The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by RoryS
Need to send you a PM with a few pointers coming out of the AL Deputy President election. Please can you clear out your inbox as soon as you get this?

Many thanks :biggrin:

should be done in the nxt hour :-)

Original post by RoryS
Need to send you a PM with a few pointers coming out of the AL Deputy President election. Please can you clear out your inbox as soon as you get this?

Many thanks :biggrin:
Reply 261
Original post by Moleman1996

I've drafted the PM at home on my laptop so I'll send it to you later :smile:
Reply 262

Still can't send you the message!!!
Original post by RoryS
Still can't send you the message!!!

not sure what's up with it :/ ive emptied it again, if,it doesn't work this time then no idea :s-smilie:
Reply 264
not sure what's up with it :/ ive emptied it again, if,it doesn't work this time then no idea :s-smilie:

It's sent, finally. Reply as soon as you can :smile:
Reply 265
Please go here to vote for your next Deputy President of the Arab League! AL & MUN Members.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2185658

Thanks! :biggrin:
Please make sure to vote in the Deputy Presidential Election if you represent a member state of the league! Representatives of more than one AL state should PM their second vote to RoryS, and this will be taken into account when the results are announced
Reply 267
The election closes at around 19:30, when the poll should automatically show the results. Please cast your vote!

Moleman1996
QFA

Do we have a quote list of AL representatives or the capability to send out PMs to them all? The activity of this place is shocking to say the least and I hope to do something about it.
Original post by RoryS
The election closes at around 19:30, when the poll should automatically show the results. Please cast your vote!

Do we have a quote list of AL representatives or the capability to send out PMs to them all? The activity of this place is shocking to say the least and I hope to do something about it.

theres a quote list somwehere in the first post I think, but the members lists as a whole havent been up to date recently so I havent been able to update the AL list as a result, may not be totally accurate. And we're not important enough to get the capability for a mass PM :frown:
Reply 269
theres a quote list somwehere in the first post I think, but the members lists as a whole havent been up to date recently so I havent been able to update the AL list as a result, may not be totally accurate. And we're not important enough to get the capability for a mass PM :frown:

Maybe a list of our members would be a good thing to sort out in the New Year? A boring task I know but could be worthwhile in bringing activity back to the league. Our newly elected deputy president could also help! More hands make light work!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by RoryS
Maybe a list of our members would be a good thing to sort out in the New Year? A boring task I know but could be worthwhile in bringing activity back to the league. Our newly elected deputy president could also help! More hands make light work!

Posted from TSR Mobile

As soon as the roll call is done I might see about doing an Arab League roll call. May be best to leave it until after the january elections though, so that if a new president is elected they're not lumbered with the current presidency's methods and are free to proceed as they wish :tongue:
Reply 271
As soon as the roll call is done I might see about doing an Arab League roll call. May be best to leave it until after the january elections though, so that if a new president is elected they're not lumbered with the current presidency's methods and are free to proceed as they wish :tongue:

Yeah that sounds like a great idea. Lets do that :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by RoryS
Yeah that sounds like a great idea. Lets do that :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Will also have a word with Birchington and see if we can get Arab League member written next to the names of the countries in the big list of reps. That way anyone looking at repping a country will at least be aware of us, and it might even attract some members :P
Reply 273
Will also have a word with Birchington and see if we can get Arab League member written next to the names of the countries in the big list of reps. That way anyone looking at repping a country will at least be aware of us, and it might even attract some members :P

Yeah, that's going to be handy too :smile:
Reply 274
If people didn't already know, DayneD89 is now another Deputy President of the Arab League. Congratulations!

We will be working out over the coming days, and discussing the future of the AL. PM any suggestions for improvements to us if you wish :wink:
Original post by RoryS
If people didn't already know, DayneD89 is now another Deputy President of the Arab League. Congratulations!

We will be working out over the coming days, and discussing the future of the AL. PM any suggestions for improvements to us if you wish :wink:

DayneD89
QFA

What would you two think about an introductory Powerpoint attached to the first post in this thread, taking new members through the basics of the League? Sort of half-drafted one, but will do it properly if you think itd be a good diea
Reply 276
What would you two think about an introductory Powerpoint attached to the first post in this thread, taking new members through the basics of the League? Sort of half-drafted one, but will do it properly if you think itd be a good diea

That sounds like a brilliant idea - I'm sure there's a creative, abstract website that could do this for us, but a powerpoint at the moment sounds like a really good idea. I was also thinking of creating a Weebly website for the League.
Original post by RoryS
That sounds like a brilliant idea - I'm sure there's a creative, abstract website that could do this for us, but a powerpoint at the moment sounds like a really good idea. I was also thinking of creating a Weebly website for the League.

Sounds great! :biggrin:

And yeah I think I know the website you may be thinking of, cant remember the name of it though :/ Ah well, suppose we can upgrade it from ppt at a later date :tongue:
The Russian Federation formally lodges a request to become an observer member with the possibility of creating positive trade links and we are open to links in other areas as well :smile:
Original post by tehFrance
The Russian Federation formally lodges a request to become an observer member with the possibility of creating positive trade links and we are open to links in other areas as well :smile:

The Russian Federation is a great friend to many in the Arab world, but Palestine must ask why you wish to join the Arab League when you do not have a sizable Arab population that the league may help give voice to? There is a sizable number of people in Russia who follow the Muslim religion, but this is not the Muslim league but the Arab League. We are certainly not saying that we would oppose your membership at this time, but there doesn't seem a reason yet to grant observer status to Russia, as positive trade links can be established without Russia's involvement in the league.

Latest

Trending

Trending