The Student Room Group
University of Bedfordshire | Outside Campus Centre
University of Bedfordshire
Luton
Visit website

University of Bedfordshire Applicants 2012!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by earlysound
I've received an unconditional to do Adult Nursing - could be interesting being male.

Ah you'll be like Greg Focker! Haha I wouldn't worry about it.. Male nurses are normally really cute :wink:
University of Bedfordshire | Outside Campus Centre
University of Bedfordshire
Luton
Visit website
hey, ive just finished my first year at luton studying psychology, so am happy to help anyone with any questions about anything :smile:
I'm studying psychology too .. Starting this year.. Is it extremely hard?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
first year wasnt too hard, just alot like alevel really, year 2 is suppose to be alot harder though :/
When is everyone moving into halls?

Original post by Hjohnston18
When is everyone moving into halls?

I'm moving into fitzroy/wenlock court on Saturday 22nd September :smile:

I'll be studying psychology and criminal behaviour
Same!! I'm studying psychology :smile::smile:

Reply 87
Original post by littleone271
I'm moving into fitzroy/wenlock court on Saturday 22nd September :smile:

I'll be studying psychology and criminal behaviour

Im doing the same course and am moving into same accommodation at the same time,

Cant wait :smile:

You looking forward to it ?
I'm moving down to Luton tomorrow as my course starts on the 10th of September, and we have an induction on the 29th :/ I'll let you all know what it's like.
I haven't heard back from my accommodation.. Has anyone else not heard?

Reply 90
Original post by Hjohnston18
I haven't heard back from my accommodation.. Has anyone else not heard?

All I've heard is that I've been provisionally given it! Now just got to pay deposit!
Reply 91
I got a room in John Street, but dont you think rent is abit much for uni halls?
Original post by mcintoshp
I got a room in John Street, but dont you think rent is abit much for uni halls?

For fitzroy/wenlock court it's £126 a week which sounds like a lot but I think it's quite good value considering the rooms are all en suite and nicely decorated and kitchens are nice, there's plenty of space, nice sofas, brand new buildings with new appliances etc. all bills included, unlimited access to the gym, 24/7 security and a reception desk...

At other universities in the South East you'd pay £110 for a tiny room and a crappy tiny kitchen (with dated appliances), no communal living areas, rubbish security etc. I'd rather pay the extra £16 a week and be in the great location with all the extras and a decent standard of living so in my opinion it's worth it.
Reply 93
Original post by littleone271
For fitzroy/wenlock court it's £126 a week which sounds like a lot but I think it's quite good value considering the rooms are all en suite and nicely decorated and kitchens are nice, there's plenty of space, nice sofas, brand new buildings with new appliances etc. all bills included, unlimited access to the gym, 24/7 security and a reception desk...

At other universities in the South East you'd pay £110 for a tiny room and a crappy tiny kitchen (with dated appliances), no communal living areas, rubbish security etc. I'd rather pay the extra £16 a week and be in the great location with all the extras and a decent standard of living so in my opinion it's worth it.

I'm not talking about fitzroy/wenlock, I'm talking about the other halls, it's a very standard with no extras, only Internet. You don't get use of the gym facility and there's no communal area. I don't think that's worth almost £500. I could probably rent my own flat without having to share a bathroom to kitchen for that amount of money right?

*My rent at John Street will be £486
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by mcintoshp
I'm not talking about fitzroy/wenlock, I'm talking about the other halls, it's a very standard with no extras, only Internet. You don't get use of the gym facility and there's no communal area. I don't think that's worth almost £500. I could probably rent my own flat without having to share a bathroom to kitchen for that amount of money right?

*My rent at John Street will be £486

You'll have all of your bills included though. Water, gas, electricity and internet can add up to quite a bit of money. Getting your own flat with bills included for £500 a month is extremely ambitious in the South East. In certain areas up north it probably wouldn't be a problem at all but it's pretty unrealistic for the South East, particularly when considering the proximity to London. It's all about the location. I know people spending over £200 a week for tiny rooms without en suites in London and in certain parts of London you'd probably be paying even more.
(edited 11 years ago)
I'm in lea halls and to be honest they look like ****. Really want one of the new ones which are en suite. So expensive for such basic things!!

I've been offered Lea Halls, I asked if i could come see it before i paid ans they told me no.. because people wehre living there :frown: not sure if i should go a head a pay just coz i want to live in halls.. any advise?
The starting pack they sent out had a few small pictures of each halls and lea halls looks a site. It's horrible looking doesn't even look like there is room to breathe!!! I have an offer for the same halls and really not sure to accept it or not either

I'm moving the 21st to Bedford and studying English and Education Studies. I'm verrrryyy nervous. I'm coming all the way from Newcastle aaah!

I'm staying in the Liberty Park Halls, does anyone know what they're like?
Does anyone actuallly live in Lea Halls. would love to have an unbiased view before i accept anything

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending