The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

University of Liverpool, university of Sheffield , Newcastle university

Has there been any uni shooting at university of Liverpool or uni of Sheffield or Newcastle uni? Which of these would u think is the safest to study at?
Original post by hi2121
Has there been any uni shooting at university of Liverpool or uni of Sheffield or Newcastle uni? Which of these would u think is the safest to study at?

You can find crime data for UK universities (or for cities hosting UK universities) here and here.
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
Reply 2
Original post by DataVenia

You can find crime data for UK universities (or for cities hosting UK universities) here and here.

Thankyou
Original post by hi2121

Hello!

With regards to the safety of the city, I have lived in Sheffield for 3 years now and have never felt unsafe or in any danger whilst being here. The University uses an app called "safezone" that alerts campus security (and the emergency services if necessary) your location at the push of a button. Security services are located in a majority of the buildings on campus also. The University of Sheffield also operates a "safe taxi" scheme whereby you can get a City Taxi and pay via your U-Card to ensure that you always have a method of transport home after a night out, for example.

To get a feel for the city and the University I would definitely recommend coming to an open day or for a campus tour. On the campus tours you also have the option for a city tour, alongside an accommodation tour and a tour of the sports facilities available. If you have any further questions about Sheffield then feel free to ask away!

I hope this helps :smile:

Ellie (3rd year English Language and Linguistics student)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending