The Student Room Group

OCR A Chemistry F322 Chains, Energy and Resources Thu 19 Jan 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by otrivine
sure!!! how did u find bio by the way heard many people said difficult

Experiment of hydrolosis of hallogenalkanes-Silver nitrate solution used.

Where 1-chloropropane undergoes hydrolosis.
If the experiment was done again in same conditions with 1-iodopropane-Which halogenalkane would you see precipitate faster and why?

State one condtion that needed to be the same for each experiment for a fair test (not including temprature-ph-concentration) and why?

Thats proper question...
Reply 181
Any sugestion what topics might come up tomorow?
Reply 182
the one that has the weakest bonds, the one that is lowest in the period table.. i think its iodoprpane and it would colour change much faster. same mass of the product and in a water bath? add NaOH, silver nitrate?
Original post by Tyles
the one that has the weakest bonds, the one that is lowest in the period table.. i think its iodoprpane and it would colour change much faster. same mass of the product and in a water bath? add NaOH, silver nitrate?

Look closer at the names of the two halogenalkanes and how could it effect the hyrolosis.

Hint:biggrin:o use bond enthalpies when comparing the halogen alkanes
Reply 184
Original post by MEPLUS-->YOU
Look closer at the names of the two halogenalkanes and how could it effect the hyrolosis.

iodopropane will hydrolyse faster right due to the bond enthalpy being less?
Original post by MEPLUS-->YOU

C-I bond is weakest and therefore least amount of energy is needed to break the bonds which results in faster rate of reaction
Reply 186
Original post by darkxangel

thank you so much for that may 2011 past paper, couldnt find it anywhere! Good luck everyone!
Reply 187
Original post by LifeIsGood
Hey :biggrin:

Haha hey! It seems we do the same exam boards, and flopped the same modules Lool! :tongue:

Ah how's your revision going? Mines actually terrible, I don't know what to do!!
Reply 188
Original post by Saliency

Original post by Saliency
What was so different about the f321 paper? I didn't take it i'm just interested.:tongue:

It was nothing any past papers from the last 3 years! the changed the format a bit, saying that papers where getting to easy! there were a lot of examples that i had never seen before and questions i really didnt know how to answer! the majority of people i spoke or heard talkin about it say it was extremely hard!
Does anyone know if we need to know about the Montreal Protocol?
Original post by eemooz
Haha hey! It seems we do the same exam boards, and flopped the same modules Lool! :tongue:

Ah how's your revision going? Mines actually terrible, I don't know what to do!!

Haha yeah, I scraped a C in the June paper :frown:

Revision was hard yesterday as I was quite tired from Biology so hopefully get an effective 3-4 hours done now :smile:
Reply 191
Haha yeah, I scraped a C in the June paper :frown:

Revision was hard yesterday as I was quite tired from Biology so hopefully get an effective 3-4 hours done now :smile:

Haha doing exacthe same thing as you, had a good nights sleep yesterday (well sort of) and now it's revisions time!

How you revising? From textbook or just banging out papers?
Original post by eemooz
Haha doing exacthe same thing as you, had a good nights sleep yesterday (well sort of) and now it's revisions time!

How you revising? From textbook or just banging out papers?

I'm going through a few stuff that I wanted to cover last night, almost done so yeah will do past papers in about 10 minutes. You?
Reply 193
I'm going through a few stuff that I wanted to cover last night, almost done so yeah will do past papers in about 10 minutes. You?

My school gave us a huge pack with al the questions like from the beginning of time, I'm just ploughing my way through that, but u haven't even looked at green chemistry yet >.<
Original post by eemooz
My school gave us a huge pack with al the questions like from the beginning of time, I'm just ploughing my way through that, but u haven't even looked at green chemistry yet >.<

I got a big selection of past papers too, I'm going through the official ones then will do a few of the old spec papers for further testing and see if I need to learn anything yet.

What's green chemistry about - is it that
-ozone depletion
-minimising damage
-the hsw stuff?
what time is the exam?
Original post by Ayostunner
what time is the exam?

Afternoon
Afternoon

ahh ok still lots of time for last min revision :smile:
Reply 198
I got a big selection of past papers too, I'm going through the official ones then will do a few of the old spec papers for further testing and see if I need to learn anything yet.

What's green chemistry about - is it that
-ozone depletion
-minimising damage
-the hsw stuff?

Yep all that stuff and the carbon recapture stuff too!! It's only like 8pages but there's quite a lot of info -_-
Original post by eemooz
Yep all that stuff and the carbon recapture stuff too!! It's only like 8pages but there's quite a lot of info -_-

I've covered Ozone Depletion - this comes up almost in every paper - you need to know the Cl & NO ones, it's pretty easy though.

Don't they always have the same answers to the HSW stuff? :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending