The Student Room Group

The Oxford 2012 Results Day Discussion Thread

Scroll to see replies

Haven't been on this thread before, but hello all :smile: Offer for English myself!

Had a dream last night that my accommodation in Oxford was a scary Gothic mansion, with rats running around and rain forcing the ceiling to cave in! Then the one-armed butler ominously entered my room and told me to vacate the premises and leave the university.

I hope this doesn't happen.
Original post by TotalLifeForever
Haven't been on this thread before, but hello all :smile: Offer for English myself!

Had a dream last night that my accommodation in Oxford was a scary Gothic mansion, with rats running around and rain forcing the ceiling to cave in! Then the one-armed butler ominously entered my room and told me to vacate the premises and leave the university.

samez! aboutthe english not the dream. what college???
Original post by Blutooth
Oh ****, you got me.

And anyway bro, why all the caps lock, looks like you're creating a storm in one. :wink: Ok end of lame joke.

*Scrabbles around for appropriate tea related joke...*

Nope, I can't find one to throw back at you.

Have to say, it was a bit of a rookie error accusing someone of being too common with their tea tastes and not using a teapot yourself :p: I do make it in a cup at work, for speed's sake, but it's nowhere near as good.
Like the OP I'm surprised this thread got so many negs :s-smilie:
Original post by doloroushazy
samez! aboutthe english not the dream. what college???

Pembroke, how about you?
Original post by TotalLifeForever

Hello again...:colone: :colondollar:
Original post by sixdaysinthesun
A fellow American! I'm from New Jersey and will be reading Classics at Somerville.

Are you on the somerville fb page? I will be reading music there :smile:
Hi guys, just a reminder for exam season that discussion of Edexcel and CIE exams isn't allowed until a certain amount of time has passed after the exam :smile: Take a look here for the details. Good luck all! :smile:
(This tea discussion is absolutely wonderful!)

A friend (current at Brasenose) just told me that this was a minor incident that happened over a year ago! Apparently, Daily Mail wrote to the entire JCR Committee to get comments..

I shall wear my pyjamas to breakfast if I so wish. :pierre: Although I'd have to buy some first, can't remember the last time I wore pyjamas....:erm:
Original post by AnimalSpirit
A friend (current at Brasenose) just told me that this was a minor incident that happened over a year ago! Apparently, Daily Mail wrote to the entire JCR Committee to get comments..

:rofl:

telegraph fail

Original post by KingMessi
I shall wear my pyjamas to breakfast if I so wish. :pierre: Although I'd have to buy some first, can't remember the last time I wore pyjamas....:erm:

I wear pyjamas for 'lounging', i.e. when hanging around the house because I hate wearing clothes, though I never wear them to sleep :pierre:

I will flout any such ban if one is ever imposed, even if it does make me 'slovenly' :colonhash:
Original post by medbh4805
:rofl:

I wear pyjamas for 'lounging', i.e. when hanging around the house because I hate wearing clothes, though I never wear them to sleep :pierre:

I will flout any such ban if one is ever imposed, even if it does make me 'slovenly' :colonhash:

Fair enough. If I desire to be 'slovenly' I just hang in trackies/a pair of shorts that I find comfortable. Who does wear pyjamas to sleep...? :holmes:
Fair enough. If I desire to be 'slovenly' I just hang in trackies/a pair of shorts that I find comfortable. Who does wear pyjamas to sleep...? :holmes:

people who share a room maybe? :holmes:
people who share a room maybe? :holmes:

Perhaps. Depends on the level of familiarity, I suppose...:holmes:
Perhaps. Depends on the level of familiarity, I suppose...:holmes:

Indeed :holmes:

I really don't want to have to share a room :no:
Indeed :holmes:

I really don't want to have to share a room :no:

Why would you need to? Are you not in a single room?
Why would you need to? Are you not in a single room?

Single rooms aren't guaranteed at LMH :no: But tbh most of their accom is single rooms :colonhash:
Single rooms aren't guaranteed at LMH :no: But tbh most of their accom is single rooms :colonhash:

LMH rooms are all single -
from their website
'All rooms are single study bedrooms with central heating, and many have en-suite facilities. All rooms have broadband internet connection, via the College's ethernet.'

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending