The Student Room Group

University Options for Math/Statistics and Philosophy Joint Degree

Hi! I'm an international student planning to apply to the following universities:
- St. Andrews: Statistics and Philosophy
- Leeds: Mathematics and Philosophy
- Bristol: Mathematics and Philosophy
- Manchester: Data Analytics and Philosophy
- Looking for a fifth option!

I am taking IB Math AI HL (due to focus on statistics), but that greatly limits my options as some universities require Math AA HL.

I'm an international student, so I'm only applying to UK top universities to make the tuition money worth it (my safety is UNSW).

My school won't release our predicted grades, but I would estimate mine to be 40 with 776 at HL.

Can anyone recommend universities (around the level of other universities I'm applying to) that I'd have a realistic shot at for this degree or a similar one? Thank you?
Original post by amogsussy
Hi! I'm an international student planning to apply to the following universities:

I am taking IB Math AI HL (due to focus on statistics), but that greatly limits my options as some universities require Math AA HL.

I'm an international student, so I'm only applying to UK top universities to make the tuition money worth it (my safety is UNSW).

My school won't release our predicted grades, but I would estimate mine to be 40 with 776 at HL.

Can anyone recommend universities (around the level of other universities I'm applying to) that I'd have a realistic shot at for this degree or a similar one? Thank you?

Will your school put your predicted grades in your UCAS application? If not, that could harm your chances.

Try Exeter they offer a flexible combined honours program where you combine most things.
Reply 3
Original post by ageshallnot
Will your school put your predicted grades in your UCAS application? If not, that could harm your chances.

The school has access to my UCAS account, so they'll put in my predicted grades. For some reason, they just won't let us see them😔 Thanks for the info though!
Reply 4
Original post by swanseajack1
Try Exeter they offer a flexible combined honours program where you combine most things.

I've heard of that and really liked the idea, but I was hesitant to apply because Exeter isn't in the QS Top 100. Then again, I've heard about how unreliable league tables are, so is that something I should take into account at all?😅
The school has access to my UCAS account, so they'll put in my predicted grades. For some reason, they just won't let us see them😔 Thanks for the info though!

That's significantly useless on their part because it handicaps you in making informed choices.
Hi! I think Warwick Mathematics and Philosophy has the best course design, you can tell that it's not combining two programs but the courses taught have been adjusted to the real math-phil specific topics. I applied for it and already received an offer!
Reply 8
I've heard of that and really liked the idea, but I was hesitant to apply because Exeter isn't in the QS Top 100. Then again, I've heard about how unreliable league tables are, so is that something I should take into account at all?😅

League Tables are essentially a marketing nonsense - and no way to pick a University.

Mathematics and Philosophy (BSc) - Undergraduate, University of York
Mathematics and Philosophy BA Hons (GV15) - Lancaster University
BA Mathematics and Philosophy Undergraduate degree study GV15 - University of Birmingham
Mathematics and Philosophy BA (Hons) - 2024/25 entry - Courses - University of Liverpool
All 'good' Universities.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending