The Student Room Group

TSR Best Dressed Christmas Tree Competition - winners announced!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by winning11
wow
if ever i was to admit to defeat, it would be to your unique tree :adore:

bravo and sounds like a great memory :smile:

haha thankyou,thankyou, *bows*
x
Reply 61
Original post by x-pixie-lottie-x
i see your 09... and raise you my 08!

Spoiler

i will be back with this years tree in a week :wink:
x

Ah yes, the infamous year of 2008 with the mutant Christmas trees . . . :reindeer:
Original post by x-pixie-lottie-x
i see your 09... and raise you my 08!

Spoiler

i will be back with this years tree in a week :wink:
x

Jeeze, that's pretty damn impressive! :eek: But wtf is going on with the shape? :wtf: It's mahusive and wider than it is tall?!
Last year's :h:

Spoiler

Reply 64
Everyone's trees look great! :biggrin:

We went for the an alternative white colour this year! It's a shame half of the baubles are clear/white, so they don't show up well in pictures!

Original post by Sazzy890
Feel free to make a thread on it, I would love to see this :colone: I don't know how many people would do it though :lol:

I would decorate myself in tinsel and lights for a good cause :biggrin:.
This is a lovely thread. Let's hope it doesn't turn into the usual griping about league tables.:smile:
Reply 67
Original post by coolh5000
Tada!

Spoiler

Haha I vote for you.
Original post by carnationlilyrose

This is a lovely thread. Let's hope it doesn't turn into the usual griping about league tables.:smile:

Don't you worry, I'll not let it. I won't allow the Scrooges to spoil it either! :security:
Original post by fleur de lis
Don't you worry, I'll not let it. I won't allow the Scrooges to spoil it either! :security:

Good! It's nice to find somewhere free of the Oxbridge/Imperial/UCL feuders!
Good! It's nice to find somewhere free of the Oxbridge/Imperial/UCL feuders!

Don't forget the LSE haters :colone:
Reply 71

Our flat's Christmas tree - only cost us a tenner too!
Original post by multiplexing-gamer
Don't forget the LSE haters :colone:

Silly me. But they won't appear on here, because Xmas trees are too trivial.
Silly me. But they won't appear on here, because Xmas trees are too trivial.

In honour of this thread, I have changed my avatar to a charming ferret receiving a Christmas present. What could be more seasonal?
Original post by Groat
Ah yes, the infamous year of 2008 with the mutant Christmas trees . . . :reindeer:

ha ha it sooo was!

Original post by fleur de lis
Jeeze, that's pretty damn impressive! :eek: But wtf is going on with the shape? :wtf: It's mahusive and wider than it is tall?!

haha rather special wasnt it
it was 30ft ish when it was in the field, so im guessing the rest of the tree looked more normal...i dont know i never actually saw it in situ ... it was chopped down, made shorter then brought home in logs and tree as little tree on the roof of a landrover. I only actually saw it having an extra 5 ft chopped off to get it in the house lol
the rest went on the fire smelt yummy!! :biggrin:

we have now been forced to conform and buy our trees from a shop :frown: we decided the ones in the field werent quite suitable, a little um... big....
x
Some really awesome trees in here so far. Looking forward to seeing others.

randdom and I have had a great time putting up our tree in our flat this afternoon.

It's a Serbian spruce, about 5ft 8 inches tall. What do you think?

I've also got a couple of other pictures too of our Advent Calendar/Nativity scene. We thought it was bad to keep all the little pieces locked away all month, so we've taken them all out and replaced them with chocolates (Ferrero Rocher!).

And some more:

Spoiler

(edited 12 years ago)

Piddly small but good for my room. Should have gone for a bigger one though.
Original post by Alofleicester

Original post by Alofleicester

Piddly small but good for my room. Should have gone for a bigger one though.

How cute!
Reply 78
Hi Guys,
This is my tree - sorry about the pic quality! Its a black one because we left it so late last year that's all we could find but looks quite nice with the purple and silver theme I think :smile:
Original post by AJ
Hi Guys,
This is my tree - sorry about the pic quality! Its a black one because we left it so late last year that's all we could find but looks quite nice with the purple and silver theme I think :smile:

I've never seen a black Christmas tree before but I actually really like it!

Quick Reply

Latest