The Student Room Group
Students relaxing outside, University of Chester
University of Chester
Chester
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Some are seperate some are shared. When you get your accomodation info you get to put down wether or not you mind sharing.... cant say you wont have to share tho....:frown:
Students relaxing outside, University of Chester
University of Chester
Chester
Visit website
does anyone that goes to chester or has looked at the halls got an opinion on the nicest one!?
Reply 22
GeorgieDaisy
does anyone that goes to chester or has looked at the halls got an opinion on the nicest one!?

depends on what you mean by nicest and what you're looking for.

en-suite are astbury and fisher and they seem ok, but they are noisey at times (close to SU bar and lots of people) - one friend says she lives on adrenaline when here!

shared bathrooms are margaret, fisher and alexandra. i'm in margaret and it's not too bad - you get to know more people that way as you have to keep going in and out. buildings are a bit 60s though.

the 2 lots above are catered - the food can be crap at times and we've sometimes had to eat out because we don't like what is there. if you choose these be prepared for trips to pizza hut or take-aways.

church college close and hollybank are self-catered and are all right as far as i can tell. although we were warned to be careful if in church college close as some outsiders think it is just a normal residantial estate and treat it as such.

not sure about john milton, parkgate road stuff and john douglas. you'd have to ask someone else.
The best halls are by far Gladstone house. There're only 30 rooms there (as opposed to the 90-odd in Fisher/ast); they're all a decent size, all en-suite. There's card-access, so no one who shouldn't be there can get in. It looks nicer too. There's also the 'bat-cave' where my friends and I last year hid lots of golf-flags we stole from the course down the canal :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending