The Student Room Group

Any applicants having CAS delay issues? Visa rules change?

Greetings fellow frustrated applicants,

I was wondering whether anyone was in the same freaking boat as I am. I applied to a good university in the U.K three months ago. There was probably some problem initially so it took a whole month to get my offer letter. But that's not the issue here actually. The thing is I haven't got my CAS number yet. Been two months. :cry2:

The university has been pretty good about being in contact and keeping me sane though. I was told that the British high commission (in India, I believe) is trying to be very wary of "bad" students so they are coming up with new rules blah blah blah. This led to the university not being able to issue any CAS. And this led to my life being on hold for two months and who knows how many more. I want to apply to another university now because I've lost interest in this one. I know it's not their fault but come on.

I know that there are other universities who, i am told, are having the same issues. But not all. I am also pretty sure that this issue is only for the South Asian/Indian continent applicants because we are "unreliable" which probably is true, given our previous record.:unimpressed: But the generalization is just not working well for genuine applicants like me.

Is there anyone who is having this issue or any other visa issues lately? Feel free to vent. :ciao: I am all ears. It's easier to deal with things when you know you are not the only one alone. What else can I do anyway but wait?
Reply 1
Yes i am realy facing this problem its been 2 months now haven´ got my CAS yet please help me with it? Its bedfordshire university
Reply 2
I have not received my CAS either. My program starts in a month. I still need to apply for a visa. The University is not responding to my emails.
Reply 3
Original post by Jasce1
I have not received my CAS either. My program starts in a month. I still need to apply for a visa. The University is not responding to my emails.

which uni?
Reply 4
Original post by grKiro
which uni?

Northumbria Uni. I’m giving them until next week to issue me a CAS. If that doesn’t happen, then I won’t be attending. I’m not willing to do a late enrollment since my program is accelerated.
Hey there !!! Am having a problem. Let me start from the beginning . First when i applied for biomedical science in uk ! They gave me instant response and gave me very soon conditional offer letter . And after that , the representative from inda of that University takes a interview ,which was telephonic and i made a mistake and told them about my immigration history and they emailed me that you cannot issue CAS number but than. My agent mailed University about not issuing CAS for small mistake . So i just want to know, that will i receive my CAS ? Any ideasBecause, the representative of University called me again after 6-7 days of my CAS rejection , asking about when your interview has been conducted ! So i want to know that are there any chances of receiving my CAS . 😔
Reply 6
Original post by Sachchit_0720
Hey there !!! Am having a problem. Let me start from the beginning . First when i applied for biomedical science in uk ! They gave me instant response and gave me very soon conditional offer letter . And after that , the representative from inda of that University takes a interview ,which was telephonic and i made a mistake and told them about my immigration history and they emailed me that you cannot issue CAS number but than. My agent mailed University about not issuing CAS for small mistake . So i just want to know, that will i receive my CAS ? Any ideasBecause, the representative of University called me again after 6-7 days of my CAS rejection , asking about when your interview has been conducted ! So i want to know that are there any chances of receiving my CAS . 😔

Whats your immigration history? how severe was it? whats the reason they rejected?
Same here no response about my cas from uni Bedfordshire , still waiting
Hey nandu, have u got ur cas
Reply 9
Any response from Bedfordshire university on cas letter for January intake ?
Even, My course start days from tomm but I haven’t received CAS letter till now. It creates lot of problems for me.
Original post by Isfa ck
Yes i am realy facing this problem its been 2 months now haven´ got my CAS yet please help me with it? Its bedfordshire university

So when did you got your cas then ?
Did u get your CAS ????. I am facing the same issue from bedfordshire. They are not even replying to the mails or calls. I am so frustrated about the situation my classes have already started and still they are not replying. I have also paid 65% of fee.Now I really want to change the uni but I am not able to do so because I have worked a hell lot to get here so far and I really need to get into this uni this intake or else I think it won't happen it's really hard to convince my parents to shift to another uni for another intake
Original post by Logistical
Did u get your CAS ????. I am facing the same issue from bedfordshire. They are not even replying to the mails or calls. I am so frustrated about the situation my classes have already started and still they are not replying. I have also paid 65% of fee.Now I really want to change the uni but I am not able to do so because I have worked a hell lot to get here so far and I really need to get into this uni this intake or else I think it won't happen it's really hard to convince my parents to shift to another uni for another intake

Hope you must have reached your destination. On the same track, still I am on pending with my ATAS, and going through the comments really its frustrating. I still havent applied for CAS and VISA due to delay in ATAS and theres only one month left. Can I able to make it or will college extend my intake deadline?
I have not been issued CAS from Sunderland university all mails no one has been reply to

Quick Reply