The Student Room Group

Questions regarding Universities in the UK

Hey everyone, I just came across the forums today after doing some more research about Universities and stuff.
Basically, I've lived in the UK (was born there as well). But I moved to Egypt a while back and now I'm planning on moving to the UK again to finish University there.
Am I still allowed to apply for a student loan and grant? Household income is less than the 25k mentioned.
Another thing is, I think I'll have to apply for a foundation year since I didn't go A-Levels so that's another thing. I want to study Computer Science.
I wasn't so sure where to post this so I put it in the most general part.
I have so many questions to ask regarding foundation years, good universities that have foundation years and so.
I went to UCL but they only accept international students, another thing I'm not very sure of .. Am I still considered a home student, or international?
I could use any information anyone can provide and thank you in advance.
Reply 1
Original post by hamza7
Hey everyone, I just came across the forums today after doing some more research about Universities and stuff.
Basically, I've lived in the UK (was born there as well). But I moved to Egypt a while back and now I'm planning on moving to the UK again to finish University there.
Am I still allowed to apply for a student loan and grant? Household income is less than the 25k mentioned.
Another thing is, I think I'll have to apply for a foundation year since I didn't go A-Levels so that's another thing. I want to study Computer Science.
I wasn't so sure where to post this so I put it in the most general part.
I have so many questions to ask regarding foundation years, good universities that have foundation years and so.
I went to UCL but they only accept international students, another thing I'm not very sure of .. Am I still considered a home student, or international?
I could use any information anyone can provide and thank you in advance.

Do you hold a UK passport? If so, I think you should be able to apply for a student loan and grant.

UCL don't only accept international students. If you can apply for a student loan and grant, I presume you would be considered a home student, however if you cannot, and have to pay international fees, you would be considered an international.
Your ability to get grant and loan depends on where you've resided in the past 3 years. If it's outside EU for the whole 3 years, you're an international applicant.
Reply 3
Try ringing my mum, she will know :-)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending