The Student Room Group

Gcse languages - how to get a 9??

I do gcse arabic and i’m so done for my chances of a 9 are GONE
There is way too much vocab and i do not have an arabic teacher
can someone give advice on how to get 9 in languages???
Original post by unknown20001
I do gcse arabic and i’m so done for my chances of a 9 are GONE
There is way too much vocab and i do not have an arabic teacher
can someone give advice on how to get 9 in languages???

Here’s what I did for all my languages:

•Learn all the vocab in the spec. This is a must. Then learn additional common words and phrases to help flow and increase fluency. Use flashcard for these. Quizlet’s good. It will take time and a lot of effort.

•Learn the grammar patterns, as specified in the spec. As well as the rule breakers.

•Practice writing as much as you can about the different topics in your spec. Look out for exemplar paragraphs for your course. This will develop your writing and reading skills. Reading this aloud will do help your speaking skills.

•Listen to music, podcasts or watch movies in Arabic. This will develop your listening and speaking skills.

I did quite a few languages for my GCSEs and this method worked out for me. It can feel a lot like there’s no chance of getting a 9. I felt like that too. But keep going. I did this and I was surprised of the progress and grade I got.
Reply 2
Original post by Forgotten one
Here’s what I did for all my languages:

•Learn all the vocab in the spec. This is a must. Then learn additional common words and phrases to help flow and increase fluency. Use flashcard for these. Quizlet’s good. It will take time and a lot of effort.

•Learn the grammar patterns, as specified in the spec. As well as the rule breakers.

•Practice writing as much as you can about the different topics in your spec. Look out for exemplar paragraphs for your course. This will develop your writing and reading skills. Reading this aloud will do help your speaking skills.

•Listen to music, podcasts or watch movies in Arabic. This will develop your listening and speaking skills.

I did quite a few languages for my GCSEs and this method worked out for me. It can feel a lot like there’s no chance of getting a 9. I felt like that too. But keep going. I did this and I was surprised of the progress and grade I got.

Thank you so much!! I’ll definitely try this :smile: - i’m currently learning new vocabulary and it is very overwhelming as there are about 3000 words, but i haven’t tried focusing on exemplar paragraph so i’ll do that now ☺️
The thing is , I do know arabic to an extent but not specification specific arabic, but more conversational standard arabic and some specific words, so i think trying to write paragraphs using the new vocabulary i learnt will help a lot. I appreciate your advice a lot thank you again!!

Quick Reply

Latest