The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 240
The Czech Republic congratulates the new President.
Reply 241
Original post by stanlas2
The Czech Republic congratulates the new President.

Thank you.
eff01
QFA

A little late, but the Arab League formally welcomes the Foreign Secretary of the MHoC into his role as MUN rep and also as an observer member of the Arab League
Reply 243
Original post by Moleman1996
A little late, but the Arab League formally welcomes the Foreign Secretary of the MHoC into his role as MUN rep and also as an observer member of the Arab League

Thank you :smile:
Reply 244
Original post by eff01
Thank you :smile:

Welcome :biggrin:
Reply 245
Statement by Eff01- TSR MHoC Foreign Secretary and MUN representative

Over the last year the Arab world has seen significant and rapid progress made in several countries towards democracy. After consultation the government of TSR has come to the decision that they would like to withdraw itself from being an observer member of the Arab League. Our decision to withdraw does not affect in way our relationship the Arab world and the Arab League. The MHoC continues to share a strong personal and economic relationship with members of the League and will continue to do so. We will support any country that has set out onto the path of democracy, this is what we stand for and this is what we believe in.
Reply 246
Original post by eff01

Over the last year the Arab world has seen significant and rapid progress made in several countries towards democracy. After consultation the government of TSR has come to the decision that they would like to withdraw itself from being an observer member of the Arab League. Our decision to withdraw does not affect in way our relationship the Arab world and the Arab League. The MHoC continues to share a strong personal and economic relationship with members of the League and will continue to do so. We will support any country that has set out onto the path of democracy, this is what we stand for and this is what we believe in.

The Arab League welcomes this news and thanks the Foreign Secretary for informing the member countries of the Arab League.

The President will most probably have something official to say in the response to this so I'd await his reply. :smile:

Moleman1996
QFA
Original post by eff01

The league is dissapointed that the MHoC has seen fit to withdraw from her observer membership of the League, especially in this period of low activity. Whilst we would question the reasoning behind this withdrawal, the league will respect the MHoC's decision and her right to do so, and advises Arab League members to continue their good relations with the MHoC.
Reply 248
QFA

OOC: Is there any way to apply to be an observer of the Arab League?
OOC: Is there any way to apply to be an observer of the Arab League?

OOC- yeah, you just state your application to apply in this thread or a PM to me or the deputy, and perhaps produce a short manifesto (although this isnt necessary). Then the league votes on your admission, and youll probably be accepted :smile:
Reply 250
OOC- yeah, you just state your application to apply in this thread or a PM to me or the deputy, and perhaps produce a short manifesto (although this isnt necessary). Then the league votes on your admission, and youll probably be accepted :smile:

OOC: Thanks, I'll try and do that when I have the time

Its worth doing, sometimes when activity is poor we make exceptions and allow observers to vote in AL votes so we can get a decent turnout and all that :P
Reply 252

Nice idea, thanks for getting involved. Looking forward to seeing your proposal to be an observer. Should bring lots more activity to the Arab League!
RoryS
QFA

Thinking about trying to get some manifestos in for the Deputy position we couldnt fill when you were elected, see if we can get it filled before the next presidential election in January (I think its January anyway). Your thoughts?
Reply 254
Thinking about trying to get some manifestos in for the Deputy position we couldnt fill when you were elected, see if we can get it filled before the next presidential election in January (I think its January anyway). Your thoughts?

Yeah that sounds like a good idea. I'd be happy to run the election if you've got limited time on your hands - could you PM me with what I should include in th election thread first post?

Should we do th election now or wait a bit? Now might be best before the Christmas rush.
RoryS
QFA

Itd be great if you could run it for me, will post properly with all the stuff needed or drop you a PM when I get in from college detailing what needs to be done :P If you want to get a head start its all detailed in the constitution in the first post of this thread though I think :smile:

Cheers
Reply 256
Itd be great if you could run it for me, will post properly with all the stuff needed or drop you a PM when I get in from college detailing what needs to be done :P If you want to get a head start its all detailed in the constitution in the first post of this thread though I think :smile:

Cheers

Yeah, please could you. I have had a look at the consitution and it's helped, thanks for pointing that out, but still a little stumped.

PM me when you can. Thanks :smile:
Reply 257
We're looking for another Deputy President of the Arab League.

More information is here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2185658

Manifestos of no longer than 300 words, should be sent to me by Wednesday!

Good luck :biggrin:
Reply 258
It's the last day of the Deputy President of the Arab League election!

Manifestos are still welcome until 17:00 today! PM them too me as soon as you read this - they should be no longer than 300 words.

For more info see here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2185658 or PM me.

Thanks! :biggrin:

RoryS
Deputy President
Reply 259
Moleman1996
QFA

Need to send you a PM with a few pointers coming out of the AL Deputy President election. Please can you clear out your inbox as soon as you get this?

Many thanks :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending