The Student Room Group

G4S 2012 Olympics Job

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1940
Original post by GhostM
just wondering, are there ay team leaders here?

i am a team leader
Hy there,

Do any of you know when the g4s call centre closes?
Reply 1942
Does anyone know what's going on with the G4S call centre phone line? I just called it 3 times and after pressing an option I get a recorded message saying "sorry you couldn't be connected, try again later" and then cuts the phone? anyone else experiencing this?
Original post by TTTA
Does anyone know what's going on with the G4S call centre phone line? I just called it 3 times and after pressing an option I get a recorded message saying "sorry you couldn't be connected, try again later" and then cuts the phone? anyone else experiencing this?

Yeh thats the same thing I was getting, I am assuming now the call centre maybe closed
Reply 1944
Probably another **** up by G4S lol.
Original post by Megatron94
Yeh thats the same thing I was getting, I am assuming now the call centre maybe closed

been told that the called center is now 24/7
Original post by vincent.w
been told that the called center is now 24/7

Ooo is it, ok but looks like no one wants to pick up today, may as well try tomorrow morning.

Thanks
Reply 1947
Original post by coolasacucumber
Pfft in this economic climate?
Ima have to work 12 hours just to get some wonga -_-

Heyyy i'm doing this tomorrow too, but i havent printed off the letter, just got a saved copy on my phone and ima gna show them it. I hope they'd accept it

Oh cool, yeh it was today, did you get in with the phone letter then?
Original post by Jabahut
Oh cool, yeh it was today, did you get in with the phone letter then?

Yupp they just needed the reference. Was you there today?
Reply 1949
Original post by coolasacucumber
Yupp they just needed the reference. Was you there today?

oh rightt cool, yeah managed to collect my accreditation pass and uniform aswell which was pretty good. Hopefully now I can pass the training assessments and move onto some work :smile:
Reply 1950
hey, does anyone know who i should call or email about screening and vetting.

thanks in advance.
does any 1 know the email for the uniform department. i have everything but that
Original post by Jabahut
oh rightt cool, yeah managed to collect my accreditation pass and uniform aswell which was pretty good. Hopefully now I can pass the training assessments and move onto some work :smile:

Nice, thats what im thinking, but it seems i cant do it until i get my number from the sia course or whatever -_-
Reply 1953
Original post by abduldirie
does any 1 know the email for the uniform department. i have everything but that

Uniform Distribution Ops Support Team: [email protected]

I asked a few days ago and this was their reply:

Hope you are well.

We are currently working very hard to contact every employee to collect their Olympic uniform. If you haven’t received a call from us yet to schedule you in for an appointment to collect your uniform, we will be hopefully in contact soon! Late-July at the latest.

We are not working through team by team, just by the names on our Spreadsheet to work through for the week.
So please don’t worry.

If you are required to work before you receive your uniform you can wear dark clothing until your receive your uniform.

Kind Regards

Got a call to collect uniform this morning, but I wasn't emailed, and I wasn't on the list, so they manually added me to the list and gave me my uniform!
Original post by itshusi
Uniform Distribution Ops Support Team: [email protected]

I asked a few days ago and this was their reply:

Got a call to collect uniform this morning, but I wasn't emailed, and I wasn't on the list, so they manually added me to the list and gave me my uniform!

so how long was it between when you emailed them and when you received the phone call to collect it. plus was this email an automate reply
Reply 1955
Original post by abduldirie
so how long was it between when you emailed them and when you received the phone call to collect it. plus was this email an automate reply

3 days!

Nope it wasn't automated. It was a guy called 'Lawrence' who replied to my email.

02070685946, That's the uniform distribution centre's number. If you do call, you may have to wait quite a few minutes for an answer as they do not answer immediately.
Reply 1956
Original post by itshusi
3 days!

Nope it wasn't automated. It was a guy called 'Lawrence' who replied to my email.

02070685946, That's the uniform distribution centre's number. If you do call, you may have to wait quite a few minutes for an answer as they do not answer immediately.

I collected accreditation today (remember I went straight to collect) and received. I then went straight to Pitchford Store. I told the duty officer that I came to collect my uniform. They checked my accreditation document and handed over my uniform. I then collected mmy time card. I am now waiting my SIA card (although I may be exempted) and duty schedule.

I have however noted some of the people who were sent to LOCOG accreditation 2 month ago could not collect today. They were sent to G4S staff. These people have name with G4S list but not in LOCOG list. Duty officer at Canning Town was very professional and promised to call them by tuesday when to collect accreditation.

I think there exist some software issues ir perhaps lack of coordination between staff. I can understand the problem of handling 120K plus number to screen. I am sure that they never expected that number people.

A good day so far and awaiting for duty schedule.

Good luck to all friends.
Reply 1957
I suggest people whose reference checked and status of 'sent to locog accreditation' should go to collect accreditation and uniform collection. G4S tried to manage a large number of people but some how faced the limitation of software and professional experience. Please remember your pay roll number if you already signed the contract, that you needed during the collection of time card that G4S provide.

Good luck guys.
i asked a question earlier,i have done all the training even the one in pitchford london(im from birmingham)but i haven't collected my accreited pass nor my uniform,who do i talk 2 or should i just go 2 london to collect it,pls help
Original post by ybasnet
I suggest people whose reference checked and status of 'sent to locog accreditation' should go to collect accreditation and uniform collection. G4S tried to manage a large number of people but some how faced the limitation of software and professional experience. Please remember your pay roll number if you already signed the contract, that you needed during the collection of time card that G4S provide.

Good luck guys.

so if i have my accreditation pass, i should be able to collect my uniform without having a conformation email. is that how it worked for you?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending