The Student Room Group

Bad interview-pharmacy

Hi there everyone, if you do really bad or like mediumish on your interview but have good PS and good reference and good predicited grades will that affect the chances of getting into reading university pharmacy?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
advice?
depends. how many interviews do they give out compared to offers (if they interview a lot of people then :/

edit: how bad you did is very subjective. if you are a really talkative person you may think you gave really short, bad answers but a quieter person may think they've done better
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by IamBeowulf
depends. how many interviews do they give out compared to offers (if they interview a lot of people then :/

edit: how bad you did is very subjective. if you are a really talkative person you may think you gave really short, bad answers but a quieter person may think they've done better

there were 20 students today! i mean when they gave me a maths and chemistry question i kept making small mistakes! and the interviewer said to me you know the hard questions but not easy i dont know if that is a good thing or not :frown::frown: and some questions he asked i didnt know the answer but i keep thinking that they dont care about your answers they just want to see if you are good and enthiusastic ?
Reply 4
Anymore advice?
Reply 5
I know people at Reading doing Pharmacy and they said their interviews didn't go so well, yet they still received offers. Whoever interviewed you must have seen you were nervous as they said you got the hard questions right but the easy ones wrong. I wouldn't worry too much, if you have a good PS and predicited grades that should be fine.
Reply 6
Original post by luckyxo
I know people at Reading doing Pharmacy and they said their interviews didn't go so well, yet they still received offers. Whoever interviewed you must have seen you were nervous as they said you got the hard questions right but the easy ones wrong. I wouldn't worry too much, if you have a good PS and predicited grades that should be fine.

thanks luckyxo you know i was really panicking cause you see i identified the compound was an ester but made mistakes with the carboxylic acid and he said that to identify it was an ester was hard but i got it right ? and i made silly mistakes with the maths questions like forgetting to multiply by two?? but when he said like why reading he said good answer to me?and he said what drugs do hospital give but not pharmacy i had no idea for that?? is it still fine?
Reply 7
I had the interview as well, maths questions I got were the unit ones, chenistry questions: first I was asked to identify functional groups, then compare difference between kekule and benzene, draw benzene and she said you drew it wrong but I explained I know, because bond lengths have to be the same, she said well done, then I was asked to describe the delocalised structure and then say which was flatter benzene or kekule by looking at bond angles, last question was to name the bonding type like v-shape, tetrahedral etcetc. was a long interview! Only had one question about the role of a pharmacy.

You should be fine, did your interviewer note things down? If you were confident but you gave a wrong answer you still will have points for showing confidence :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 8
The interviewers just want to see that you have a basic understanding of chemistry, maths etc. They don't expect you to get every question right. In first year, all modules are basic anyways to make sure everyone is on the same level. My friend is doing Pharmacy there and had BBC in chem, maths, and bio and she went through clearing. I'm sure you will get an offer, dont stress :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by otrivine
thanks luckyxo you know i was really panicking cause you see i identified the compound was an ester but made mistakes with the carboxylic acid and he said that to identify it was an ester was hard but i got it right ? and i made silly mistakes with the maths questions like forgetting to multiply by two?? but when he said like why reading he said good answer to me?and he said what drugs do hospital give but not pharmacy i had no idea for that?? is it still fine?

I went to the Reading interview yesterday! I made the same mistake as you with the maths as well :eek: i forgot to multiply the number by 2 as it said on the question 'this dosage is taken twice daily' I was really upset when my interviewer said had done the conversion perfectly but forgot to multiply the answer by 2!!:angry:. I hardly had a chance to talk about the latest drug development which i spent ages preparing for!
Reply 10
Original post by 16ARTER
I went to the Reading interview yesterday! I made the same mistake as you with the maths as well :eek: i forgot to multiply the number by 2 as it said on the question 'this dosage is taken twice daily' I was really upset when my interviewer said had done the conversion perfectly but forgot to multiply the answer by 2!!:angry:. I hardly had a chance to talk about the latest drug development which i spent ages preparing for!

heyyy yes me too did i see you yesterday i was the guy with the unibrow and i had a tie and a vest on top of me ? i know i made a mistake with the maths and some mistakes with the functional group but i was correct at the end i said it was an ester? when i came out of the interview i said i am screwed i hope they will not judge everything based on the interview ? i told him this is my first interview ! and they asked me what medicine that only are in hospital but not in pharmacy :confused: ? i think they were just testing my pressure cause i did not know that soo scared
Reply 11
Original post by mathsclown
I had the interview as well, maths questions I got were the unit ones, chenistry questions: first I was asked to identify functional groups, then compare difference between kekule and benzene, draw benzene and she said you drew it wrong but I explained I know, because bond lengths have to be the same, she said well done, then I was asked to describe the delocalised structure and then say which was flatter benzene or kekule by looking at bond angles, last question was to name the bonding type like v-shape, tetrahedral etcetc. was a long interview! Only had one question about the role of a pharmacy.

You should be fine, did your interviewer note things down? If you were confident but you gave a wrong answer you still will have points for showing confidence :smile:

hii yes he wrote things down i dont know if he was writing good or bad its like when i came out of the interview i thought i am screwed i was soo upset but i hope they dont judge everything based on interview
Reply 12
more suggestions/
Reply 13
.???
hii yes he wrote things down i dont know if he was writing good or bad its like when i came out of the interview i thought i am screwed i was soo upset but i hope they dont judge everything based on interview

Hopefully it was good stuff :smile: Only thing that concerns me is how many interviewees get offers :/ They only have 100-110 places
Reply 15
Original post by mathsclown
Hopefully it was good stuff :smile: Only thing that concerns me is how many interviewees get offers :/ They only have 100-110 places

thanks they invite everyone for an interview
Reply 16
OP is annoying - just wait and SEE!
Reply 17
Original post by yothi5
OP is annoying - just wait and SEE!

what is OP?
Reply 18
what is OP?

Original Poster :colondollar: lol
Reply 19