The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 1
CRUEL

Thats like someone saying that i got all my offers based on me being an asian girl going into a male dominated subject- rubbish
You got in because ur a good candidate, they may have offered you lower grades because they really liked what they read about you, or because they just wanted to make sure that you would put them as your 1st. Dont listen to your friend! Be happy!
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 2
Complete rubbish.

They obviously really want you there to lower the offer.
Reply 3
I'm not disabled and I got a BBB offer for the same course and my predicted grades aren't even that good! Maybe it's just to encourage more boys as loads of girls typically apply for english - not that I'm complaining
That's true. There is a distinct lack of males. No wonder I keep skipping lectures.
Reply 5
Offers at Lancaster are often lower than what is printed in the prospectus.

Applications are down a bit this year which might be a more likely reason for them giving out lower offeres.
Reply 6
Rubbish. I had a disability and Cambridge didnt lower my offer. Ignore the person.
I've heard of Lancaster lowering offers quite often.

My friend who was an AAA candidate applied there for history, and they lowered his offer, even though he was quite capable of getting in *he did, and now attends*

Your friend sounds like either a complete idiot, or really jealous that people havn't lowered his offers!

Ignore him and gloat at the fact you have a good offer at a good uni for an extremely competitive course :p:

Latest

Trending

Trending