Usually there's at least a bit of crossover.
Reply 6
I have no offers yet, but I am applying for philosophy at some of the unis others have stated. I sent my application in on the 12th of Oct... :[
Reply 7
got an offer from sheffield for AAB :smile: sent on October 14th!
Reply 8
Original post by loulou15
got an offer from sheffield for AAB :smile: sent on October 14th!

When did you get the offer? I sent mine on the 20th and applied to Sheffield :s-smilie:
Reply 9
Got my offer last night - dont worry though remember i sent mine in 6 days before you.. so they may not have got to yours yet...
Reply 10
Original post by Vestada
I'm going for Cambridge, Durham, St Andrews, Exeter and Nottingham.

Hmm, none the same as yours. Usually there's at least a bit of crossover.

I'm going for Cambridge and Nottingham too! :smile:
Also Warwick, King's and UCL

Haven't heard anything yet and I'm getting a bit nervous :/
Reply 11
Original post by loulou15
Got my offer last night - dont worry though remember i sent mine in 6 days before you.. so they may not have got to yours yet...

Yeah, good point, sorry, I'm just logging onto track obsessively. I desperately want my first offer :tongue:
sent my ucas off on the 12th and havent heard from any yet regarding offers/rejections. i know it could take months for them to come in but 2 people in this thread sent theirs off later than mine and have received replies from unis that i applied to (sheffield and uea). uea needs my tutor to send in predicted grades though which cant be sent until the end of november which is a little annoying :frown:
Reply 13
Original post by Mirifiss
I'm going for Cambridge and Nottingham too! :smile:
Also Warwick, King's and UCL

Haven't heard anything yet and I'm getting a bit nervous :/

Best of luck. Nottingham is my fifth choice, but it was still a lovely place and I would be happy to go there. I also looked around Warwick and King's but didn't apply to either. I had a sort of love/hate thing going on with King's. I wasn't sure if I really liked or really hated the idea of being in London.

Which Cambridge college are you going for? I've applied to Jesus.
Reply 14
Original post by Danz123
I have no offers yet, but I am applying for philosophy at some of the unis others have stated. I sent my application in on the 12th of Oct... :[

I would not worry about it :smile: .. hopefully you will have an offer within a week or so :') .. i am sure it will happen :smile: , where have you applied to ? :smile:
Reply 15
Original post by fexysucker
sent my ucas off on the 12th and havent heard from any yet regarding offers/rejections. i know it could take months for them to come in but 2 people in this thread sent theirs off later than mine and have received replies from unis that i applied to (sheffield and uea). uea needs my tutor to send in predicted grades though which cant be sent until the end of november which is a little annoying :frown:

I would not worry about it :smile: .. they will just be getting round to you within a week or so , atleast one hopefully :smile: .. and regarding UEA .. I have heard of offers being given out last week and this week already , so its an active department at the moment it seems :smile: You should hear from them fairly quickly :smile:
Reply 16
Original post by wisey9
I would not worry about it :smile: .. hopefully you will have an offer within a week or so :') .. i am sure it will happen :smile: , where have you applied to ? :smile:

Thanks :] I have applied to Cambridge, Durham, UCL, Nottingham and Reading. Where have you applied?
Reply 17
Original post by Danz123
Thanks :] I have applied to Cambridge, Durham, UCL, Nottingham and Reading. Where have you applied?

nice! :biggrin: .. at present .. how many offers do you reckon you will get ? :smile: , and whats your frist and second choices ? :smile: .. and UEA , Sheffield , Glasgow , Kent , Essex :smile:
Reply 18
Original post by wisey9
nice! :biggrin: .. at present .. how many offers do you reckon you will get ? :smile: , and whats your frist and second choices ? :smile: .. and UEA , Sheffield , Glasgow , Kent , Essex :smile:

Thanks xD and I haven't a clue, I think two, or three if I'm lucky. My first choice is Cambridge, and second is either Durham or UCL, maybe Durham.

Those are very good as well. What are your first and second choices, and how many offers do you think you will get then?
Reply 19
Original post by Danz123
Thanks xD and I haven't a clue, I think two, or three if I'm lucky. My first choice is Cambridge, and second is either Durham or UCL, maybe Durham.

Those are very good as well. What are your first and second choices, and how many offers do you think you will get then?

yerh I reckon 3 really .. which is great to be honest ! can't argue really :'). Rightt .. well that is great :smile: .. have you visited them all ? Cos I know when i went to see Durham , the size of the department put me off :/

And you mean apart from the bottom 2 ? :tongue: .. and I have 2 as it is :smile: , so , Sheffield would be great for me , il probably get 4 , but applying to a lower boundary course is cheating you could say :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest