Dr Ben Goldacre
Professor Lord Robert Winston
Professor Richard Dawkins
Dr Maggie Aderin
Professor Jim Al-Khalili
Dr Lucie Green
Dr Simon Singh

Did you like the lectures? :smile:

My favourite one was the one by Professor Jim Al-Khalili on time travel :biggrin:
Reply 1
Bump...
Original post by blueray

Original post by blueray
Here is the list of the famous people there :biggrin:

Professor Steve Jones
Dr Andrea Sella
Professor Dave Cliff
Professor Sir David
Dr Kate Lancaster
Dr Ben Goldacre
Dr Maggie Aderin
Professor Jim Al-Khalili
Dr Lucie Green
Dr Simon Singh

My favourite one was the one by Professor Jim Al-Khalili on time travel :biggrin:

I want there last year in year 11. I remember when Lord Winston said that each testicle holds 200 million sperm, and two boys at the front gave each other a high five, and Lord Winston said "I just noticed two boys give each other a high 5, just to let you know, most of the sperm ends up being useless"

EDIT: are you going to the one in Westminister?
Reply 3
Original post by Abir Ishtiaq

I want there last year in year 11. I remember when Lord Winston said that each testicle holds 200 million sperm, and two boys at the front gave each other a high five, and Lord Winston said "I just noticed two boys give each other a high 5, just to let you know, most of the sperm ends up being useless"

EDIT: are you going to the one in Westminister?

Haha yeah he did say stuff about that...but more updated of course...nah not going to the westminster one...are you? :biggrin:
Original post by blueray

Original post by blueray
Haha yeah he did say stuff about that...but more updated of course...nah not going to the westminster one...are you? :biggrin:

Nah, I'm not going
Reply 5

Nah, I'm not going

Can't believe no one from here went here....and they claim to be wannabe docs :lol:
No one told me about this :O
Reply 7
I went a few years ago and as far as I can remember, I thought it was pretty good! :biggrin:
Reply 8
Original post by Yumnaarrhhh
No one told me about this :O

....:tongue:

Original post by sana_92
I went a few years ago and as far as I can remember, I thought it was pretty good! :biggrin:

Haha yeah :biggrin: What was your fav lecture?
Original post by blueray
....:tongue:

Noo not fair!! I did my GCSE's last year..and this would have been pretty interesting..do you think Alevel students can go? :colone:
Reply 10

Noo not fair!! I did my GCSE's last year..and this would have been pretty interesting..do you think Alevel students can go? :colone:

Well it's called gcse live...so not to sure :tongue:
Original post by blueray
Well it's called gcse live...so not to sure :tongue:

haha thats what I was thinking :biggrin:
hmm oh well :/
Original post by blueray
Here is the list of the famous people there :biggrin:

Professor Steve Jones
Dr Andrea Sella
Professor Dave Cliff
Professor Sir David
Dr Kate Lancaster
Dr Ben Goldacre
Dr Maggie Aderin
Professor Jim Al-Khalili
Dr Lucie Green
Dr Simon Singh

Jim Al-Khalili is just brilliant. He was one of many who got me so interested in Physics! Richard Dawkins is also very good.
ahh i went last year and my fave was proffesor lord robert winston :biggrin:

cant remember exactly but i do recall someone having an argument with him about something heart related that was new
Reply 14
YES! i went to portsmouth last year! Saw a documentary about physics with Andrea Sella in it the other day! haha!
Reply 15
This sounds brilliant! I might have to get my school to take us next year.
Awwww, Maggie Aderin-Pocock is in my city next week but my school aren't going to this and sadly this is my last year as a GCSE student. Damnittttt. She's great :frown: ... ooh and Robert Winston and Jim Al-Khalili. What the hell. I am so jealous right now :mad:
Reply 17
Original post by Sagacious
Jim Al-Khalili is just brilliant. He was one of many who got me so interested in Physics! Richard Dawkins is also very good.

Yeah he got me interested in black holes :gah:
Original post by halii_94
ahh i went last year and my fave was proffesor lord robert winston :biggrin:

cant remember exactly but i do recall someone having an argument with him about something heart related that was new

Argument and robert :tongue: Typical!

Original post by jacob'B
YES! i went to portsmouth last year! Saw a documentary about physics with Andrea Sella in it the other day! haha!

Nice! :biggrin: What did she say?

Original post by Alex129
This sounds brilliant! I might have to get my school to take us next year.

Hell yeah :biggrin: Tell them.

Original post by Whangdoodle
Awwww, Maggie Aderin-Pocock is in my city next week but my school aren't going to this and sadly this is my last year as a GCSE student. Damnittttt. She's great :frown: ... ooh and Robert Winston and Jim Al-Khalili. What the hell. I am so jealous right now :mad:

She lives in camden :biggrin: Is that were your school is? :frown: and they wont let you go...
Reply 18
My school are going to the Oxford one tomorrow any advice from anyone who's been questions to ask etc. ??
Reply 19
Im going in March cnt wait! I went to Poetry Live and that was really good

Quick Reply

Latest