The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
I've applied to Wadham to read Law and received an e-mail from them saying my application is 'under active consideration' 2 days ago. I then had to confirm my e-mail address and details with them so they could keep in correspondence with me.
Reply 81
Original post by Jockie
I've applied to Wadham to read Law and received an e-mail from them saying my application is 'under active consideration' 2 days ago. I then had to confirm my e-mail address and details with them so they could keep in correspondence with me.

I have applied to St Anne's to read Law as well. Now, im worrying that people seem to get a confirmation and I still haven't
Reply 82
I would think it probably varies from college to college. When did you send yours off?
I was wondering about this as well, I still haven't heard anything (from New college, where I've applied for Biological Sciences) except for the generic initial acknowledgement when my UCAS was sent off. Is this end-of-October-email also going to be generic, or is it the start of interview ofers/being declined?
Reply 84
I've send my application the 12th October :frown:
I heard back from my college (St Hughs for History) almost exactly a month after my UCAS was sent at the end of September, I really wouldn't worry just yet!

It'll vary from College to College and I bet also between subjects within a college, all the departments will have a different way of working.
Reply 86
Original post by Historophilia
I heard back from my college (St Hughs for History) almost exactly a month after my UCAS was sent at the end of September, I really wouldn't worry just yet!

It'll vary from College to College and I bet also between subjects within a college, all the departments will have a different way of working.

Thank you very much, you have calmed me down :smile:
Original post by blossom12
Thank you very much, you have calmed me down :smile:

That's OK glad I could help :smile: we're all in the same extremely stressful boat!

I've got my HAT test on Wednesday and I'm just :afraid: even though I've done loads of practice.

When do you have the LNAT?
Reply 88
That's OK glad I could help :smile: we're all in the same extremely stressful boat!

I've got my HAT test on Wednesday and I'm just :afraid: even though I've done loads of practice.

Good luck, im sure you will do brilliantly! :smile: I've done my LNAT 18th October, it was the hardest test I have ever done, but you will be glad on Wednesday after the test! it is a relief :smile:
Aw thanks! Fingers crossed I get good questions!

How do you feel your LNAT went? I wonder why they do it so much earlier than the HAT? :confused:
Reply 90
Original post by blossom12
Hi,

I am applying to St. Anne's at Oxford to read law. I got an email from Oxford saying that I should have more information from the college by the end of October. And still nothing... I'm getting paranoid. Anyone in similar or different situation?

i applied to do English at Oriel, and two days ago I got an email telling me my application had been received for consideration and that they would continue to communicate with me via my email. They also had a website with updates on things such as interview dates etc. Maybe check your emails?
Reply 91

Doing the ELAT test on the same day - I think they're all on the 2nd of November. Am equally terrified - I'm just hoping that I get some good texts and that I remember my terminology and finish on time *fingers crossed*

good luck to everybody - it's a shame they can't let EVERYONE in, it's horrible being in competition with people you know/met/like.
Reply 92
Yes, I applied to Queen's to read Law, got the e-mail around a week ago or so. It depends on the college I guess? :smile:
Do we really need to have teachers sign our passport photos?

I emailed re: the tape (non) issue and the lady who emailed back just mentioned writing name/course on the back. But the website the email links to says you need your referee or basically someone in authority to sign them.
Original post by elfrench
Doing the ELAT test on the same day - I think they're all on the 2nd of November. Am equally terrified - I'm just hoping that I get some good texts and that I remember my terminology and finish on time *fingers crossed*

good luck to everybody - it's a shame they can't let EVERYONE in, it's horrible being in competition with people you know/met/like.

Yeah I think they mostly are.

For the HAT test the hardest bit is they give you an essay title and say to write about any event or area of history. You then have to sit there racking your brains for something you know about that could work with the question! That's the bit i'm most worried about, just forgetting everything! The rest is source analysis so it's a bit less stressful.

In the ELAT do you have to come up with any of your own texts and write from memory?

I know, another girl from my history class is doing the HAT as well and I'd hate if one of us got in but not the other :frown:

Good luck on Wednesday!
Reply 95
Anyone applied to Mansfield?
Reply 96
Original post by red.panda-x
I was wondering about this as well, I still haven't heard anything (from New college, where I've applied for Biological Sciences) except for the generic initial acknowledgement when my UCAS was sent off. Is this end-of-October-email also going to be generic, or is it the start of interview ofers/being declined?

same subject, same college, same position

i think it'll just be a confirmation of the application

it says on their website they normally give out interviews in the last couple weeks of november
Reply 97
I just got an email from Private Halls, anyone knows what that is?
Reply 98
It is just confirmation, beow is mine and I've read someone else's who was applying for a different subject at a different college and their's was pretty much the same. You should get it soon, try checking your spam box just to make sure.

I write to inform you that your application to St Catherine’s has been received by the College and is now under active consideration.

Please note that several subjects require you to sit a written test as part of your application and/or to submit written work. Therefore, it is important that you check the application requirements for your subject by visiting the University website at www.admissions.ox.ac.uk/courses/ and clicking on the how to apply tab on your course page. You should ensure that any required work reaches us by the stated deadline of 10th November.

If you are required to come to Oxford in December we will send you a formal invitation, which will be despatched at least seven days before the scheduled date of interviews for the subject for which you are applying. Full details of the interview schedules can be found by visiting the University website at www.admissions.ox.ac.uk/interviews/ and clicking on Interview Timetable on the left hand side of the page. If you have not been contacted four days before the interviews are due, please get in touch as a matter of urgency.

All candidates resident in the UK, the European Economic Area (EU and Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein) and Switzerland are expected to come to Oxford for interview in December if shortlisted. Candidates (with the exception of those applying for Medicine) who are resident outside the EEA and Switzerland should inform the college by 15th November whether they will be able/unable to come to Oxford for interview in December if shortlisted. The college will endeavour to interview overseas candidates who cannot come to Oxford by telephone, video conference or over the internet through Skype. Please read the information about the interview arrangements at http://www.ox.ac.uk/admissions/undergraduate_courses/international_students/interviews.html.

If, at the end of the application process, you do not wish the College to communicate decisions and/or feedback directly to your school/college then please inform us (by emailing [email protected]) asking that a record of this be placed on file.

Useful information and announcements throughout the application process will be posted on the College website at http://www.stcatz.ox.ac.uk/prospective/information-applicants. Please check this website regularly.

If you have any queries please do not hesitate to contact us by emailing [email protected].

===

Admissions Office, St Catherine's College, Manor Road, Oxford, OX1 3UJ. Tel: +44 (0)1865 271703. Fax: +44 (0)1865 271768. Email: [email protected]. URL: http://www.stcatz.ox.ac.uk
I got a confirmation email from Wadham a couple of days ago - which has just made me more nervous. It's a horrible thought to think of them actually poring over your application!

I also recieved an email just an hour ago about PPHs and the possibility of being sent to another college; but that's probably just because they've realised already that I'm not gonna make the grade!

Latest

Trending

Trending